What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Strain/Breeder: El Alquimista/Samsara Seeds
Harvest time: 10-15. October
Latitude of grow: 46N
Average yield: Very good
Mold: None, very good guerilla plant
Potency: 8/10
Year of grow: 2015
Potent rock hard buds that are mould resistant

Good look, I've been thinking of checking this strain out but I forgot about it a while ago.

Have any pics?

Any more specific information?

Many thanks.

Zefy

Here are some pics of El Alquimista and Critical+ 2.0, they grew together...

El Alquimista is right, Critical+ 2.0 is left

c2.0-ea 12.7.2015.jpg

c2.0-ea 2.8.2015.jpg

c2.0-ea 13.8.2015.jpg

c2.0-ea 30.8.2015.jpg

12.10. 2015 bud weight made them super stealt, when I came to place I tough that I was ripped off, no bud was in dirt :D

c2.0-ea 12.10.2015.jpg

crital+ 2.0

Critical+ 2.0.jpg

20.9.2015 el alquimista, other place, big plant ~2,5m

ea w1 20.9.2015.jpg

Not much to say, EA is great plant for outdoor and guerilla (vigorous, pest and mould resistant) I was suprised how compact and hard buds were and without mold! (where I grow is usualy high humidity) doesn't smell to much (big plus for guerilla) smell and taste is like regular weed, nothing extraordinary, potency is very good, more on indica side...
All 3 strains that I reviewed (El Alquimista, Critical+ 2.0, Sugar Black Rose) are great plants for outdoor and guerilla :canabis:

This past summer, I planted a variety of seeds obtained from friends who enjoy experimenting with breeding, but to my chagrin, one of those that was at the back of the garden and much less visible, turned out to be a male. So, the rest of the crop produced buds that were full of seeds. The buds were still very good quality and all even if a big hassle. So, this was the 2016 experience for me.

For the 2017 crop, I have already begun preps in terms of which strains to work with outdoors. Most are fairly early finishers due to the fact that we are at 46ºL in Quebec and summers tend to not last all that long. Here is the list I will be trying out come June of 2017;

818 Headband ( Cali Connection ), Vanilla Kush ( Barney's Farm ), Pineapple Chunk ( Barney's Farm ), Blue Cheese ( Barney's Farm ), God's Blue Cheese ( JOTI ) and also Afgooey ( Greenhouse Seeds ). I hoping for the following qualities; high potency, big yields and early enough finishers. I start everything indoors with organic composts and teas around March and will transplant them outdoors in the soil first week of June. I only use organic and natural means of growing and usually have fairly large plants and hopefully this future crop will be a good one.

green-genes77

Veteran
2016 Outdoor Report

2016 Outdoor Report

Blueberry Headband/HSO

Harvest time: Phenotype 1-October 3
Phenotype 2-October 15

Latitude of grow: 46

Yield: Phenotype dependent. Phenotype 1 had great vigor and huge yields. Phenotype 2 lacked vigor all along and finished small.

Resistance to Disease:Excellent on both phenotypes. Hardly a speck of mold.

Potency: #1: 8/10
#2:8/10

Medicinal Value: Very Good. 8.5/10. Pain and inflammation relief is palpable with this one. A noted CBD-rich variety. Both phenotypes show this trait.

Year of grow: 2016

Feeding Level:Moderate. Handled everything I threw at it and either got huge fast (phenotype 1) or sucked it up and kept growing slowly (phenotype 2).

Ease of Management:7/10. Both phenotypes had rather long stems with bigger than average internodes, requiring caging and training. Toward the end of flowering both will have the vast majority of floral mass on the ends of the branches, and one good rain in late September could spell calamity. Other than that, they were very easy plants to care for.

Notes and thoughts: Grown at the behest of a patient who tried some from a dispensary and liked it for pain relief and it the product lives up to that reputation for sure. Started inside under T5 in April, transplanted out on Mother's Day into prepared organic soil with a sublayer of aged barnyard wastes. Neither developed a blueberry fragrance throughout flowering but both have good visual appeal.

#1 smells like sweet Headband, has a delicious kushy flavor, and is appreciated for its pain killing and relaxation-inducing qualities though it isn't a daywrecker by any means.

#2 is hashy all over. The fragrance is woody/hashy and the flavor is sweet/hashy. This one has a heavier, more stupefying high and is probably more potent overall than #1 but the nature of the high is lacking.

Grower Score
#1:8.5/10
#2:5.7/10

Consumer Score
#1:9/10
#2:6.5/10

Overall
#1:8.8/10
#2:6/10

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

green-genes77

Veteran
2016 Outdoor Report Continued

2016 Outdoor Report Continued

Durga Mata/Paradise Seeds

Harvest time: Phenotype #1 September 26. Phenotype #2 October 15.

Latitude of grow: 46 Degrees

Yield: #1-Average. #2 Large.

Resistance to Disease: #1-Excellent. #2 Fair.

Potency:#1-7.5/10. #2-7/10

Medicinal Value: #1-8/10. Soothing, good for pain. #2-6.5/10

Year of grow: 2016

Feeding Level: Average. Both phenotypes responded well to my default feeding regimen.

Ease of Management: 8.2/10. Both were stout and resilient, even if they did bend a little in the rain toward harvest time.

Notes and thoughts: A tale of phenotypes once again. The earlier phenotype (#1) has some special qualities that I and many patients find valuable. The later, which gets HUGE, is really a pretty mundane Afghani even if it does have the potential to yield huge in an environment that stays pretty dry until 10/15.

#1: Very unique fragrances on this one. Like incense, rare spices and dried fruit. Gets more delicious as time goes on. It smokes ultra-smooth and has a very subdued sweet hashiness. Altogether a winner of a phenotype if you want a unique Indica that finishes quick and don't mind that it only grows to a moderate size. Fun to smoke/vape and with good pain and stress relieving properties.

#2: Mild skunkiness with hashy notes. Massive colas equal in circumference to a man's head. A pretty average Indica high to be had with this phenotype, which is to say pleasant and relaxing, if not especially interesting. Decent for pain, a busy mind, etc. Commercial potential.

Grower Score
#1: 8.7. A pleasure.
#2: 7.5. Flawless until mold hit, but it still put up with a lot in a wet season.

Consumer Score
#1:7.8/10 Unique. Old people love its mellowness.
#2:6/10. Nothing wrong with it, but it is still too easily overshadowed.

Overall
#1:8.3
#2.6.7

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

plantingplants

I wish I could use this but a lot of the yield reports on here are useless. If you grow gorilla, your idea of yield is completely different. Even if you grow legal, everyone has different standards, skill levels, cultural methods, and environmental conditions.

Ie someone's 'very high' yield could mean 5 lbs for one person, 8 to another, and 16 to someone else. To someone who consistently grows 10 lbers, 5 lbs is 'low' right?

We have to list actual or estimated yield in pounds or it's meaningless.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I wish I could use this but a lot of the yield reports on here are useless. If you grow gorilla, your idea of yield is completely different. Even if you grow legal, everyone has different standards, skill levels, cultural methods, and environmental conditions.

Ie someone's 'very high' yield could mean 5 lbs for one person, 8 to another, and 16 to someone else. To someone who consistently grows 10 lbers, 5 lbs is 'low' right?

I feel you dawg but cheeeeeeel lol. You can still make use of the posts in the sense that "high" can still be taken relatively, i.e. assuming the person has grown out a handful of strains their experience attests to the strain's yield being on the higher end compared to the other strains.

It's not science, nor math, but that doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything.

plantingplants

I guess mypost sounds harsh. I dont mean it to be.

To your point, i see what you mean. It still isnt useful to me since i am searching for exceptional yielders tho but i got you. In one sense it is actually more accurate because a number has to be seen in context. Without context all we have is the growers judgment.

'Boogieman'

Most people don't shoot for 10 pound plants, but that doesn't mean the strain they are growing isn't capable in your climate. My biggest yeild was over a pound with blue widow, that's started from seed in may with 6-7 hours direct light a day. I would love to see what blue widow could do under full Cali sun started early and in insanely huge pots.

CannaBrained

This past summer, I planted a variety of seeds obtained from friends who enjoy experimenting with breeding, but to my chagrin, one of those that was at the back of the garden and much less visible, turned out to be a male. So, the rest of the crop produced buds that were full of seeds. The buds were still very good quality and all even if a big hassle. So, this was the 2016 experience for me.

For the 2017 crop, I have already begun preps in terms of which strains to work with outdoors. Most are fairly early finishers due to the fact that we are at 46ºL in Quebec and summers tend to not last all that long. Here is the list I will be trying out come June of 2017;

818 Headband ( Cali Connection ), Vanilla Kush ( Barney's Farm ), Pineapple Chunk ( Barney's Farm ), Blue Cheese ( Barney's Farm ), God's Blue Cheese ( JOTI ) and also Afgooey ( Greenhouse Seeds ). I hoping for the following qualities; high potency, big yields and early enough finishers. I start everything indoors with organic composts and teas around March and will transplant them outdoors in the soil first week of June. I only use organic and natural means of growing and usually have fairly large plants and hopefully this future crop will be a good one.

Have you ever tried Frisian Dew or Holland's hope? Both from Dutch passion. I hear they are superb for Northern Que/On.

fresh249

Thanks

Thanks

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and to thank EVERYONE who contributed to this thread
This is SOOOO Helpful --- I've grown for 15years but only a few times outside.
I'm prepping for next years outdoor crop and this thread saved me
a lot of trouble
It is awesome to get accurate harvest times for my location
and now I have a better understanding of whats possible in
my area

Pédetoddy

Green Haze Thai from ace seeds is an amazing plant. High yield high potency and vigour. Very mold resistent. Smell like tutti-frutti taste like bublegum. The high is very stimulant whithout paranoia or dry mouth just an powerful stimulation without hangover .

PDX Dopesmoker

Strain/Breeder: Mkob Kush #7 /Bradley Danks
Harvest time: about 10am*
Latitude of grow: 45.5ºN
Average yield:I grew one female in a 3gallon and got 1.5z
Mold?: very small spot of botrytis in a very botrytis prone location with aggressive and numerous moths. seemed to be more resistant to russet mites than the other plants (10 others). not resistant to slugs, slugs killed two of my seedlings.
Potency:strong high THC marijuana with strong flavor sort of like muskat grapes, still a speedy buzz after about 11 weeks in the jar, just one bowl gets me ripped. A+ marijuana for my smonking preference.
Year of grow:2017

*Sept 28

I left the lower part of the plant to hang out in the mixed rainy weather in October and none of the lowers branch flowers got any mold/rot of any sort. Definitely the best outdoor plant I grew this summer out of 11 competitors, one of the prettier ones too, Mkob Kush #7 graduates to a larger container next summer, its a proven asskicker in my grow spot.
mBiwdng.jpg

iDyLfnT.jpg