What's new

Overglueing the Marshs'..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
sweet looking outdoor for Oct on the east coast. you done great! this was exceptional weather for my area and my tomatoes made it way later than usual.

I'm curious from how far away did you detect the smell of your grow when you go to it? do you have to transport those in a car after harvest and if so how bad does that smell?

amazing thread! Congrats!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
About 100' feet from the patch we could smell the herbals wafting through the Marsh.
I get a rental car when transporting the meds.
I use a roughneck 54gln bin with snap on top.
I think I reek more than the plants in the box do when Im done snippin'.
My hands are so damn sticky! Love the smell!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Well, all is harvested thats worth taking, dry, and in bins curing out.
What a great year, and what a shit year.
Im very fortunate to come out with a bumper harvey this season.
NO PARTNERS next year. Just me. Too much stress. Ide rather grow my 7 plants for me and not have to care for another 7 for him. Waaaay to much work, and no reward, other than karma.
Wasnt able to flush and yellow out any of the plants, due to my parners time crunch during the week, so it'll take a few weeks to smooth out the way I like it.
Was able to get my cake and eat it too this year.
Very happy with the GrandoggyApe OG. Nice smoke.

Good looking herb man! Congrats on a nice harvest. I totally hear you on the partner thing.... if you are able to do the work yourself on half as many plants and keep it to yourself you're way better off. Especially in a guerilla grow when more plants could get spotted.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
GrandoggyApe OG ~
picture.php

picture.php

Team Microbe

Veteran
Well, all is harvested thats worth taking, dry, and in bins curing out.
What a great year, and what a shit year.
Im very fortunate to come out with a bumper harvey this season.
NO PARTNERS next year. Just me. Too much stress. Ide rather grow my 7 plants for me and not have to care for another 7 for him. Waaaay to much work, and no reward, other than karma.
Wasnt able to flush and yellow out any of the plants, due to my parners time crunch during the week, so it'll take a few weeks to smooth out the way I like it.
Was able to get my cake and eat it too this year.
Very happy with the GrandoggyApe OG. Nice smoke.

Good shit man!

I've had troubles with girls having time to fade out as well this year, and in a few indoor runs as well. What do you mean by it'll take a few weeks to smooth out? A few weeks cure? This has been my biggest battle switching to organics... tell me how organic bud can possbily taste worse than synthetics. It blew me away, I had to toss my first organic indoor run bc it was straight nasty tasting with all the NPK in the flowers

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Yes. A few weeks cure to smooth out. Nothing is nasty tasting. Just alittle to soon to sample after hang drying everything. You shouldnt need to flush organic soil if it was truly organic. A few weeks in the jar and the herb should be good.
I always flush usually anyways since theres always organic matter to suck up and use in the soil far after they're done. I yellow em out with cold tapwater when I flush my indoor.
I didnt get to flush the big outdoor plants. A few weeks in the jars takes care of that.

JointOperation

Good shit man!

I've had troubles with girls having time to fade out as well this year, and in a few indoor runs as well. What do you mean by it'll take a few weeks to smooth out? A few weeks cure? This has been my biggest battle switching to organics... tell me how organic bud can possbily taste worse than synthetics. It blew me away, I had to toss my first organic indoor run bc it was straight nasty tasting with all the NPK in the flowers

straight water.. with an enzyme.... making sure they actually yellow out..

also. if u flush too early.. it can really fuck things up....

and.. leave them in the dark for atleast 10-12 hours before chopping them in the dark.. or with a green light on..

i leave em 24-48 in the dark.. and i let the room get cool sometimes COLD. and to be honest.. the quality is super nice..

some of my plants will take 7 days to flush. .others will take 3 weeks..

but i make sure to start flushign once most of the trichs are cloudy.. as to not destroy my yield.

2 Legal Co

Veteran

and.. leave them in the dark for atleast 10-12 hours before chopping them in the dark.. or with a green light on..

i leave em 24-48 in the dark.. and i let the room get cool sometimes COLD. and to be honest.. the quality is super nice..

but i make sure to start flushign once most of the trichs are cloudy.. as to not destroy my yield.
Please elaborate on this enzyme thing. What does it do for/to you? Herb taste, soil health?

Always listening for things that could improve life. And wondering what we'll be subscribing to in 4-5 years, as standard growing practice.

Team Microbe

Veteran

By flushing do you mean leeching?

Flushing is when you pour tons of water in your pots to flush out salts from chelated nutrients, leeching is when you feed with just water. It's to my understanding that flushing is only for chemical nutrient users, in attempts to flush out those nasty salts. I think you meant leeching, but same difference.

I'm so glad you brought up enzymes because I just started using seed sprout teas with barley seed. This was recommended to me by someone, so I just had to look up what enzymes do exactly and this is what I found:

Without enzymes, plants cannot effectively use the minerals available to them. Enzymes are usually categorized according to the specific minerals they are meant to interact with, 700 of which have been identified to date.

While that seems simple enough to understand, knowing more about what enzymes are and do is important to keeping plants as healthy as possible. Because it's necessary to balance mineral applications with enzyme mixtures so plants will be capable of absorbing all the nutrients possible. Enzymes are the main tools which all living things, including plants, depend upon in order to regulate metabolic activity. The chemical reaction between enzyme and mineral, not only produces a by-product of absorbable nutrition for the plant, but also regulates the plant's metabolic rate. Acting as a catalyst for the chemical reaction necessary to produce plant nutrition, enzymes are responsible for the speed of these reactions, and work to keep the nutrients flowing at a regular pace.

Seems like you hit the nail on the head here bud, great advice!

Overgrow - That's good to hear man, those girls look amazing it would be a shame if you had a similar result as I have in the past. I'm not sure but I used some chicken poop in some of those soil mixes I got from a friend... perhaps that had to do with the nasty taste, or maybe a combo of that and left over nutrients in the soil. It's always hard to wait to sample these buds after the chop, I remember back when I fed with bottles I could smoke that shit 7 days after hanging and it'd burn white and taste fine... it seems organic bud needs a little more care and time to cure out just right. Patients is a virtue that I have trouble obtaining sometimes... :dunno:

Scrappy-doo

Funny thing is, even though it is technically called leaching everyone still calls it flushing. Don't know a single grower who says yeah I always leach my plants before harvest, even myself and I know the difference. They should just call this flushing and then call dumping lots of water through a hard flush.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The purple pheno of GrandoggyApe OG is amazing. Incredibly strong smoke with the taste of Candy-Pine. Unbelievable! Im so glad I kept some cuts of her. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JointOperation

Funny thing is, even though it is technically called leaching everyone still calls it flushing. Don't know a single grower who says yeah I always leach my plants before harvest, even myself and I know the difference. They should just call this flushing and then call dumping lots of water through a hard flush.

we could call it growing correctly. lol

and ogw amazing work this year.. hope you got a bunch of nice scissors.. lol

Team Microbe

Veteran
Overgrow those buds look good enough to stick in my mouth for breakfast. Beautiful work my friend.

And the term "flushing" was adapted by synthetic growers and passed through out the community as stoner science, I think everyone should label it correctly depending on what they're doing come harvest for accuracy purposes when discussed on forums such as this one. Flushing and leeching are two completely different things still...

Hi OG DW
that is a good result for a well tended gorilla sight to put out between 5-10 Ls so hope fully it will be enough to make the medicine until next fall.
Glad the grand doggy- ape has turned out looking so nice. Woop

Latest posts

Latest posts