What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outside Grower inside for the winter but outside soon in New York

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
that can be a problem :( I stopped growing outside in 1995 lost too many crops to The Police and the ripper

but I was growing on New York State land (mine)

in 1997 I bought my place in a very small community mostly farmers, it is not bad we have ponds and pigs

if need be

thanks for stopping my friend

A little Blah Blah Blah no photos today is 3/29/2024

I am stoked I saw 2 or 3 Road Kill males lost 9 already, my 6 outside NYS approved plants will be

moving into seven gallon pots

I have to give my wife and her friend 6 to grow elsewhere they may get theirs in 5 gallon pots

as the do not buy soil-lees, plants seed or pay ConEd so they get what they get

most that I gift folks are in 1 gallon pots, I have a few folks I give big ones as they need to turn a crop

I have people that cannot grow mold on beard I let 2 or 3 come to my place and take the

what I do not take off the plants at the end of the season

I do make sure to leave them good stuff

This afternoon lights will come back on at 3 pm and off at 9am for an 18/6 day after that we will

work them down to outside or close

if not they do flower and reveg but they super crop themselves

I remember being a forum Treating Yourself that had Washington State growers on it when they went

legal with I believe three plant limit

I was posting with these great gray hair lady growers that would grow plants that they would stand by on

little giant ladder

Canna Goddesses I tell you

I asked them to teach how they did and they did explain it to me, they had a low plant

count law so they would grow monster

they told me they would take their plants and put them into flower until they showed buds and flip the lights

back to 18 hours and reveg

after the plant vegged again flip them back to flower a second time to bud and reveg again

put them outside and let them go

I have never done it as I am a very lazy grower but I have put out plant way early with no light

acclimation

they do flower and reveg

DSCN7134.JPG

Sweet Island Skunk (F) x Holy Goddess (M)

DSCN7469.jpg

the one above is the plant in the center 9/18/2023 it did well over all for the wet/cold fall last year

All the best my friends and be well

Dequilo

Last edited:

Timj

that can be a problem :( I stopped growing outside in 1995 lost too many crops to The Police and the ripper

but I was growing on New York State land (mine)

in 1997 I bought my place in a very small community mostly farmers, it is not bad we have ponds and pigs

if need be

thanks for stopping my friend

A little Blah Blah Blah no photos today is 3/29/2024

I am stoked I saw 2 or 3 Road Kill males lost 9 already, my 6 outside NYS approved plants will be

moving into seven gallon pots

I have to give my wife and her friend 6 to grow elsewhere they may get theirs in 5 gallon pots

as the do not buy soil-lees, plants seed or pay ConEd so they get what they get

most that I gift folks are in 1 gallon pots, I have a few folks I give big ones as they need to turn a crop

I have people that cannot grow mold on beard I let 2 or 3 come to my place and take the

what I do not take off the plants at the end of the season

I do make sure to leave them good stuff

This afternoon lights will come back on at 3 pm and off at 9am for an 18/6 day after that we will

work them down to outside or close

if not they do flower and reveg but they super crop themselves

I remember being a forum Treating Yourself that had Washington State growers on it when they went

legal with I believe three plant limit

I was posting with these great gray hair lady growers that would grow plants that they would stand by on

little giant ladder

Canna Goddesses I tell you

I asked them to teach how they did and they did explain it to me, they had a low plant

count law so they would grow monster

they told me they would take their plants and put them into flower until they showed buds and flip the lights

back to 18 hours and reveg

after the plant vegged again flip them back to flower a second time to bud and reveg again

put them outside and let them go

I have never done it as I am a very lazy grower but I have put out plant way early with no light

acclimation

they do flower and reveg

View attachment 18980322

Sweet Island Skunk (F) x Holy Goddess (M)

View attachment 18980323

the one above is the plant in the center 9/18/2023 it did well over all for the wet/cold fall last year

All the best my friends and be well

Dequilo
I think we chatted before. I was busted in 2019. The DA let me plead down to a disorderly conduct. He said they were not prosecuting low level marijuana crimes anymore as we were so close to passing the current laws.

I had one plant reveg on me by putting it outside too early. But, unlike yours it just got very busy with lots of smaller buds. I don't have a full sun site and only get about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight a day.

You grow much nicer plants than I do. When I planted in a full daylight location about 10 years ago I grew some monster plants.

Luckily, I have enough weed to last a while so I'm scaling way down this year. Maybe just 1 or 2 plants.

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
@Timj Yes my friend we chatted somewhere I do remember talking about that with you :)

the spot those plants are in gets good sun most of the season but in the fall the sun does not

hit them until around 8 -9 am a little too late here in New York good way to end up with bud rot :(

I did not want to paid the vig for a Medical Rec as I am cheap but in the end I did as I would have

died if they whacked down another crop

no jail is great but no weed sucks ass so they were tucked in a corner

I am moving them out to the center of my place which get sun dawn to dusk all season and build some

sort of greenhouse

I'm scaling way down this year. Maybe just 1 or 2 plants.

I had 6 last season and it felt like not even growing I normally have a high plant count ;) it was nice

not to be a slave to the plant

You grow much nicer plants

Thank you very kind of you but the plant does the work I just give help when it needs it

peace and stay safe

Dequilo

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talking about wet & had a real problem last year ! my plants we’re on a slope plenty of sun there’s a very high water table & almost didn’t even need to water them the entire year and consequently there were deficiencies because the holes were not amended enough

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
today is 3/29/2024 some photos

I have whacked down 15 males so far out of 39 regulars I have 7 that have shown nothing

yet

I did pot up my NYS approved 6 +1 just be safe if something happened they are now in 7 gallon pot

to build roots

I have one of each as of now

Sweet Tooth # 4, Lava Cake x Pressure, Devil's Punch, Durban Poison, Road Kill Skunk,

Double Grape OG and GMO x Dragon's Blood f5

I will add one more

DSCN7941.JPG

feminized plants

DSCN7942.JPG

Sweet Tooth # 4 females and Road Kill Skunk females

DSCN7943.JPG

7 Blue Mountain regulars waiting no sex yet I will keep one as number 8

DSCN7944.JPG

DSCN7945.JPG

mu 7 in 7 gallon pots to build big roots :)

DSCN7946.JPG

Durban Poison
DSCN7947.JPG

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

Last edited:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
Hello my Fellow Grower as you all know I can have 6 plants but my math skills suck so

I may end up with 1 or 200 too many :)

I will have 8 different strains to grow but here is the rub I want to keep mothers for the

future

I have a space to keep them but it will fit 9 - up to 7 gallon pots I will have 8 and it is killing my

OCD ;) I need one more

here are my choices all regulars your thoughts please

# 1 Glaciers of ice - M.A.C. f2 x Fruity Pebbles (Cereal Cut)

# 2 Chocolate Rain - Chocolope x Coco Kush f1

# 3 Epoxy OG x Huckleberry Soda

# 4 Franco's Lemon Cheese BX1

# 5 (Northern Lights #5 x Haze) x Sensi Star f2

# 6 Day of The Glove ( Gray Payton) x MAC

# 7 TrainWreck x 88 G 13 Hashplant (NDN Guy)

would love to grow them all but I can do one more

all the best and stay free

Dequilo

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

who is next? Come on everybody! Pick one!
I'm following along the thread, just to learn. Totally ignorant of almost all of those variations of cannabis and learned a long time ago, it's better to lurk and learn than talk and give opinions. :LOL:

But... just judging the _structure_ of the plants from the photos, I'd take one of the two Type II/Indica looking plants in the foreground of the first photo and run with 'em.

But then again, I'm a Type II /Indica kinda guy. :cool:

Last edited: