What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oxy addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlaser

Veteran
We have drugs that have the ability to take pain away, but peoples assumptions about them are they are bad. Because people tell them. Kind of sounds like weed. Do any of you listen to the weed bullshit? Why listen about opiates.

I get they can kill but so can drinking too much water. Everything around us can kill if we have too much. So why dont we all just stop drinking water it can kill you ya know... scary stuff

You are not doing anyone any favors by trying to suggest opiates are as safe as cannabis.
An opiate overdose is as easy as taking your meds an hour, hour and a half early.
Maybe you will survive it, maybe not.
Happened to me three times over a 24 year period, all times woke in a hospital because luckily I don't live alone. One time I was far enough to be put on a ventilator.
Not really comparable to cannabis or water for ease of overdosage.

YetiOG

You are not doing anyone any favors by trying to suggest opiates are as safe as cannabis.
An opiate overdose is as easy as taking your meds an hour, hour and a half early.
Maybe you will survive it, maybe not.
Happened to me three times over a 24 year period, all times woke in a hospital because luckily I don't live alone. One time I was far enough to be put on a ventilator.
Not really comparable to cannabis or water for ease of overdosage.

Stop taki g your shit early you wouldnt have a proble. Opiates taken properly are 100% safe stop pandering silliness. Opiate overdoses happen when people are taking street drugs, or more than a doctor directs. On occasion a doctor gives too much but if you OD 3 times in a year theres more to that story bud. Thats not taking meds early thats taking them wrong. Besides taking early is NOT AS DIRECTED duh no wonder its not safe. Take it properly you wouldnt have problems. You are abusing the shit if you are taking it any way other than as directed.

Anything used improperly can kill you. Thats the point. Everything has a ld50. Opiates is smaller than water but both can kill you. Using anything properly is safe.

Im not going to talk about my dosage because its nobodys biz but sure it could seriously harm a not tollerant person, but i have a tollerance. The dose has been built to where it is, if given by a doctor opiates are 100% safe.

To be honest you shouldnt be on them its people using them wrong fucking it up for the rest. Because you dont have personal responsibility and time management you OD.

Ive never overdosed on opiates. Ive always followed the directions and its worked as supposed to. I have withdrawn from pills which sucks and was my own fault.

You are blaming the pills when really its on you. Take it properly. You have nothing to stand on you are really pushing stigma nothing else you openly admit you took it early which is contrary to wheat im talking about, opiates are totally fine if you dont abuse them.

Im not going to reply to you again because i have nothing to say to someone who activly works against helping themselves. Follow your doctors directions and stop drumming up fear of shit. If someone needs it and a doctor gives it, thats their buisness and that is safe in my opinion. I hope others are smart enough to follow directions not "take whenever" man thats so bunk, you seemed to be able to read my post buy cant read your bottle of pills. Whew how does that work

Mr.Miner

I started reading this thread just now and was really freaked to see that he isn't posting back...anyone know him, personally?
Side note- anyone have any experience with Ibogaine? I heard it is amazing for heavy addictions.

YetiOG

your right Yeti. I know very little about this subject. I've never gotten hooked to the stuff as bad, but know multiple people who claim to have quit(some cold turkey)

what I do know is that people can change. we need to breakdown first(shrooms). travel to places in our souls and minds that cannot be spoken in words so that when we come back, there is no time or energy for pain because you will be so devoted to your mission whatever it may be.

I'm no doctor and that is not a cure, nor is anything I say. its a step towards a new life. I think to take smaller steps on our own is better than to consult the doctors. they are the ones who made you like this in the first place!

I'm probably wrong though, dont wanna make you any more upset. Glad to see you enjoy sativas as well, they give me anxiety sometimes so I gotta have some indica around haha

Wish you & your wife the best in health and in court. take every penny those bastards have.

Not going for money in court going for a judgement forcing doctors to give me proper care others get.

Im just frustrated because people talk alot about opiates, much is info from friends or the news, or some guy who took it... man take it from me i depend on opiates they are not like the media describes, or the guy down the street. Perscription pain killers for pain vs street drugs are so different but keep getting treated the same because people say they are, and junkies use both, people are losing the distinction.

The answer to the problem is to treat the addicts and pain patients seperatly. Go make your assumptions all day about street drugs but leave pain sufferers and their meds out of it. Pain sufferers who become addicts need the most drastic treatment of all.

Far as other substances go theres no need. You go to a doctor and they put you on a weening program and over a period of 1 to 12 months will tirade the opiate useage. Nothing else required but slowly stepping down doses slow enough your body dosent notice until its gone. You can use the opiate you are on, or methadome works to great effect because of its incredible action time. Also of note i would never reccommmend a pain sufferer use other drugs at this time, because a failed drug test could see them cut off, thrown into pain and a withdrawl on top.

For those with a legit problem, see a doctor. They will safely take you off of it. End of problem. For those who need it, let the stigma roll on, take your stuff as directed and never abuse it. For those pushing stigma, take a percocet and tell me if the devil now hold you. Take 3 and other than puking nothin is gonna happen... theres nothing evil about opium, and until you go get some serious knowledge behind you, stop talking like you know shit. Theres no LD50 for any opiates, its based off tollerance. Sure it can be deadly for non tollerant people but we arent talking aboit them we are talking about people who need to take it, and have for years their margin of saftey is much wider than you can imagine. Its fine, if you are taking it as directed, you will never need to find out how wide it is.

Opiates are perfectly safe is used properly.

redlaser

Veteran
Do any of you listen to the weed bullshit? Why listen about opiates.

I get they can kill but so can drinking too much water. Everything around us can kill if we have too much. So why dont we all just stop drinking water it can kill you ya know... .

I want to post this quote again , others may try to wade through this accumulating pile of ramblings and may want a summation.

Gry

Veteran
Has any one heard from or of the OP ?
Last Activity: 01-24-2017 03:29 PM

mowood3479

Veteran
Opiates are perfectly safe is used properly.

I would disagree with ur assessment.
Perhaps prescription opiates taken as prescribed are not generally going to kill you.. But heroin is an opiate, as is fentanyl and many other analogues made in clandestine labs in China, etc, etc,

As a former heroin user I've overdosed 3x on very small amounts (due to purity issues)...

Additionally, a primary care physician isn't going to prescribe ANY opiates for a taper to a person who shows up at their office claiming they have an opiate dependence. They might (mayb) refer them to a 12 step treatment program but that's about all they will do.

U seem out of touch with the way things work, or mayb you live in another country idk.
Either way, this was a thread about how to best detox from an opiate habit.
If you want to start a thread about how opiates are as safe as water than go ahead
(But Ive gotta tell you there are some serious gaps in your logic.)

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
I actually went to rehab about 6 years ago for smoking the old Oxys/ OC 40s,80s, and the newer Roxycodone 30mgs. The M-30s,A-215s,and the Vs or Checks.. The 30s are the highest doses of Oxycodone Instant Release and they literally have almost no filler at all.

2 1/2 years ago I got injured badly at work.. I didnt want any Opiate pain meds, but the pain was seriously unbearable. Even IV Fentanyl and Dilaudid wasnt working at all at the hospital.. At first they tried giving me 100mcg Fentanyl Patches with 5mg Dilaudids at 3-5pills every 3-4 hours.. That didnt do much at all...

CURRENTLY I take 50mcg Fentanyl Patches and 3-30mg Oxycodone IR every 3-4hours for Pain. 1-500mg Soma every 3-4hours for Muscle Spasms.. Thats just for A work Injury that occured 2 1/2 years ago. Even with those pain and muscle meds I still get major pain and spasms..

On Top of that Im prescribed 1-2 2mg Xanax Bars every 4 hours for my anxiety, and 1-10mg Ambien for Insomnia.. Been taking these 2 meds and the Soma for multiple years already.. Im not happy or proud of it at all. To be totally honest im in my mid-late 20s.. My life has gone down hill so quickly, 99% of it is totally my fault... Ever since I was an addict, I had/yhave A very weak mind and justify my usage/addiction any opportunity I get..

Once I ge tthis case/work injury settled with the insurance company. Im going to go back to the doctors i've already seen to go and get my card. Im legally A careGiver but not A Patient.. So right now im on A mission to find some strains that will help me get off all these meds.. My conditions are real and pretty damn severe, so the Strains will HAVE to pack A punch in its medical department.. I dont even need to get stoned/high anymore lol..

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I have been on morphine since 2006 and have no intention of quitting. I grew my own for two years just to see if I could. Poppies need a lot more light than marijuana and at $.27 per KWH and 6 KWH needed per mg of yield I was glad I kept my script.

One member of the pain clinic tested out positive for MJ and at 325 mg/day he commited suicide rather than face it. Another in the same position gave up MJ and passed the test a month later.

I find marijuana extract cuts my dosage requirement in half so I have been independently acquiring my dosage for the past few years. Opiates have gone from the medical profession to being controlled by politics.
Not a good change, politicians are as knowledgeable as many of those who post misinformation in this thread. I have seeds in case it comes down to growing my own again.

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah thats very true, Opiates arent being controlled by medical proffesionals anymore.. Plus I think its crazy that the pharmacies/pharma companies have complete control over the cost of the meds.. Nothing is regulated by the government besides dosages of certain narcotics.

Drbug2847

Hope you're doing well. We lost a friend to fentanyl just after Thanksgiving. .. miss him every day. Good wishes for finding your personal strength and choosing life ahead.

PBA

Been there done that and then spent two years on fentayl patches. Got so bad I was eating 2 and wearing one 100 micrograms

Get yourself suboxone now ..... Miracle drug for addicts
Dr had me on fentanyl patches for 3 years following oxy and diluadid. I got tired of being the living dead and went cold turkey with the help of 1 oz of 70% oil. Dabbed and puked 1 st week and dabbed and hurt (and puked) the 2nd week. Was able to occasionally leave house 3rd and no huge symptoms after that. It is not something which I will ever choose to do again and I haven't taken a pill stronger than Aleve in 4 yrs now. I hurt like a bitch sometimes and it keeps me from doing some things I would like to do but I'm human again and my animals and family sure appreciate the change. My injuries keep me from a lot but being conscious makes up for the pain. I had a lot of help and support and I'm retired so I had time to do the "oil cure" but if you really want to kill the monkey it can be done in my case for a 600$ oz of oil, a lot of laundry, and the last shrewd of patience in my family! You can do it if you hate what the drug does to you more than whatever pain causes you to take it. You can also decarb the oil and cook or make alcahol/gliceryn tincture if u can't smoke. The dab worked best for me.
PBA

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
In assuring myself of enough product to cover my needs I end up with extra. I share.
I put an eighth ounce (3.5 grams) of 60% THC oil with one ounce (28 grams) glycerin into a small spray bottle, two spritz under the tongue is good for five hours.
Two of my oil users take it for restless leg syndrome, the rest (four) take it for 'other' (PTSD/pain). It has become popular enough I have converted a larger portion of the harvest to oil production.

I live in a military community and all excess goes to veterans at no charge.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Ok. We gave it attention.

Lets go back to the subject:

For all of you 40+s who can't remember anything about the 60s

And we are talking about cannabis and canna-related subjects...:dance013:

Thread closed, will be deleted later.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts