What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oxy addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is veeeeeery important to eat (healthy if possible) and stay hydrated. Going through withdrawal your body is confused and something as simple as being hungry can make you feel like you are withdrawing worse . Plus eating produces natural endorphins. Walking and excersizing does the same so if you are up to it I suggest in doing so.
Good for any of us....fresh air, hydration, eating chosen foods that benefit us.

MTNMEN

Kinda pisses me off that there's so many "physicians" pushing methadone,suboxone,etc etc etc instead of just getting people healthy like airbud said above. I mean just getting yourself STABLE and healthy via sweat,good food and mental distractions from the demons in our heads.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kinda pisses me off that there's so many "physicians" pushing methadone,suboxone,etc etc etc instead of just getting people healthy like airbud said above. I mean just getting yourself STABLE and healthy via sweat,good food and mental distractions from the demons in our heads.
It's easier....and many (patients) don't want to change lifestyle...exercising, healthy eating.

mowood3479

Veteran
It's all in your head.

Take some shrooms, smoke bud, be around good people and eat really good fresh food. Get a dog/pet to keep your mind off of it. Do anything outdoors and get out there.

Whatever happens, don't waste time thinking about what's happened, think about what you can do right now to make the situation better.

You will get over that shit, cannabis is so much better of a high anyways once you dial in your system ;)

A 300 mg a day oxy habit is not just in ur head... (I mean I guess it is in the sense that most of the physical dependence comes from changes in ur brain chemistry)
But it's not as though opiate addiction is something u can skip (once ur addicted) by having the right mental attitude.
My daughters fear of her room in the dark is in her head.
I personally wouldn't compare fear of dark bedrooms with opiate dependence.

To the op:
There are a #of decent options that have already been stated: suboxone taper, Kratom taper, ibogaine trip, rapid detox (if u have $10k),
Whatever route u go, just now ur not going to feel "right" for quite awhile (some people get feeling ok after a month and some people take a year before they feel healthy again.
Anyway, good luck..where there is a will there is a way.

D3pthCharg3

It's all in your head.

Take some shrooms, smoke bud, be around good people and eat really good fresh food. Get a dog/pet to keep your mind off of it. Do anything outdoors and get out there.

Whatever happens, don't waste time thinking about what's happened, think about what you can do right now to make the situation better.

You will get over that shit, cannabis is so much better of a high anyways once you dial in your system ;)

YES YES YES!!

POSITIVITY...engulf yourself in it. At all costs avoid the negativity, believe me, I know it's hard. This was the secret to whooping two gnarly addictions in my life.

oh yeah, and like waxi said...
THE HEALING OF THE NATION - OUR BLESSED HERB! Let it guide you, We all KNOW that herb is sacred, thats why we do what we do (at least I do). I BELIEVE in it with my whole being. Like Buddha says, 'what we think, we become". Cannabis was not for me a better buzz, and still isn't. It is, however, an ENLIGHTENMENT, a path to TRUTH, and a HEALING plant; not a fucking Babylon poison. That is the massive difference. It is a gift from the universe, not a trickster.

Kratom did help me personally, (my research has shown it effects everyone a bit different, it's a much more complex effect than opiates, it's an opiod yes, (but has many other qualities, I liked it for it's empathogenic qualities) and it is addictive to the addictive personality, (which, I assume, we both have). But whats worse, daily dope or daily kratom? It could work for you too.

Be a LION brother, a fucking LION

I dont know you but I believe in you, why? cause I'm no better than anyone else and I'm happy once again. Happier than a lark.

FUCK babylon and its downpressing poisons.

LOVE to you and all fighting this war..

MTNMEN

^^^^ thats so damn true depth! I was curious why all the non profits in my area who catered to mental health patients/I.E payeeship, etc etc that goes along with that, all shifted to opiate clinics in the last 5 years and have pretty much left the menatlly ill to fend for themselves! I am serious as a heart attack too! A buddy of mine was addicted to fetanyl patched the V/a was giving him, then he got shut down, started taking lopramides(generic immodium) which i researched is an opiate kinda like dilaudid that does not pass through the blood brain barrier so in mikes head he was "sober" because he was no longer "feeling" high, and he didnt have the withdrawls. Just another example of how this disease can make us think differently than normal.

Dog Star

Veteran
Pill cutter can help if you have a wish to go off medication.. great device to control
cravings easier..

Smokerman

Veteran
Appreciate all the advice, going to do this by myself cold turkey. Its destroying my life. Again much thanks.

mayorofthdesert

Best of luck to you, I've came off heroin a bunch of times using a bunch of different methods. I'd recommend a quick taper at the very least. If nothing else making your last dose or two as small as you can. That won't shorten withdrawls but does make a difference for the worst days at the beginning of your kick. Whatever you do, I hope you make it through, withdrawls suck serious.

D3pthCharg3

Sometimes that can be a good thing, especially if the girlfriend is a fiend, the money buys dope and the location provides it. This could be just the turn of events you need.

Smokerman

Veteran
Sometimes that can be a good thing, especially if the girlfriend is a fiend, the money buys dope and the location provides it. This could be just the turn of events you need.
Sadly its the exact opposite, she is a genuine good person, I am the asshole in this one and innocent people suffer.

Smokerman

Veteran
I think its time to say good bye to this fucked up world, I'm not going to ruin any more lives.

D3pthCharg3

Then start making some lives better, and the perfect place to start is with yourself. Believe it, you deserve it, and so does the rest of the world.

Smokerman

Veteran
I appreciate the positive outlook my friend, but I'm pushing 59 and saying goodbye rather than starting over is my choice. I have been a fuckup my entire life and no this isn't a pity party this is my choice. I've thought long and hard about this. I have no family and no friends, my choices affect no one. I've fucked up the only person I care about.

Starmstr

Now why would you decide a dumb thing like that? I'm floored after reading everything it's a piety you should feel the way you do. No one has denied life is a struggle but heck man-up and learn to Love again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts