What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor organic summer herbalz

bigherb

Veteran
lets take a trip too ny were theres haze for days n incense flav in many ways ,as you all kno im very interested in frankincense/incense trait ,soo this summer i chose to grow strains with my heart instead of my head ,not most suiting to the climate but known for incense traits .4 out of the 5 strains i ran are reported to hav incense traits

MOTA MILITIA
FUGU KUSH

SMELL - tart , sour ,sharp sour apple like

wen broken up she release a funk of spice

TASTE - sour ,spicy,coffe ,deep dark perfume tone ,medicinal type funk, kushedd outt

interesting too me how she is very similar in taste too som of our common ny kush selects,
cousins say wat crazyy kush it that,even newbies will recognize the heavy kush flavs i must say its a very pronounced flavor

amazin i lov the taste

thick white smoke can be quite exspansive

EFFECTS - very relaxed ,head thumping,heavy shit ,a warming comfort ,more body stone but still heady

i say shes headstash not much of a yield but overall a very special strain high grade meds all around .

APPERANCE - rock hard nugs encrusted in thc ,looks alot better than wats commonly available ,darkgreen nugs with almost brownish golden tint .top of the line bag appeal

alive amazin alien plant she turned soo dark purple she looked black out right ,too badd she didnt carry the colors too the buds

MNS
SK/HZ pheno #1

SMELL - tropical fruit,citrus,over ripe fruit,sour, sweet, pungent still wit that dark spicy hazeey tone

TASTE - spicy, almost sweet incense

i lov the flavor ,this is very similar in taste too our nyc hazes,wen burned she leaves that church smell in the room

smooth smoke som exspansion

EFFECTS - creeper the high continues to build for the first 20 mins or soo ,stuck dazed ,in to a warm dream like state

APPERANCE - very sativa ,very hazeyy, tiny calxyes,lite green buds ,darker reddish pistils

MNS
SK/HZ pheno#2 world series skunkhaze

SMELL - sour ,musky ,astringent

TASTE - lime ,earthy ,pepper ,spicy

very smooth but exspansive if you take big tokes

very interesting too me is this pheno of skunkhaze is very very similar in taste too wat we kno in ny as jack herrer ,considering the lineage too be of closely related parents this was intriguing .

EFFECTS - after first few tokes immediate buzz,by the time i finish my blunt my head is spinning,very cerebal wit som body also,it has a calming effect,floaty almost like a hash high ,you feel it in ya face ,it hits my eyes i get this sensation not heavy but im ripped ,mix of body n head

i enjoy this high /stone very much definite head banga

it was only right i named her worldseries skunkhaze as she was chopped the night we won the title

MNS
NOREASTER NEVILLES HAZE

SMELL - spicy ,fuel,incense ,type astringent

TASTE - HEAVEN dark earthy ,deep spicy ,incense very pungent

exspansive dont hurt nobody type ,leaves the room smellin like frankincense,taste lingers in ur mouth for a while

nothin sweet about nevs thats how i kno haze ,she is very similar to our finer nyc hazes ,amazing flavor mmm mmms is wat we call it .definite church . neville haze is wat nyers considers church .ime its the closest strain to frankies not from uptown

EFFECTS - powerful ,after first few tokes you feel a rush threw ur brain ,it defintely effects the heart rate i feel my heart beat fast ,an calming also were i can feel stuck type dreamy like,but also still very functional i can feel motivated to workout or go out sometimes after a spliff,not for light weights n can leave you weak in the knees after a nice session,long lasting herb

very special strain very high grade quality ,this is similar to finer nyc haze aka church

APPERANCE - very sativa ,very hazey ,medium calyxes,lite orange pistils

after my experience wit neville haze n mns haze hybrids i hav no doubts that mns gentics r related to nyc haze lineage.really it only took a few tokes of my sk/hz #1 n nevs to confirm my belief

DUBI of aceseeds
KALICHINA X CHINA

SMELL - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

wen broken up it has a lime skittle note

TASTE - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

tranfers all in the taste amazing ,very pronounced taste pungent, lingers on your tounge i lov this taste its very different

EFFECTS-very heady ,open me up i felt very conscious of myself n surroundings sharp focused,heavy feelin of pressure in my eyes ,comes in waves ,psychedelic,then relaxed n warming

APPERANCE - quite hazeyy,large calyxes the fattest calyxes ive got on a plant ,darker red pistils ,lite green bud

amazing smoke very high grade i really enjoy this smoke throughly high n flavor r top notch

real hazyy her qualities r reminscent of our nyc haze

DNA GENETICS
TORa BORA aka il toro

SMELL- fuckin crazy ,like a bbq,smokey ,spicies,garlic

TASTE - heavens vagina,unique ,dark hashy ,sweetnees of black hash,dark perfume colonge,sour,musky,spicy,
fuel,mint

this is medicinal high grade ,i love this taste dark ghani shit its reminscent of her la mama wit a whole other world of flavors

can be a lung buster quite exspansive

EFFECTS - chillout smoke ,social,very relaxing

i was lookin for knockout shes not as strong as i was hopin ,but still amazing smoke wit a nice body stone

APPERANCE - 5 star bag appeal definite hashplant ,very similar to la con but bigger nugs beautiful,rock hard encrusted in thc ,lite green buds ,red brownish pistils,purple tint

she also turned such a dark purple she was almost black,not full tho n only slighty colors carried to nugs

this one was the most sought after in my circle ,major taste n appeal but i was dissapointed in the high

i would like to thank all the breeders for their blood sweat n tears put into there gentics it shows .

i truly appreciate the chance too experience these high quality rare genetics

ive only popped 1 seed of each aside from my sk/hz ,the incense trait in haze i soo highly desire comes thru in 3 of my smokes kali china ,sk/hz #1 ,neville haze .the neville is dear to my heart caz its touches home being soo similar to our haze ,i very much look forward to findin more haezyy phenos in the pk

SORRY NO PICS

1luvbigherb

reddy1

ICMag Donor
great report on lots of strains. that neville's haze sounds like weed of gods. i'm surprised the tora bora was the most sought after? your people aren't as haze crazy as you?

when does nevilles haze finish outdoors in new york? greenhouse i presume? when did it start flowering?

bigherb

Veteran
lets take another trip to nyc where there is haze for days and you can have it your way .grown outdoors in nyc once again my heart desires only the best ,im not interested in yield .the frankincense/incense trait is dear to my heart soo i ran 2 hillbilly haze and a nevilles haze

hillbillyhaze#1 chopped 10/14

smell - unique a first experience cucumber /lite mint /slighty sweet /fruity

taste - slighty fruity with the cucumber dominant and lite mint wit a darker tone

effects -it is quite clear and focused but gives a warming feeling then starts to hit you behind the eyes and gives aheavy feeling in the eyes ,quite cerebral but has a relaxing effect that sets in not stoned but mellowed

bud appearance -lite green nugs with brown/dark reddish pistils ,very dense tight nugs the exact opposite of her sister

hillbillyhaze#2 chopped 10/14

smell - dark coffe /citrus almost a orange/lime /spice /moss

taste - citrus dominant / spice /coffe /with a spicy exhale that leaves a lingering taste like haze

effects - almost identical to the other pheno maybe abit more clear motivational /heady cerebral /heaviness in the eyes thats builds to a warming effect throughout the body

appearance - the most exotic sativa ive grown ,you can see through the bud its soo airy ,its reminescent of the pure lumbos in modern colombian thread or BSC Cblack pic (similar clusters of calxyes).golden look when you crack open a nug the calxyes are golden bud leave is dark green ,it forms clusters of calxyes that point out on nugs and its quite rare ive seen this very exotic look ,dark green nugs with browish/reddish pistils

side note

this strain was hardy and quite easy to grow, resistant to bugs/ mold ,i look forward to a future run for the incense pheno

although i got joked on for her appeal ,after they smoke her they were singing another song ,im walkin on the moon .the effects are special a true high not like the indy hybrids of today .i consider this a conessuier smoke and my not suit everyone

nevilles haze chopped 11/7

smell - what heaven smells like i hope lol straight incense

taste - abit spicy dominated by incense extrem incense on the exhale,id smoke this pheno even if it didnt get me high

effects - very aware self consious /almost outer body feeling /surroundings are enhanced along with hearing /strong feeling throughout the boddy /abit racy at times

bud appearance - foxatils on every nug /slim long running colas of frosted haze /golden appeal gorgeous

this is the fruit of the gods ,this nevilles haze pheno was praised this year,im sure experience played a part but this pheno was much more haze dom as oppose to last year which showed more of her NL side .an older uncle said the buds look like thai sticks .this could be sold as nyc haze

comparison of growth

hillbilly out yielded nevilles haze and had almost month earlier finish

comparison of the smoke

hillbilly haze is why i wish i was around back in the days ,its what id imagine /is comparable to reports of certain pure lumbos

nevilles haze is a perfect representation of the haze i grew up on .look at some of my first post bragging about nyc haze (i still do lol),i was knocked abit looked down on . now ive smoked NH and nevil has confirmed his haze was from SAMS

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Reddy1

last year NH started flowering around the last week of august,i was able to psuh her in a shaded spot toward the end of the day which was done to help induce flowering .No GH but becaz of the rain i also had a clear plastic top just used during heavy rain it was the worst season i recall wit rainfall.she was chopped 11/11

1luvbigherb

you can check my comparison grow log from this past season in reservation labs thread

you should look into one of those clear outdoor tents, they're small and u can cover them up around 7 pm to induce early flowering in july and supposed be properly finished in oct. You can only fit 1 or 2 plants in there but i've seen reports of 1/4 - 1/2 lb of various hazes. I think they cost less then the seeds cost (around $100)

I'm shocked you got a decent product of nevilhaze str8 up outdoors in ny...nice report.

bigherb

Veteran
you should look into one of those clear outdoor tents, they're small and u can cover them up around 7 pm to induce early flowering in july and supposed be properly finished in oct. You can only fit 1 or 2 plants in there but i've seen reports of 1/4 - 1/2 lb of various hazes. I think they cost less then the seeds cost (around $100)

I'm shocked you got a decent product of nevilhaze str8 up outdoors in ny...nice report.

Thx for the lookin at the thread and your thoughts .

More than decent my friend ,It could sell as some of the better NYC haze around the way.I know the youngsters or average smoker needs too see fat frosted nugs but any NYER who see's a proper haze nug will love what i produced

The thing is #1 im not in area with houses and grass with a garden or backyard .While im great with all my neighbors i really have to be discreet .My place is in heavy traffic nothin quiet bout it

My reason for my plastic top was not to induce flower but protect the precious flowers from rediculous rainfall especially the heavy storms.

The first year i was nervous when all the others strains were really kickin into flower and NH was just geting started all i had to loose was one seed though .Soo i put her toward the shade at the end of the day which i believe helped abit ,but the second year i didnt have this opportunity nor was i concerned after my first success

Remember i had success with nevilles haze twice i think the haze is a very hardy strain that is hard to kill.I believe the cold helped the plant finish early this year .Last year it was abit warmer later but this years pheno was more haze dom foxtail.i exspected to take longer but actually chopped sooner than last year becaz of temps n conditions ,She looked just as mature .This years haze was IMO better than last ,All around full on haze as i know it nothin sweet about it

I know they werent grown to full potential but they were mature and its only a testement to the possibilites .I think any haze lover in a decent location should attempt MNS haze hybrids outdoors

1luvbigherb

nycjb

bigherb wuttup playa? i got some MNS ssh x Tomhill o'haze freebies you really make me wanna throw them outside this summer but Id like to find a keeper indoors first :) I havent seen any haze in my part of nyc for years...then again im not out looking either...hopefully I find some piff in these beans...i forget how motivating haze can be and i really need some in my life...smoking kush everyday is like taking lazy pills and then i have to drink so much coffee that im up all night...after this run of SD IBL im gonna jump on the haze train...

peace

bigherb

Veteran
Sup brother

Those are some nice freebies you got sounds like a hybrid with potential

If my smoke report was any inspiration how bout this for ya head,I plan on running pure tom hill haze this up coming season .With all those reports of quick finishers and those big haze bushes i cant wait .

IM not sure were your at but i know where the haze is and it never left .You can go to many spots along several blocks uptown (Wasington heights) n shop the wares of the different selections

I hear ya on the kush n deez rotation IMO variety is the spice of life while a good haze can never bore me .The deez n kushes i build a tolerance to after smoking them repeatidly

Like pac n breed said i gotta get mine ,you gotta get yours .Soo get on that train the A C or whichever it may be LOL

How crazy is that i never really thought about it the 2 trains i take uptown represent the haze males NEVIL bred with( just thinking out loud )

1luvbigherb

Croissant

great reports bigherb I hope you do one on mango haze some time. I really appreciate your input on your take of the different hazes with your experience of the NYC haze and all.

bigherb

Veteran
great reports bigherb I hope you do one on mango haze some time. I really appreciate your input on your take of the different hazes with your experience of the NYC haze and all.

I truly appreciate your kind words

Look forward to more haze reports but I dont se MH in the near future the line is INCREDIBLE and has some acclaim but fruit is not somthin i desire in my haze .

Exspect TH haze n C.gold reports in the future

More incense and less nonsense:)

1luvbigherb

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
lets take a trip too ny were theres haze for days n incense flav in many ways ,as you all kno im very interested in frankincense/incense trait ,soo this summer i chose to grow strains with my heart instead of my head ,not most suiting to the climate but known for incense traits .4 out of the 5 strains i ran are reported to hav incense traits

MOTA MILITIA
FUGU KUSH

SMELL - tart , sour ,sharp sour apple like

wen broken up she release a funk of spice

TASTE - sour ,spicy,coffe ,deep dark perfume tone ,medicinal type funk, kushedd outt

interesting too me how she is very similar in taste too som of our common ny kush selects,
cousins say wat crazyy kush it that,even newbies will recognize the heavy kush flavs i must say its a very pronounced flavor

amazin i lov the taste

thick white smoke can be quite exspansive

EFFECTS - very relaxed ,head thumping,heavy shit ,a warming comfort ,more body stone but still heady

i say shes headstash not much of a yield but overall a very special strain high grade meds all around .

APPERANCE - rock hard nugs encrusted in thc ,looks alot better than wats commonly available ,darkgreen nugs with almost brownish golden tint .top of the line bag appeal

alive amazin alien plant she turned soo dark purple she looked black out right ,too badd she didnt carry the colors too the buds

MNS
SK/HZ pheno #1

SMELL - tropical fruit,citrus,over ripe fruit,sour, sweet, pungent still wit that dark spicy hazeey tone

TASTE - spicy, almost sweet incense

i lov the flavor ,this is very similar in taste too our nyc hazes,wen burned she leaves that church smell in the room

smooth smoke som exspansion

EFFECTS - creeper the high continues to build for the first 20 mins or soo ,stuck dazed ,in to a warm dream like state

APPERANCE - very sativa ,very hazeyy, tiny calxyes,lite green buds ,darker reddish pistils

MNS
SK/HZ pheno#2 world series skunkhaze

SMELL - sour ,musky ,astringent

TASTE - lime ,earthy ,pepper ,spicy

very smooth but exspansive if you take big tokes

very interesting too me is this pheno of skunkhaze is very very similar in taste too wat we kno in ny as jack herrer ,considering the lineage too be of closely related parents this was intriguing .

EFFECTS - after first few tokes immediate buzz,by the time i finish my blunt my head is spinning,very cerebal wit som body also,it has a calming effect,floaty almost like a hash high ,you feel it in ya face ,it hits my eyes i get this sensation not heavy but im ripped ,mix of body n head

i enjoy this high /stone very much definite head banga

it was only right i named her worldseries skunkhaze as she was chopped the night we won the title

MNS
NOREASTER NEVILLES HAZE

SMELL - spicy ,fuel,incense ,type astringent

TASTE - HEAVEN dark earthy ,deep spicy ,incense very pungent

exspansive dont hurt nobody type ,leaves the room smellin like frankincense,taste lingers in ur mouth for a while

nothin sweet about nevs thats how i kno haze ,she is very similar to our finer nyc hazes ,amazing flavor mmm mmms is wat we call it .definite church . neville haze is wat nyers considers church .ime its the closest strain to frankies not from uptown

EFFECTS - powerful ,after first few tokes you feel a rush threw ur brain ,it defintely effects the heart rate i feel my heart beat fast ,an calming also were i can feel stuck type dreamy like,but also still very functional i can feel motivated to workout or go out sometimes after a spliff,not for light weights n can leave you weak in the knees after a nice session,long lasting herb

very special strain very high grade quality ,this is similar to finer nyc haze aka church

APPERANCE - very sativa ,very hazey ,medium calyxes,lite orange pistils

after my experience wit neville haze n mns haze hybrids i hav no doubts that mns gentics r related to nyc haze lineage.really it only took a few tokes of my sk/hz #1 n nevs to confirm my belief

DUBI of aceseeds
KALICHINA X CHINA

SMELL - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

wen broken up it has a lime skittle note

TASTE - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

tranfers all in the taste amazing ,very pronounced taste pungent, lingers on your tounge i lov this taste its very different

EFFECTS-very heady ,open me up i felt very conscious of myself n surroundings sharp focused,heavy feelin of pressure in my eyes ,comes in waves ,psychedelic,then relaxed n warming

APPERANCE - quite hazeyy,large calyxes the fattest calyxes ive got on a plant ,darker red pistils ,lite green bud

amazing smoke very high grade i really enjoy this smoke throughly high n flavor r top notch

real hazyy her qualities r reminscent of our nyc haze

DNA GENETICS
TORa BORA aka il toro

SMELL- fuckin crazy ,like a bbq,smokey ,spicies,garlic

TASTE - heavens vagina,unique ,dark hashy ,sweetnees of black hash,dark perfume colonge,sour,musky,spicy,
fuel,mint

this is medicinal high grade ,i love this taste dark ghani shit its reminscent of her la mama wit a whole other world of flavors

can be a lung buster quite exspansive

EFFECTS - chillout smoke ,social,very relaxing

i was lookin for knockout shes not as strong as i was hopin ,but still amazing smoke wit a nice body stone

APPERANCE - 5 star bag appeal definite hashplant ,very similar to la con but bigger nugs beautiful,rock hard encrusted in thc ,lite green buds ,red brownish pistils,purple tint

she also turned such a dark purple she was almost black,not full tho n only slighty colors carried to nugs

this one was the most sought after in my circle ,major taste n appeal but i was dissapointed in the high

i would like to thank all the breeders for their blood sweat n tears put into there gentics it shows .

i truly appreciate the chance too experience these high quality rare genetics

ive only popped 1 seed of each aside from my sk/hz ,the incense trait in haze i soo highly desire comes thru in 3 of my smokes kali china ,sk/hz #1 ,neville haze .the neville is dear to my heart caz its touches home being soo similar to our haze ,i very much look forward to findin more haezyy phenos in the pk

SORRY NO PICS

1luvbigherb
nice to read that after 12 years. is NH still the closest to NYC haze?

bigherb

Veteran
Maha

Interesting it’s still sought after , after all these years

The story If I recall correctly, the NYC Haze comes from A5 seed acquired in Amsterdam in 1989. 3 phenos were kept from 100 seeds or Soo .

After tasting uptown black haze from piffcoast farm and killer A5 from Ace . I believe Unc Yosemite Sam was correct in his assumption and the story is true NYC Haze I believe is from A5 seed

Too answer your question direct , NH is still the closest to NYC Haze I grew up with . But there are several things to consider

I’ve tasted 1000’s of NYC Haze samples

4 phenos of NH from 2009 Mns seed stock
3 phenos of Uptown black from piffcoast
3 phenos of killer A5 from Ace

NH has been just pure heavy Incense/ sandalwood but brighter notes . While the later are heavier on the darker tones of leather basement musky with incense on the back end

I believe selection is key , pop seeds and then pop some more

1luvbigherb

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure with this you have to pop a lot of seeds, like with any inbred haze, inbreeding is problem with haze somehow... it was not stable from beginning...

yeah so we can say that nyc haze is colombian based. do you plan to grow some colombians or colombian hazes???

this is incense pheno of macs 90shaze cross, not so long flowering for pure haze, incense more on lighter side.

full

bigherb

Veteran
sure with this you have to pop a lot of seeds, like with any inbred haze, inbreeding is problem with haze somehow... it was not stable from beginning...

yeah so we can say that nyc haze is colombian based. do you plan to grow some colombians or colombian hazes???

this is incense pheno of macs 90shaze cross, not so long flowering for pure haze, incense more on lighter side.

full
Exactly original Haze was never stable/ stabilized from the rip

I’d agree the NYC Haze Taste / aromas according to reports and in-depth research are Colombian.

I have some old Colombian black and Gold via HHF . I have punto Rojo from cbg n a red gold from nachillo . I also have Original Haze , I want to do a haze preservation project and then explore the lumbos

I can’t see the picture
Is that from madmac OHaze repro ?

1luvbigherb