What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrow Family Check In Here

Joe Hawkins

I honestly cant even remember my name on OG, all i remember is an argument on piss as nutes from OG carrying on to this site, and the overthrow of overgrow being nothing merely more than a change of forum format, same colour, different day.

Gypsy is cool as fuk, sends beans to all 4 corners, they get there, they are legit

Love this place mang!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
does anyone remember the guy at cw that was going high density sog with a super deep potting system? that was such an interesting concept....

C

Chamba

Overgrow was the Woodstock of internet cannabis sites and ~shabang~ was the MC...there was nothing like it before and nothing that comes close it afterwards. ..it was revolutionary, innovative, exciting, fun and educational..it was the edge...it had a special energy.

anyone who judges OG as only just a another site based on the last year or so of it's existance is a bit like someone arriving at the best party ever thrown when it was winding down, half the party had left, lots of kids, egos and wankers had crashed in, the lights were on, the music was turned off and then complain that the party wasn't that good.

~smokeabowlwhileyouwait~

Last edited:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ya i remember it best in its prime. when the shark tank exsisted but wasnt overflowing. before the influx of trolls and kids that read 'www.overgrow.com" on a bathroom wall and showed up to see what all the hype was.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
really the only thing i didn't like the last year of OG was how slow the forums got.You could litterally click a thread and go make a pot of coffee and come back just when the page loaded

NOKUY

Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
I thought you said you put me on ignore?

I know Im so very irresistible, but kindly dismount from my nuts now homie.

i say alot of things i dont do.

...and im only kind to a few.

..and your krusty nuts arent on my agenda..aiight...so quit dreaming.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
it was the volume of info, and the time people spent organizing it and getting it out there fore the benefit of others. shit, i just did my first soilless mix, didn't know a good starting blend ... went to where someone had stashed the GrowFAQ, there was a solid suggestion that i used successfully.

i didn't mind the "kids", shit some of them were hilarious. performance could be a problem; with that many members, growing every day, and the resulting volume of posts, the server load must have been going up like crazy. it was a big ball rolling down hill picking up folks and momentum ... no wonder the cops zeroed in on it.

some of the articles from the long-timers and ex usenet guys were almost like academic journal papers complete with citations, well written. A whole detailed FAQ regarding electrical issues. Wanna know about DWC, or curing, or hash production? whole descriptions from soup to nuts.

don't mean to bore with "good ol' days" stories, always look to the future ... the loss of info was terrible; but the work people do here and elsewhere to relentlessly rebuild is inspiring.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
organic1 said:
Those were the days....bigislandbud here, might be a few people who remember me. Joined OG in January of 2001 and after that, life was never the same. Had the DISTINCT pleasure of meeting some of my dearest friends in person and abroad, and it has been a fantastic experience. Things are still cookin here, just not able to hang here as much due to some life changes. But still up to my old ways....LOL

Keep The Faith

Hell i remember you...you had some really really sweet threads back on OG...you got massive karma from them aswell if i remember correctly..

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
k+ LOL saved from the clutches of the police state by the Russians :nanana:

i remember the hash forum used to really cook, here its like the sound of crickets. less hash makers / smokers nowadays? i liked threads like "post pics of your ghetto bong" and see stuff people made, they were a laugh.

Last edited:

Z10N

lol yup.
In soviet russia - weed smokes YOU! :muahaha:
I remember the hash forum too, and the ghetto bong thread..
there was also this dude who had a whole kit of The Simpsons dolls... He used to make whole episodes with his camera, and post a weekly episode lol.

good times :kos:............

Last edited:

ograskal

Veteran
billy_big_bud! said:
so does anyone know if rc received a sentance for the whole og/cw debachal ?

Yeah an Update on whats up with RC and Overgrow would be great..Does anybody know???...~ogr

ograskal

Veteran
Remember Strawdog and Tazz???..Wonder what happend to them...And wheres SoQuick at???..I thought he was comin back to IC???..~ogr

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
OGraskal - I remember you.
Crazy Composer - I remember you too.
It's a shame about what happened. I had alot of photos on that server.
Well, I've always been ARTofMAKINGfire. Maliboo started me out in the C13 club and everything took off from there. I'll never forget Stardust13. It was some dank herb. Does it even exist anymore? Is there ANYONE with seeds still? My good friend has a clone in Florida. That's the only remaining specimen I know of...
I told a friend about this strain and he claims he now gets it from his dealer. And his dealer "calls it that". But this strain isn't even well known on these forums, LET ALONE where I live. Ignorance!
Good luck to all the OG refugees...

kay gee bee

KGB here, back in this forum after two years plus. I was on OG from 1999 until the end...also on the Canna Cabana. Hey all!

- kgb

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
rock i guess its jus some folks reminiscin and hookin up again, and i think thats ok :) a lot of these people had great knowledge that they shared.

i know some people get a little frustrated by the repeats, but its a starting place to kick shit around.