What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrow Australia 2013

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
20 bucks an hour for weeding DON, LOL A REAL ozy patch, whats the ave hight there don?
they have changed a bit since that pic ,
average height must be just over half a meter,
plenty over a metre now ,
flowering has really kicked on ..

That looks like a patch a guy called Penguin used to post.
Why are they flowering now? There must be 120 in there!
hi gon,
i remember penguin ,
must be just how we all grow here i guess ,
just a few more than 120 ,, i think 140 odd ,
they flower due to short days,
we have maximum 13 hr days ,
currently just over 12 hrs ...

most will finish , some will not set flower properly ,,
only the odd one of them though ,
the more sativa dom ones will regrow for a second harvest ...

What do you mean when you mention a bi yearly harvest dom? Can u give me a run down of your seasons (planting/harvest ect) as we very well may ne neighbours and im just getting into the swing of out doors and our relatively short days year round have got me puzzled

Here we have week 3 veg under a 400w mh using cycos complete line up plus calimag and occasional peroxide treat.

Kandy kush is back left, tora bora front left and early skunk and early pearl on the right! Spewin this tent had to be shut down in terms of climate was spot on.

Surprisingly they did not show any signs of stress on transplant and are all ladies talk about luck :p

Hey mate grow looks nice man :)

I also usin cyco, 2 runs in now, 1 with addatives, well some of em since theres like 8 or more, and 1 without, just a and b plus cana pk 13-14 in flowering.

couldnt see a difference lol, saved me about 500 bux a run ditching swell and all that other crap.

Yea i got the pro kit (the whole ten or so bottles minus pgrs lol) it does seem very much like a marketing stunt, especially since i had to suplement with calmag! The superphosphoric acid (grow xl) was pretty impressive for grow they near on double in size from week 3 to 4.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
What do you mean when you mention a bi yearly harvest dom? Can u give me a run down of your seasons (planting/harvest ect) as we very well may ne neighbours and im just getting into the swing of out doors and our relatively short days year round have got me puzzled
if you plant 60/40 , sativa/indica around the shortest day,
they will be ready 12-16 weeks later ,
mid october , , should still be nice and dry for the finish,

again at the beginning of december ,
so the plants are not so big when cyclones are around ,
and make sure you plant long flowering sativa dom types,
they should finish after the monsoon as abated ,
, april/may ... and you can get a dry finish then also if your lucky..

Thanks alot don, another noob question for you...would i be correct to say any plant vegd indoor under 24hrs that is put outdoor in our climate will trigger flowering pretty much year round?

ozzieAI

Veteran
i can answer that one for you dave...i veg under 18/6 indoors and yes most plants will go straight into flower. the only plants that can keep vegging are seed plants of long flowering sativas...my clones always flower straight away though...i live a bit further south than DM

btw welcome

ozzieAI

Veteran
how's this for a bud...

picture.php

picture.php

not bad if i don't say so myself....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea she came out great ozzie,
i was checking her out in your thread ,
good job there ...

and yes dave ,, but you d do much better from seed here ,'
i have veged indoor and taken outdoor ,
the plants got a shock in the tropical sun and needed filtered light for the first week,
so bit of down time there to consider if your in the far north ..

Damm i gota move from down south lol, if i plant out now they not going to start flowering till march i believe, but u guys seem to flower all the time :)

S

Sat X RB

that looks like it's gonna be a nice smoke, Dave. Kandy Kush, eh? have to smile at some of the names given to these strains ... but hey, good work!

S

Sat X RB

Damm i gota move from down south lol, if i plant out now they not going to start flowering till march i believe, but u guys seem to flower all the time :)

PPG, I know what you mean! In fact I am moving north as soon as I sell the place I 'm in now.

Mr Mallard ... this might be a good opportunity to explain how four crops are possible up your way. this has to do with "double-heading" ... yes?

like the last pics you put up of your jungle ... after the heads are harvested those plants will be allowed to grow on and produce another crop of flowers by april/may?

cheers!