What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OVERGROW THE JUNGLE!!!! 2016

gorilla ganja

Most strains I've tried will survive a minor frost. Even sativa dominate ones. I have even harvested frozen plants more times than I care to remember.

Harvesting some plants this year

picture.php

But if they do die, you have to harvest quick. Dead plant material will mold a lot quicker than live material. I would bet they will survive a minor frost. The real question is, will the temperature be nice enough for some decent growth the following weeks.

Peace GG

Too late to worry.

harvestable material which should make fine hashish
Already have about 150 liters of that sitting in the freezer.....

Nothing pisses me off more then ripping apart my nicest tops to separate the good from the garbage.
Brother. The level of frustration is out of this world. Fuck mold. Fuck caterpillars.

I tried taking photos with my phone through a 10x magnifying glass, here are some of the better shots

No sign of amber... That's why I want to / got to leave them a bit longer.

And that's what I mean by my camera acting up, can't get it to focus at all, but the flowers are really, really beautiful.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69783&pictureid=1661622

And here are the racks that I am making
picture.php

Framed rendering net hanging on wires. This one is 1 x 1 meter, 5 shelves, 30cm apart. Gonna make another couple of 1.5m x 1m racks of 7 shelves. 30cm seems to be a good distance between the shelves, but I am not sure how much flowers these 3 racks will be able to hold, so I am considering adding another layer and have them 25cm apart.

Anyone that dries in a similar way, how much space does a kilo or so take?

Last edited:
Most strains I've tried will survive a minor frost. Even saliva dominate ones. I have even harvested frozen plants more times than I care to remember.

Harvesting some plants this year

View Image

But if they do die, you have to harvest quick. Dead plant material will mold a lot quicker than live material. I would bet they will survive a minor frost.

Nice :D

Thanks for the heads up.

The real question is, will the temperature be nice enough for some decent growth the following weeks.

The following 3 weeks should be sunny with daily temperatures around 13-15 degrees and nightly 3 to 7. I am starting harvesting anyway, gotta try out the rack :). There are a few other plants than the Blue Dreams that I will start with. And a bunch of moldy corpses to QWISO....

plantingplants

I think it's three pounds (dry) per mesh hanging rack.

How much did it cost you to make those net racks? What's rendering net?

Your flowers looks nice. If you can't get it to focus I would back the camera up far enough to get it in focus and then just zoom in and crop it on the computrt. If you're camera is good enough there will still be enough detail.

Fiberglass reinforcement mesh (is the correct way to put it, looked it up), it's what they use when rendering external walls and such. It's next to free. This costs $3 or so. I am a bit east of you though :) but something like that won't cost more than $10 to make in the States.

I think it's three pounds (dry) per mesh hanging rack.

What size or brand of racks is that, so I can roughly extrapolate how many square meters I'd need?

Cool cool. Thanks! So 7 x 1sq.m. trays hold about 2 kilos dry.

6am, 0 degrees, frost on the ground, so we have a test run for Tuesday :D

Wet trim guys, any tips on achieving proper results?

Forgot to mention that I got a manual trimpro to ease things. Got dehumidifier, fan and a heater. The RH outside is pretty high, right now it's 92%, but it's gonna range from 60 to 80% the next week, while the temperature is 5 to 15 degrees Celsius (40 to 60 F).

I can't control the conditions fully, but what should I be shooting for? I need to get that taste & smell right...

Yall are too funny. my boys who grow all say the smell thing yet my wet trimmed buds are always the best smelling out of the whole crew. i realy find it hard to believe doing it either way makes a huge difference as long as youre doing it the correct way.

I will say this, we can all agree that the longer you take to dry them the better.

That said, when I went from hanging to dry then trimming to wet trimming in a trimming machine, I had to relearn how to dry my buds. They can dry SO much faster when they are trimmed wet. The first couple of runs when I used the trimmer, I was not happy AT ALL with the results. Smell and taste were lacking to the point I was kind of embarrassed when I showed my finish product off.

Then I got good at controlling the drying environment.. thus able to slow down the dry from a wet trim. This made a monumental difference.
[...]

Now, I wet trim them in a trimmer, and dump the buds in a rack. I keep the room around 65-70F and shoot for 65% RH and it takes around 10 days. Then I bin them up around a stable 65% and cure them as long as I can, usually two-four weeks at least.

I will probably never go back to dry trimming because I feel I get top shelf results, and it takes FAR less time trimming wet.

therevverend

Veteran
I used to wet trim everything until I started having bigger harvests. Realized I was busting my ass and doing a sloppy job trying to get it finished. So I compromised, now I remove all the fan leaves wet down to the frosty mini. Hang and slow dry at cool dry temperatures. When it's fully dry I do the micro stuff over a screen. Gets the best of everything plus some sift to go with my scissor hash.
Wet trimmed dries a lot faster, although I'd still start out drying quicker to beat the mold. After two days turn the temperature down, cool and dry. I've had too many flowers continue molding in the drying room.
The benefit of dry trimming, the extra plant material slows down the curing process. I find wet trimmed takes five days to dry, full takes two weeks. I left some hanging 6 months last year in the garage, cured up perfectly. Not as potent as it started but smooth. It was still 'springy' not crumbly and harsh.

Quick one

Quick one

Thanks!!

Wet trimmed dries a lot faster, although I'd still start out drying quicker to beat the mold. After two days turn the temperature down, cool and dry.

Can you give me some reference temperatures and RH for what you're suggesting? That's kind of what I had in mind as well, seems that I am on the right track, but I haven't wet trimmed before. Getting the taste right is really a concern.

therevverend

Veteran
I estimate my RH, haven't measured it. Maybe someone else has more precise numbers. I'd go under 50, maybe in the 25-40 range sounds right? Closer to 25 for the first two days then you can turn the heat down a bit which will bring the RH up.
I like having my heat source far from the plants so it gradually warms up and cools down. Usually I'll place the heater in the room next to my dry room and open a door.
I never go over 70 degrees F, I think it's the cutoff for losing some major terpenes. I'd go around 63-66 for the first two days then 52-62 for the rest. Of course it's warmer during the day, cooler at night which I like.
Back in the day the adrenaline from pulling in a successful guerrilla harvest kept me trimming all night. Now I like to kick back with a cup of coffee, rest when I get tired. Now that I'm getting older the medical laws are making things easier.

Awesome. Sound good!

Turned out I don't have too much influence with my cheap setup :) Still, dropped the RH from 92% to steady 65. The temp now is 14 C / 57 F and should not go lower than this, perhaps a tad higher. Should be fine as long as the RH doesn't go up, right. Happy that lower temperatures don't mess with the terps too much.

Back in the day the adrenaline from pulling in a successful guerrilla harvest kept me trimming all night. Now I like to kick back with a cup of coffee, rest when I get tired.

:D Did a few all day and nighters already.... Boy do I hate trimming. It's such a mundane (+ starts being literally painful at some point......) activity. What really made it bad this time was the mold.............

NOW. HAHAAAAH. I got me a manual trimpro yesterday. People can talk all the shit they want about machine trimming. At least 50 times faster. LOVE IT. Enough said.

Building more racks tonight. Chopping all day tomorrow. Frost has burnt all the fan and the bigger leaves, doesn't look too pretty, that's all. Got a few pics but my camera's battery is flat... The next few nights will be as cold.

Not sure if I should start with the better plants or the less exciting ones. There's no way I finish in a couple of days and the cold weather should be done after that. But never know how much more damage that frost's gonna cause...

I will aim to harvest half by Thursday and the rest by next Thursday.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yeh , rekon he,s learnt a tonne this season . be back with a vengeance

Wolfshadoe

PJ..Thats A fine harvest by any growers standers ..I love seeing the New GG up and coming .Its late and I cant wait to read this whole thread when my old butt can stay up later..Im very impressed.Nicely done man,Peace<ws>

Wolfshadoe

Sorry PJ..Cant figure out how to edit..lol I'm a bit rusty.Wasnt thinking in any way you were new GG,but the younger versions of GGs. Just wanted to say that.Thats dedication right there brudda.<ws>

Latest posts

Latest posts