What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks - i have a 150w cfl in my veg, i hate it

them flat cfl work much better i think as the whole top of the round cfl does not even get used !!

luv2garden

thanks - i have a 150w cfl in my veg, i hate it

them flat cfl work much better i think as the whole top of the round cfl does not even get used !!

Brother Bear,

I like that home made fixture you got there! are those T4s? do they need separate ballast? and what sizes do they come in?

Also do they run cool?

Thx
L2G

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they don't get to hot, i keep a fan on them though

picture.php

picture.php

had a friend help me with my lights :yes:

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Sweet BB....I was just looking at those (or similar) at HD the other day...

They obviously work for you man :joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Ok, tri-st8, lil help...

I've never had plants out this early, and we may be looking at a lil frost 2night. I had plants do fine with a few frosts late in the season, but will my 6 week old plants be able to take a sub 33degree night w/o dying? They are MrN shit (hearty skunk), and they were vegged ~2wks inside, and the last month or so out on my deck. They went in the ground ~2 days ago.

xOOx

can u get to them..?

if you can, and ur nervous..you can take a garbage can, half cut 1 gallon milk jugs..old plastic big flower pots even..and put it over them to protect them at nightfall.. but the shieldz has to come off first thing in the morning..if the sun comes up and u don't remove it in time, they can get baked.. and surely dead..

if it goes get to a full on frost, and its not a hard killin frost im guessing lots of leaf damage
and maybe some victims (the weaker climate ones)

but its weird, frost is a strange thing.. depends on elevation and surroundings too, 300 feet away can get a killer frost, and because the way the air is.. your plants survive..crap shoot y0

i'd be nervous under 35..

xUUx

xOOx

also..in a pinch u can use trash bags, cut them open so its as big as it can get and drape it over the plant gently as not to crush it.. and then put some rocks around so it doesnt blow off..

^ i didn't wanna mention this, but this has to come off the next morning, a couple hours under the plastic and u can kiss them goodbye if u dont get to them..

xUUx

Molson

Another grower stole my grow spot. Just found out a few hours ago. It's funny because I think I ran into him on my way back in the woods. He was a kid, maybe 16/17, but acting real nervous as we exchanged friendly hellos.

5 min after the encounter I arrive at the spot I've used for the past 2 seasons only to see a bunch of seedlings in blue party cups nonetheless and a few bags of used soil. Not only did it piss me off that someone stole my plot, but it was sloppy. I mean before I even got to the plot I ran into a couple of blue cups... like following a bread crumb trail. 10+ blue party cups was EASY to spot from 50+ ft. If they had been properly worked into the surroundings I probably would've missed them.

I was going to put my 20 AFs out there soon, but am glad I found this. Because now, I can't. That plot is finished. Done with. But that's ok, because the other plot I've been eyeing has pretty horrendous terrain, which nobody in their right mind would want to get through. Looks like everything will have to go there.

What are the odds of this happening though? Another grower taking over your grow area? I literally shit a brick when I saw them blue cups with seedlings in them. I almost couldn't believe it. He's just lucky I'm not some ripper... or dirtball hunter looking for an easy score.

Better not have been one of you motherfuckers :spank:

pthway4

Hello farmers!!

Hello farmers!!

Here's shot of the flowering sativa ladies.....I actually got them out for the shots...let me know what you guys think....Been in 12/12 since 4/3

luv2garden

just curious luv2garden but what does a cab like that set you back $$?

peace
jip

Sup jip,

My cost to build it was $1,600 with all the goodies wood, paint, hardware, fan,lights, filter ecs... It's very well built (solid)

I was originally going to market them and use this one as a demo, but I'd have to get a minimum of $2,500 for it to be worth the trouble and shipping could add about $200 so I'm not sure if it's feasible.

L2G

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
PW4, they look great and gettin' frosty too..healthy lookin' fer sure..yummm..

hey BROBEAR & LUV2..everybody's plants R looking good around here..
just flipped some afghan haze..kinda tall plants..4 of 5 are leanig to the haze side.. peace all..

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Sup jip,

My cost to build it was $1,600 with all the goodies wood, paint, hardware, fan,lights, filter ecs... It's very well built (solid)

I was originally going to market them and use this one as a demo, but I'd have to get a minimum of $2,500 for it to be worth the trouble and shipping could add about $200 so I'm not sure if it's feasible.

L2G

Mornin Tri-State :D

Yeah man, that cab is so pimp brother....Did you mention dimensions ?

If you covered already, my bad. :joint:

@Barletta - Let's us know how you made out last night bro....I'm in the same region as you and it got cold as hell out last night.

Peace,

Gro

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
wow impressive work I thought you bought that thing

you would need to do a better job of sourcing your inputs. you could knock some $$ off there buying in bulk, but overall I agree it is a tough sell plus the fact that many growers like to do things themselves anyway, 2000+ is expensive.

nice job none the less

peace
jip

Last edited:

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
What a day in the Tri-State...

What a day in the Tri-State...

My Skunk bag beans are smilin at the sun today (hardening a bit) and my Sterling Widow F2 babes (Thank You Brother Man:D) decided to join the party...

Skunk Bag beans - Day 7

picture.php

My SW babies, Day - 4....Minni, Mona & Jaclyn..... :joint:

picture.php

Peace in the Tri-State

Gro

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Thanks L2G.....I did "work" last night and rigged up a make-shift "reflector"....Don't laugh at it...:nanana:

They seem to like it :D.....

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts