What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Updates: The 3 autos have been ditched... they grew a little then one very hot afternoon they flopped, damaging their stems. I propped them up with little mountains of soil but they weren't happy.

I have put the now quite woody MxP mother in the big pot and I hope she will rejuvenate there and give me a bumper harvest in the autumn.

There are 10 Durban seedlings - although 1 is a bit deformed/runty so I may end up with 9.

7 days of 12/12 for the Citras and the Bluebonic - all doing well.

El Timbo

Looking at the Citras there is one that stands out as being different in that it is less vigorous, more slender - more like the sweet skunk (I remember that she wasn't especially vigorous). The other 4 have more of a hybrid look with 1 of them leaning more towards the Indica side, another more towards the Sativa side and 2 in the middle.

No citrus aromas as yet.

The bluebonic is strong and stocky like a bull terrier.

El Timbo

Citra Paradiso V - the broadest leafed one after 12 days of 12/12. Flower development is similar across all 5.

El Timbo

Durban seedlings - they've had a top dressing with worm castings. In the end I culled the weird one so I'm left with 9. If I have fewer than 6 females I'll add a clone to make up the numbers.

El Timbo

Citra Paradiso II is the early leader in the aroma department - number I is in second place. Still time for the others though - only 3 weeks in.

I've made a change of plan - the durbans seem to be growing very slowly so I think it might be wise to not rush them, let them have a good long veg period so I can see what I have once they reach sexual maturity.

So I am preparing 6 plants to flower after the Citras

1 x Sweet Bilbo fem (Genehtik) - I think this is a Sweet Tooth S1

1 x Super Silver Bilbo fem (Genehtik) - SSH S1 I think

1 x Northern Lights X fem (Genehtik) - possible NL S1

1 x Eleven Roses fem (Delicious Seeds) - Sugar Black Rose (critical mass x black domina) x Appalachian Kush - Indica poly that came as a freebie.

1 x dawgs bollocks clone - I was close to ditching this one but I'm enjoying it more now and it's a big hit with my acquaintances. It also has lots of good growth characteristics.

1 x Caribe B - So far I'm not too enamoured with the Caribes but I will give this one another chance.

For a Sativa lover this a very Indica heavy mix...

Last edited:

El Timbo

The durbans at 3 weeks since they popped - slow progress but that's fine. I'm glad I decided to prepare a different 6 for the next round. There might only be a couple of females among the durbans...

The Caribe and the Dawgs Bollocks - they have sat outside 24/7 under the solar light at night and mixed sun/shade during the day - both looking good.

4/4 of the seeds popped - I've been trying to germ 100 Sweet Tooth F2s in an attempt to find a father for the Citras but it's not looking promising :(

El Timbo

It's maybe too early to start talking about phenotypes but there are 5 taller durban seedlings and 4 shorter ones - the photo shows an example of each. Maybe they are males/females.

Here's a pic of the sweet bilbo/tooth seedling - as I've mentioned one of my first packs of seeds was a SOL Adventure Mix, which was various females pollinated by Sweet Tooth males - they were lovely plants. The 100 Sweet Tooth F2s are still in soil - they'll be given a good long chance to germinate.

Last edited:

El Timbo

Citra Paradiso V at 4 weeks of 12/12 - I'm loving all the citrus aromas I'm getting - plenty of grapefruit in there. I'm a big fan of citrus smelling plants in general - lemon geranium, lemon verbena etc.

El Timbo

can almost smell her from here she looks great :)

The aromas I'm getting throughout the day are lovely - I and II are very reminiscent of the Sweet Skunk cut.

The MxP in the big pot is growing fresh new shoots - hopefully she will flower naturally when the time comes. If not i will use some kind of dark curtain.

El Timbo

The 9 durbans are much happier now they have been repotted into All Mix - they have a good colour. One of them has a slight deformation on one leaf set but I don't think it's a big issue.

I think I'll stick to this idea of very long veg periods every time I do regular seeds.

El Timbo

The flowering group at 5,5 weeks of 12/12 - after a heavy downpour of rain... The bluebonic is front left.

And the 9 durbans plus the 4 new seedlings and the dreadbread mother (top right) she wasn't doing well at all until i discovered that her roots hadn't pushed through the membrane of the peat puck thing. She's doing ok now.

El Timbo

I finally gave in to PM and chopped early at 8 weeks - I had removed so many affected leaves that there were almost none left. I'll still have some good buds to smoke and all my vegging plants seem to be free of PM atm. I've taken steps to better ventilate my indoor flowering room and I'll give it a good clean.

2 female durbans so far.

El Timbo

Ok - I have got over the pm trauma... hopefully i can keep it under control.

The durbans are showing a nice green and vigorous canopy - still only 2 definite females so if that remains the case I will flower them along with the other 6.

The 4 fems have all been topped and are looking good

El Timbo

The 4 fems have been repotted into their final pots - I'll probably switch them to 12/12 next week.

When I decided to go back to growing one option was to only do seed grows - it keeps things simple but in the end I decided to keep and run clones as well.

I've made myself a little solar powered natural pond feature - nicer water for my dogs and my plants...

I've been struggling to get the citra and bluebonic buds dry as the ambient rh has been in the 70s most days - I'm nearly there though.

KingCobra66

The 4 fems have been repotted into their final pots - I'll probably switch them to 12/12 next week.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83429&pictureid=2054566&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

When I decided to go back to growing one option was to only do seed grows - it keeps things simple but in the end I decided to keep and run clones as well.

I've made myself a little solar powered natural pond feature - nicer water for my dogs and my plants...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83429&pictureid=2054557&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I've been struggling to get the citra and bluebonic buds dry as the ambient rh has been in the 70s most days - I'm nearly there though.

:thank you: for the update they look fantastic now and i like your idea on the solar powered natural pond feature :jump:

El Timbo

cheers kingcobra...

I only switched them to 12/12 a couple of days ago. The SSH has started to stretch a little :) This is going to be an interesting harvest I think - 6 different strains.

The durbans are still in very small pots and showing the damage from the pm lower down but with nice new healthy growth on top. The PM seems to have been eradicated by the sulphur burner. I think I will stick them in the flowering cupboard as well as I'm still not sure of their sexes. Then I will be able to make some seeds and hopefully take clones or reveg the females for a proper harvest in the future.

And that being the case I should be getting the next round sorted - I have a clone of my favourite Citra Paradiso and a clone of the Bluebonic so I will add the 5 schnazzleberry #3

El Timbo

As you can see the Malawi x Panama in the big pot has been growing... hopefully she will flower naturally in that spot when the time comes - otherwise I'll have to shift it in and out every night.

She's still my favourite smoke in terms of effect but a little lacking in the taste department - I'll hold onto her for now until I find a better pure sativa.

The durbans have had a couple of nights of 12/12

Latest posts

Latest posts