What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OVERGROW THE JUNGLE!!!! 2016

Ilikesade

Went through caterpillar/mold problems this year as well. I feel your pain. Little caterpillar gettin all high and then gets the munchies and then shits where it eats!? That's a good way to get kicked out of a party

Thanks for the encouragement :biggrin:

Has anyone here had good results with fresh frozen plants? What's the best way to process them?

I really want to keep it to the woods, that's why I went along with alcohol...

Got woken up by extremely violent winds. Hoping that things at the spot are doing fine... I will try to get a few more hours of sleep before I go. The weather the next few days should be partially sunny and windy, so I might be successful at drying outside :)

gorilla ganja

I don't have any experience with fresh frozen plants. But I am watching with interest. I have thought about using the freezer many times but always ended up drying.

As far as drying outside, strip off fan leaves and mold and break down into small branches. then hang out on rows of string in the sun if possible. Don't be to picky out in the field, you can clean it up later if needed, but getting rid of the big leaves and stems will help it dry faster.
If they get some decent sun and wind they can dry out in a few days.

Even if it gets half dried you can deal with it easier and continue to clean out stems and any moldy buds. You might be surprised at what you can get off those plants as far as decent bud still.

Peace GG

Proud of my guerilla shack skills

Proud of my guerilla shack skills

:biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

GDP's hanging, Blue Dreams in the ground.

Will follow GG's advice and break plants down to smaller chunks and I will move what's chopped elsewhere before the weekend.
Yet to check the BD's under the microscope, but I gotta chop them early next week, same procedure.

I know what you did last summer

:D I know right, I just set all my albums to private, thinking that photos will disappear from the posts, but they are still there. I wanted to keep them off until I am confident that things have settled down, I might have to delete them..

That's pretty rowdy

That's a stolen billboard vynil ad :) cause long story short, I was left with no other options... Took me 2h of night time craziness until I managed to take it down off a billboard by the road, hanging on the billboard and hiding from the traffic :) Being broke ain't no joke...

gorilla ganja

That's a stolen billboard vynil ad :) cause long story short, I was left with no other options... Took me 2h of night time craziness until I managed to take it down off a billboard by the road, hanging on the billboard and hiding from the traffic :) Being broke ain't no joke...

I know being broke ain't no joke, but do you really need any more heat or stress at this time?
One more tip from one guerrilla to another, grab green sheets instead of white. maybe a dollar or second hand store. They can be found cheap. And maybe build any more shacks under some forest cover. It looks like you have some awesome forest to hide in.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if your in a dollar store they have mesh laundry sacks that are great. Once you've half dried the buds you can stuff them in these breathable sacks and hang them under a large tree or tarp to continue too dry, if rain is coming.

Best of luck with the harvest. I can only watch now, I have 6 inches of snow on the ground already up here.

Peace GG

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
:laughing:

I wrote a huge post, but I lost it, cause I started typing earlier, kept the page open for a few hours, finished just now and I got this message...

I gotta check on my GDP that's been in an airtight barrel since last night, so long story short:

Tarps are not available where I am at, plus I only have 100 bucks left... I have bought 5 vinyl billboard ads earlier, but ended up not using them cause the vendors have put all of their contact info on the back side. I am unable to come up with another solution or a place to dry, so I am going back to them, I will smudge the ads and vendors info with acetone... whatever the end result is, fuck it, at least I need rain protection. I was gonna build a proper shack, but didn't due to a variety of reasons, one of them being that I would have left a nice fat track to the spot. Good that I didn't!! (the footprints by the spot). I will look up the laundry sacks, great idea!

I decided to let the Blue Dreams go another week, they are beautiful and the smell is of another world. Pics soon.

I realize I haven't checked in in a while and I want to write a proper post... but damn, I am busy as hell. Trimmed a few kilos of GDP and have been binning lots of bud since, went through every single bud a few times... Washed an entire garbage bag of moldy bud with alcohol...

The GDP that is saved as of now... turned out to be a not too good smoke. Lost color because of the high humidity I assume and also the taste is weird so far, like some schwag shit. Haven't had that before, I don't understand why, it's been ages since I cut it, chloro should have been out of the picture by now. It's still relatively moist though, as the RH is 80-90%, I have a fan blowing straight at it to keep away the mold.

My camera is acting up, the Blue Dream is stunning. I am letting it go until the end of the month at least. Almost no mold there :huggg: compared to the kushes. The few kushes that I didn't chop and freeze are to be washed with alcohol... they are devastated.

Being pressed by the prospect of losing year worth of work, I found a place to dry :) Dehumidifier, fans and heating!!!!!! It's a rather small room and I am not sure yet if I should hang branches or make some sort of shelves... I have around 40 plants still in the ground.

Movie's downloaded, time to trim, good morning Vietnam.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I realize I haven't checked in in a while and I want to write a proper post... but damn, I am busy as hell. Trimmed a few kilos of GDP and have been binning lots of bud since, went through every single bud a few times... Washed an entire garbage bag of moldy bud with alcohol...

The GDP that is saved as of now... turned out to be a not too good smoke. Lost color because of the high humidity I assume and also the taste is weird so far, like some schwag shit. Haven't had that before, I don't understand why, it's been ages since I cut it, chloro should have been out of the picture by now. It's still relatively moist though, as the RH is 80-90%, I have a fan blowing straight at it to keep away the mold.

My camera is acting up, the Blue Dream is stunning. I am letting it go until the end of the month at least. Almost no mold there :huggg: compared to the kushes. The few kushes that I didn't chop and freeze are to be washed with alcohol... they are devastated.

Being pressed by the prospect of losing year worth of work, I found a place to dry :) Dehumidifier, fans and heating!!!!!! It's a rather small room and I am not sure yet if I should hang branches or make some sort of shelves... I have around 40 plants still in the ground.

Movie's downloaded, time to trim, good morning Vietnam.

That sounds like a lot of work all by your lonesome. Stay at it :good:

I give my best :peacock:

Should I be worrying about sub zero Celsius temperatures? Next Tuesday it might get to -1 during the night for a few hours.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd be pulling everything you can out. At -1 there will be microclimates, some above freezing and others below. You might get lucky. The thawing and freezing and thawing again causes havoc. Plant material starts breaking down fast. More good cannabis is destroyed during and after harvest. Going through all that work and losing part of a crop is a bitch.

GG, I'd love to hear your opinion as well, cause this situation really complicates things, I am not ready to pull everything. Yesterday I did one rack to test my idea out, so that's where I am at with it, I might be able to finish by Tuesday... somehow :)

I found different people having plants do OK below 0
I've had plants tolerate a few nights of -7C/19.4F and only suffered minor leaf damage.

At the extreme end of things I've seen certain plants survive a 25 degree night and keep maturing after they shook off frost.

A good hardy strain can brush off a frost and never skip a beat. Ive had plants survive 3 consecutive nights below freezing and i once survived 1/2" of snow!!!

one nite i forgot to bring em in and came home at 1 am, they were 2 weeks old and covered with icy frost, stiff as a brick, took em in and they were fine the next days.

Blue Dream is sativa dom, right? It would make sense that is not as well suited for such temps?
On the other hand, sub zero temps would not last more than a few hours at worst.
Another local weather forecast quotes +2 as the minimum for that night.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Strains are so hybridized now, even if they're sativa dominate no way to know how they'll react. I find with mold, frost, hybrids do better then sativas or Indicas.
If you're short on space on time worrying about it won't help, fix it next year. At least we'll all learn a thing or two. As far as the quotes above I'd take them with a grain of salt. I can imagine the plants being insulated by snow would be the best option, if they don't mold when it melts. But I'm a perfectionist, I want my plants to be perfect.
With the frost I'd expect lower potency, less terpenes, but you'll still have harvestable material which should make fine hashish. Guerrilla farming, if you pull through with a % of kill buds and don't get ripped, harvest is a happy time.
I'm outdoor, not guerrilla, in a medical state. I got hit by a couple rainstorms, most of it came out fine. But when I'm trimming the big top colas, I'm finding them marbled with mold. Nothing pisses me off more then ripping apart my nicest tops to separate the good from the garbage.
The tray idea ia good, getting creative and saving money is essential. One year when I went guerrilla I had to hang my entire harvest in my room. Bought some cheap twine and strung it everywhere. When I woke up there was a cola 6 inches from my nose. I'd have to roll off the bed, crawl around on the floor to get my clothes and get to an area I could stand up. It was great!

Latest posts

Latest posts