What's new

P91

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
It most definitely does have a P91 dominence, at least on the one that I grew out. It was very different from all of the other Princess Diesel crosses.

p91reportpx2.jpg
:joint::wave:

The only problem is that the P-91 mother was a femmed seed from Jef Teks garden and was not pure P-91. I believe that Jef has Afghan Bullrider and G13 running at the same time, though looking at my P-91, I would have said that the cross was with Afghani#1. You did a nice job on several of those seeds,Greenie. No one really knows which NL was used, but it was supposed to ne NL cubed as earlier reported.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Isn't Princess a Jack Herer Pheno, just like Genius?

Princess 50 (Mr. Soul) Princess X [Shiva Skunk X Jack Herer]
Princess 75 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 50
Princess 88 aka Cinderella 88 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 75

Don't forget that [FONT=&quot] Cinderella 99 (Mr. Soul) is Princess X Princess 88[/FONT]

Its definitely a Haze based Sativa pedigree. I doubt it shows strong Northing Lights traits as they are recessive in Jack Herer. Many people say Princess was a very racy jack Herer
expression.

So just verifying that it is most likely Not-A-Princess strain or cross.

Bi0hazard

J

JeffSpicoli

just a update... After talkin to my buddy who grew up in Poway, and was a bigtime commercial grower/ part of that crew... He told me that P91 has silver pearl in it... Or something to that effect, i was REALLY REALLY stoned when we were talking about it... but i know for sure that it derives from Silver Pearl... Until recently its been pretty much accepted that it was a NL x NL... But i trust this friend more than ANYONE, when it comes to the san diego cannabis scene

Hey JeffSpicoli - great to see another SD guy! Now everything I've heard about catpiss, and I may be wrong was that it was called p91 cat piss sativa. I know there are actually seeds that marc emery was selling called catpiss sativa, but it may be two totally different things. Ever heard of this?

ogP91fam

just a update... After talkin to my buddy who grew up in Poway, and was a bigtime commercial grower/ part of that crew... He told me that P91 has silver pearl in it... Or something to that effect, i was REALLY REALLY stoned when we were talking about it... but i know for sure that it derives from Silver Pearl... Until recently its been pretty much accepted that it was a NL x NL... But i trust this friend more than ANYONE, when it comes to the san diego cannabis scene

it was a silver back THai....p91 was my creation, and yes..most of the people keep repeating this incorrect NL story and the Poway stuff...not to blame anybody because it is easy for stuff to get twisted, but i assure you this is firsthand and nobody even from Poway would tell you differently...because the Poway boys were/are friends and they were growing p91, they just didnt create it, and the p was not for poway, it was for Peanutty 91, because it tasted nutty. It was a Skunk #1 crossed on a Thai....i will cut and paste some other info on it that i posted on another site....i love to talk shop and am always happy to answer any questions.....

"
p91 was my cross...made it in 1991..not from poway (as many think) but up the road an hour in Playa del Rey/Westchester/LAX area.. and not an NL cross. I typed a long history of it..will look for it and repost....long story short...most p91 is not the real deal, as with most legendary strains, expect some counterfeits..lol. When you do get it, you know...tastes like you just chewed on a dirt rock, or an old leather jacket...very dark tasting, very strong high. the strongest i have seen to date, no joke, and i tried/grew most.....

quick background...P-91 comes from a selectively inbred mother that came from SSSC catalog back in 1988...Skunk #1 seeds. The mother was a real nice baby from breeding the SK#1 back on itself....it was being called the Diamond in San Diego circa 1990ish. The father was a pure Thai from a collection that was very rare and definately pure landrace...got lucky on those seeds when the collector started 'tweaking'...(again, no bs and lol 4sure) One seed went male, the other turned into an amazing silver thai female. So, with sk#1 being a indo/thai/sativa cross, and then crossed back on a pure thai strain, the p-91 is a mostly thai hybrid....like nothing else i have ever seen or grown. Will get back with more info if yall want it, but the heavy thai is why it has always been so strong and sleepy.....
Cheers!"

this one is funny...came from another post where a guy was calling me a liar and defending the poway story...lol...

"Anyway...i havent had p91 since around 1996 or so. I really don't believe anybody has the original, but unlike some others, i won't pretend to know what i do not. It is so hard to say. It was very protected back then, only family had it. On the Dead tour, we were well known as the p91 family...i can even post some fliers from concert posters i drew way back in 1992 that had lil seeds with p91 hidden on them...wonder how i started this lie way back then. weird why i would want to. anyway, sorry im back off topic, but it is annoying to be called a liar when you are very proud of the work you do. Anyway...about ten people in LA were growing it, and about ten more in north san diego county back in the early 90's. A few folks that got it MIGHT have shared it without anyone else knowing but who knows?? There is one guy who thought he had it but it was a later cross that he had, not the p91. there were several p91 crosses already out by 1992 like eyebleed, psknl (p91xsk#1xnorthern lights), psk (p91xskunk), etc...
I have seen a few things that people called p91 since i lost it, but none were really even close, sad to say.
If anyone does have it, or thinks they do...i would LOVE to know. I would LOVE to find it again.

For the record, i am quite proud of the crosses i am responsible for. I don't need any fame or attention for them, just glad when they are appreciated...but it is annoying to see this poway story keep coming up without a single person having any FIRSTHAND knowledge or names. MY STORY IS FIRSTHAND and can not really be challenged becuase even the guys in Poway that grew it got it from me or one of my 2 partners at the time...either way, they know me and it's history. People who don't know should leave it alone. But then, haters make the world go round. I have smoked 1000s of strains....made several hundred crosses and the SGV and P-Kush are the only things i have ever smoked that came close to p91 in taste and narcotic high. Someone said it was a 7 outta 10 and that trainwreck was better....they FOR SURE did not have REAL p91 or they would have never made that comment (sorry, a lot of bad names EVERYWHERE in the plant world, especially when they can make you xtra $). EVERYONE who smoked the real deal will tell you that it was the best ever, and nobody forgets it. SOrry to have to vent...but the truth does deserve a voice too.....
CHEERS!"

Anyway...i love p91! Just want the story straight!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was wondering when you were going to get over to this sight...i remember ape telling me to check this post out on another sight...im glad you made it over here..this story would explain alot...what do you think of the current cut going around? what do you think of the pics?

S

Shan Diego

...what do you think of the pics?

I just noticed the title of the thread and I bet lots of us sd folks are gonna chime in and go 'oh......so that's the real story.' But, like Sub said, is this your baby?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think ogp91fam is only on the computer once in awhile....if i remember right on he other sight there were questions asked but not answered...i kept going back to see if he had returned but he hadnt after a couple weeks so i just forgot about it....the two versions (spicolis bro and ogp91) could be connected....silver pearl-silver thai...see how these two could be confused after a couple decades...the weird thing is the 'nl p91' story is not an internet story...it predates even icmag....ive lived in the poway area on and off for over a decade and the story has always been the same...though thai genetics and skunk would explain sooooo much...i want this version of the story and the teller to be legit....i really do...it would be nice if the mystery were finally and completely explained....but can it be from one persons post is the question....

ogP91fam

that does look like p91 the way it grows...same leafs...cant see the internodal length but its gotta be short to be so bushy which is just as the p91 was.

as far as the legitimacy of my info....i really think most people who grew it either know me or my best friends who live in vista and san marcos now, but used to be in Poway....right down the street. The other guy who had the mother that made the p91 is still in Oceanside to this day also. They can all tell you what is what. If you are familiar with the old san diego pot scene...you would probably know che and remember seedless clothing..a san diego company that was so big back in the days...the pants with the built in stash spot in the legs....love em....anyway...all of the clothes in those days came with stickers attached to them...real cool ones with pictures of strains on them...if you or anyone can dig these up or knows where che is now...he would tell you for sure who made the p91 and where he got the pictures of it to put on his clothing way back in 1992. But who knows who started that NL story....i do not and can't seem to find it's source or anybody EVEN from poway who says they know. The best lead i had on the FAKE version of the p91 story was from some guys who opened up a head shop in ocean beach like ten years ago (i assume it is gone now but dont know)...the store was actually called P91! when me and a buddy that has been growing p since 91 with me (and who has been a life resident of san diego and very in-the-scene) drove by and saw it...our jaws dropped. My buddy went in and asked straight out "What is the deal with this store name?? where did it come from...?" The worker there said..."Oh, it is named after the p91 strain...it is the strongest strain ever...started by the poway boys class of 91..." So, that was the first i heard of this, and i am guessing that with a store and tee-shirts advertising p91 and the fake story they had, it is probable that they spread the story far and wide and without anybody saying NO WAY!...it was just accepted and considered accurate for a long time. WHen i did a lil search a while back on google and found the threads about p91 and being from poway...i was so shocked....i went and posted and tried to tell the truth...but i was new to the whole internet scene and was a little disheartened when some folks questioned my legitimacy....so i kinda avoided the site and the stress, and also was going thru a divorce that took me away from my home and computer and normalcy...now i am back to normal and wanted to get back up here and the other site but had forgotten my passwords and changed my email addy....so here i go again...trying to tell the truth...but who knows what anyone will believe. I can tell you EVERY detail though...and got A LOT of proof to back it up and a lot of VERY credible folks who can vouch for me and who i am and the crosses i have been creating since back in the 80's......got questions?? i have lots of answers...but dont wanna fight about it...just want to inform if anyone cares to know the truth.

Some of the pics i have seen lately look ALOT like how i remember the p91 to grow...and a few do not....so at this point, i think it IS out there, but in FEW collections and that the later p91xNL and p91xsk is what is more common to see out there being called p91...those were my crosses as well and those were shared MUCH more......but again...not really sure. If i could taste it though,,,,,then i would know for sure...without a doubt i could identify her!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, im certainly not contesting your story....its just ive bought into online stories before that were false...ive never heard anyone w so many details be called wrong before....we may actually have some mutual friends...(seedless)this is what i can tell ya bout the p me and my bro grew....smelled and tasted exactly like the commercial p i got for 10 years plus...it was one of the few commercial strains i sought out here in sd....(p91,madness, and bullrider)....she is not only branchy, but if you dont trim down the branches, the branches that grow off them will choke the center mass of the bush into a tangled mess that light will not penetrate(im exaggerating a bit to make a point)...and the rem sleep properties are off the chart! a lil experiment i did bout 10 years ago:
--scored me and three bro's a sack....divied it up and i asked them to let me know if there were any effects, tastes, smells, etc that they felt were unique to the strain....thethree ofthem knew each other, but not really outside my place...all three within a couple days had told me the one thingthat stood out- you sleep like a rock after toking p, w outstanding vivid dreams....that has always been a big plus for me as i have severe sleep disorder(just ask my downstairs neighbors!)...i have since identified two strains that help me in this department...but for me, i never considered herb as a sleep enhancer, quite the opposite to be honest...i have told that story many many times online and off...but its my favorite aspect of this strain!

ogP91fam

well, im certainly not contesting your story....its just ive bought into online stories before that were false...ive never heard anyone w so many details be called wrong before....we may actually have some mutual friends...(seedless)this is what i can tell ya bout the p me and my bro grew....smelled and tasted exactly like the commercial p i got for 10 years plus...it was one of the few commercial strains i sought out here in sd....(p91,madness, and bullrider)....she is not only branchy, but if you dont trim down the branches, the branches that grow off them will choke the center mass of the bush into a tangled mess that light will not penetrate(im exaggerating a bit to make a point)...and the rem sleep properties are off the chart! a lil experiment i did bout 10 years ago:
--scored me and three bro's a sack....divied it up and i asked them to let me know if there were any effects, tastes, smells, etc that they felt were unique to the strain....thethree ofthem knew each other, but not really outside my place...all three within a couple days had told me the one thingthat stood out- you sleep like a rock after toking p, w outstanding vivid dreams....that has always been a big plus for me as i have severe sleep disorder(just ask my downstairs neighbors!)...i have since identified two strains that help me in this department...but for me, i never considered herb as a sleep enhancer, quite the opposite to be honest...i have told that story many many times online and off...but its my favorite aspect of this strain!

reading this made me smile so big......ahhh, the memories. You described her exactly! the branching was such a pain! in those days we rarely cooked the shake or did anything with it, so we just wasted all those lowers and cut away braches with the lil popcorn nugs on them cuz they were just too time consuming to trim....that was the ONLY downside of the p91....you must have had it then! So Cool! Small world! YES....IT put you straight to sleep! A bunch of veteran smokers would pack their average size snap in the chalice then only get halway thru and put it down...and not on purpose...theyd be sooo high that theyd forget that they didnt snap the bowl and just sit there and lag...lol. Once me and 2 friends tried to smoke and 8th before the superbowl and we ALL woke up at halftime....after only like 4 hits a piece! and we are nowhere near light weights. PArt of me used to question weather God took p91 and ED2 (another sleeper strain i made but lost) away from me so that i could finally be productive again!
So...im pretty certain we have Lots of friends in common if you were getting the p91 for all those years...it was a pretty small circle. Without naming any names, cuz some folks are so scared...lol.....do you know the big black guy (like 6'7") with the dreads...GG? He stands out so most people know him best when it comes to the p91 family. Back to the seedless folks....my best friend who is still growing down there in SD...his lil bro is the kid in all the old Seedless catalogs modeling the youth clothes.....and the Dready guy in all the pics in the catalog for the Seedless sweatshirts....that is the guy who had the mother plant of p91 that i made the cross with. Your friends at seedless will know who im talking about...the loud guy from oceanside....hehe! So, yeah...p91 and seedless went way back together...if you know them...you probably know us! Exciting to see the pieces fall together slowly........and yes....i too am skeptical about all i read, so feel free to want more proof or to just not be totally convinced....but if you can get ahold of any of the seedless folks...or better yet, an old catalog...show your friends the pic of the dready guy...they will know him...he is the other parent of the p91...it was at his best friends (cams) apt in playa del rey where we did the cross. Lots of those folks were around for all the parties..we may have smoked together for all i know... Small world...nice chatting! btw, did you know Jason/Psychoman from oceanside?? he was not p91 family...but he was associated, and man did he want the p91...when he got hold of it, he made all kinds of crosses, then dissappeared to go be an engineer or something and make high end speakers somewhere or something....i miss that weirdo too. Good times back in them daze!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive got about two minutes and i gotta go pick up my girl...heres the thing, p91 may still be around in its original form, cuz when i grew it, it was exactly what i was scoring for years(we will run down all the rest later) at least close enough i could not tell the diff...did you see my flower pics of her?

J

JeffSpicoli

i still have the P91 that subrob speaks of.. Definitely a slow one to get going, with the tightest internodes, and branching like you have never seen.

J

JeffSpicoli

Hey so i showed my buddy this post, and he says its most likely the truth. And that the Poway P91 that his boys made 'famous' was most likely the psknl (p91xsk#1xnorthern lights)
So the strain that all of us in san diego know as P91 is most likely the PSKNL

He said he was gonna show ogp91fam's post to his buddies and see what they say.

ogp91fam and i most definitely have some mutual friends through seedless.

humbleguy

Veteran
ogP91FAM- any pictures? They are worth a thousand words ya know? I'd love to see how she was done commercially. I have the circulated cut and would appreciate any input you may have aside from pruning lowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.