What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

blackone

Veteran
Thanks.
Yeah spot #3 is gonna be crazy next year... I want to have only 2-3m trees there and lots of them. If a chopper passes by I want to be able to hide under them (Although I'm not sure if they're actively looking for weed)
Spot #1 will hold a couple of 1.5-2m plants - perhaps 4 of them.
Spot#2 might get abandoned. Those falling branches hurt the plants. It's a shame though - the soil just sent the plants growing like rockets - but I think I can find a better location only a few meters away.

I'm also checking out some more spots like #3 - I know what to look for now when it comes to tree age and how it looks on air-photos.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
great update bro, thx! ask them to please flower now or in a week lastest!

blackone

Veteran
great update bro, thx! ask them to please flower now or in a week lastest!
Thanks I will - I don't know how fast Freja will finish after flower starts, but when growing Phil's ErdpurtXErocket/dp indoors it was a rocket fast finisher when put under 12/12, so I'm sure it'll make it. As long as September and early October treats us well...
PS - won't be too long before I get to visit the B3N7*Erdpurt*Rd crosses spot again - with a little luck that one should start flowering soon too.

Everytime i see those cans I get a kick out of it!! lol
Haha yeah they work quite well in the start. As soon as surrounding vegetation grows too tall they loose their effect.
Turns out they weren't needed at spot#3 - the slug population is low here, and I think it's because the spot is in the middle of a pine plantation - if they want to go there then they're gonna have to crawl many meters through old needles with no food. So when the local population is bit by the pellets then no new ones are coming there.

good to see no more tragedy blackone the autos looks so cute :D
Yeah man - this spot is just so great and the soil is also pretty nice here - almost like in a garden with perhaps just a little bit too much clay but that's easy to fix with some peat-based soil, compost and lime.
I don't think these are really autos though - they entered flower because they were rootbound in small plastic cups. Other plants of the same strain that were put out earlier are still only in early flower. But definitely an early strain.

Mr.Pyrex

whats up with the coke cans man thats gotta be the worse thing to have at your spot, anyways good luck with your grow hope you cleans those up there no good for nature, cheers

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
slug fence bro, shure he would clean up, wouldnt you? they can be used next season aswell!

blackone

Veteran
Jup those will be cleaned up and reused. I already cleaned up the ones from the males.
Honestly in spot #3 I might not bother using them next year at all...

blackone

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words.
I harvested some pollen - will be dusting a little here and there.
Apart from that yes - it's going to be mostly seedless (I hope).
Didn't get around to making some real seed plots.

Mk3Jetta

I like your plots! But I'd be a little weary of a helicopter anywhere near my outdoor garden...

Its probably nothing tho :)

Your plants look REALLY NICE man so green and healthy!

Smeden

Hi m8

Looking great. Sad to hear about the 1 n 2 spot... but looks like ur gonna get tired of chopping anyways! and thats a good thing, ey?

peace n stay green

blackone

Veteran
Thanks all... I hope I get any harvest at all this year.
Went to plot 1 and 2 and plants are still not in flower.
Here plot 1 - tallest ones are the same height as me now.
picture.php

Erdpurt F2 with a really promising stature - a lot of budsites:
picture.php

Spot2 - one plant was much taller than the rest at around 150cm. The others are all less than a meter tall - plants that had been attacked by slugs are now recovering and bushing out if they lost their tops.
picture.php

I wonder what's in store for me next time I visit plot #3 - hope it's some real flowers.

keke.nz

they look good blackone, what time would you usually expect them to start flowering? i hope they start soon if you have a short season in your area.

keep it up

peace keke

blackone

Veteran
Well they really should have started some serious flower now in order to harvest a fully mature crop in early October. Any later than that and frost might be a problem - sometimes the first frost is late September actually. In a good year even late october harvests can be ok.
I wouldn't say our season is short as such since our climate is pretty mild - but our northern lattitude is pretty restrictive because most indoor strains have a very hard time finishing here. Many sativa dom indoor strains don't even start flowering before dying.

Smeden

They look great, green and happy Blackone.

Hope they start flowering soon bro. Have u considered som black bags 48 hours if possible?

Peace

bongcritter

Looks good blackone!!!

I am in the same boat as you as far as floweing goes I think...First frost is around late september here...and I'm afraid I won't even be able to harvest anything that decent with such a short timetable to work with =(

Well, best of luck to you!

blackone

Veteran
Thanks bongcritter. I hope you get an outdoor harvest this year - might get lucky with a warm fall:)