What's new

ozone machine thread

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There can be a problem with useing ozone by itself with a fixed high output generator.

The smell is very distinctive and unusual , many would suspect electrical arcing or fire , excess unreacted ozone could be smelt well off my property on a calm dry day , as strong as the weed it had hidden.

If you can rig up a mixing chamber of decent volume or vent into an attic space you can use a suprisingly low output cheap unit with good results.

Has anyone cleaned/reconditioned a used carbon filter by deliberately running excess ozone back through it ?

It has the potential to oxidise and remove organic contaminants blocking the carbon lattice and restore an unoppened soiled filter to pristine condition at little cost.

With my luck it would overheat and burst into flames.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldnt pump ozone intp a chamber full of drying buds, or you will strip all the smell out of the buds themselves.
treating the exhaust air from a drying chamber would work though,
I have a similar idea, for trimming, sort of like a glovebox for mushroom growing, but bigger, with a little bathroom fan and ozone genny.

Damn thanks Harry..i didn't think it could that...Welp im making it now ...will post the finished product...:dance013:

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok ...so here's what i came up with...One small box on top of a larger box.Inside the larger box is a food dehydrator with the heating element removed and a fan installed..Ive been drying with this for awhile and it works great.....In the top box is the small ozone generator ...hooked up to a fitted cycle timer.To adjust the level of ozone output..

I didn't have to put the timer on the box,,but i figured it would look cool ..so their it is..On the top of the small box is a adjustable vent made from the top of another dehydrator....Im certain, a certain amount of restriction is needed to be effective.

So that finishes it ,and the final product i labelled the "Cosmic Grass Machine"..Ghetto building at its finest..My harvest comes up in about a week,so well see how she pans out.....:dance013:

Attachments

• dehydrator.jpg
    dehydrator.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dehtdrator2.jpg
    dehtdrator2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
  • prozone.jpg
    prozone.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cycletimer.jpg
    cycletimer.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
  • topvent.jpg
    topvent.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 9
  • CosmicGrassMachine.jpg
    CosmicGrassMachine.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 8

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just realized i should put the fan on the cycle timer with the ozone machine ,,so when the fans pushing the air...the ozone is cleaning and exausting at the same time ..for no smell...

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi foomar, I might use a oz genny in the attic to catch anything the filter misses- belts and braces approach :), how much ozone mg/h do you think it would require to do this?

eyes

Veteran
the ozone should be injected into the duct itself where the odor is exiting from the carbon filter. so carbon,the ozone genny and out to wherever it will be ducted. if you are ducting in the attic,make sure the air has somewhere to go thats outside otherwise youll get mold and mildew all over the rafters.

ive used the uvonairs and there o.k. but for the smaller units,i prefer the cap ozn 1 if its just for cleaning up lingering smells that escape outside a tent or a door in a room. its not powerful enough to be a inline duct unit.

ive also owned the airzone unit and it was good for cleaning up smells outside a room or tent. it was the 400 mg model per hour. ive looked at the big blue and although 4000 mg sounds like alot ,its not when your running a powerful fan in a short amount of duct. youll need a very large duct run to give it time to mix. or you can go with an empty room to dump it into b4 mixing it as well.

some of the more powerful units they sell are decent but way too pricey for me. there also not designed to be in a duct but as a standalone machine and run in the room.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi eyes :tiphat:

I'm now looking at a unit similar to the cap ozn 1 I think it's called the airmaid and also the hydrozone elsewhere.... Uses ceramic/arc to produce ozone and as ceramic plates are much cheaper than the uv bulbs to replace seems like a no brainer.... Unit has 4 settings for mg/hr release and a built in 7 day programmable timer. It's sold as being able to be placed in duct or in grow room.

I'll probably use it in the duct work for to double up with filter unless I get any smells outside the tent in room or anywhere else. Then I'll stick it in the problem area ftw.... I got a big ass fan and filter for the size of the tent, plus hella ONA gel, just needed to know if the ozone was 100% if smell manages to creep past the initial defenses lol.

My duct run is pretty long and the hot air will escape through the eaves on the roof.

Thanks for the informative post.

eyes

Veteran
Thats no problem,shhh. yeah the ceramic arc sounds good- corona discharge is what it is. how many mg is it rated? its probably good around doorways and such. alot of those units just dont have the balls to deal with serious smell in the duct when its discharged(no disrespect at all).

yeah it does sound like a better choice then the cap with its ozone uv bulb. id assume its 14 or 17 long with about 500 mg.

i tried ona gel even the pro and wasnt impressed. i had someone come over and say they can still smell it. a tightly sealed door (even double door,negative pressure, best filter u can get and the jurys still out on that.

i think id like to make my own genny and hook members up cause i know whats needed since im in the trade. not some guy with a fancy page just sellin stuff to sell and make coin.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts