What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor fertilizers?!?!?!

outdoor fertilizers?!?!?!

• Great!

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Couldnt be better

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Well

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • ok

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shitty

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

MrBreeze911

most of that fox farm line is only organic based, not full organic -tiger bloom is not organic -most of the say for best results feed with every other watering.. with age old outside and even bio bizz indoors i feed with every watering and its more consitant -the responce from age old is outragious the grow is 12-6-6 and bloom 5-10-5 it says its only a suplimant of regular fetilizer program but i see it as a primary nutrient and only add liquid karma once and some ancient amber a few times -dumped a quart of each into the tank w/age old grow, its all proportioned 70-80:1 and fed for 15min 5am every day. here is my partners crop last year befor gophers took half of his crop out
july29005.jpg

-nothing compact about thoes plants -they vagg as big as possable befor pushing fruit, my plants are biger then last year this time and i cant imagin looking to use another fert. well i do ammend my soil ealry in the year and add kelp meal and alfalfa tea, also starter fertilizer tea (its got probiotic and mychorrizea) also vermi crop amendment acratched in under the chunky wood chips i mulch with. i used the dry fox farm befor, its good fertilizer but how good can it be if it needs a flush inbetween every watering.. it'll go further, spread thinner i mean get more for your dollar but ive also found age old to be on the cheeper end of the liquid organic ferts. -i used the rest of my beasty blooms on anahime peppers with great results, and the chaching/opensesimy mixed togher for my tomatoes. ive used agfe old the last few seasons and cant shake it -i was talking to thebuddy of mine about dif organic ferts and anything beyond whats been used i think of trial and error -he agreed that we cant afford any error so we stick with age old bloom, i was thinking maby biobizz bloom cause of the molasses and kelp ingredients but its more expensive and i like results i get. also mix some guano in around this time -mocha guano 4-6-2, i found it last year while i was up in mendocino and then just found it searching online 10lb for like 20bucks (the folks at the greenhouse supply dais it was the best transition guano they had, they had soo many kinds i had to ask about them -used thoes guano packs in the past w/good responce)
keep in mind tiger bloom may not be forgiving as organic ferts may be, my age old was set at 50:1 in the young mixer/proportioner i just went through nutes too fast -way too fast and then had weeks where i found out i was empty and too another week to have it shiped here, the plants where never burnt just hunrgy when i kept irrigating w/o ferts -i mixed up some biogrow (2.2-.5-6.6) and earthjuice bloom (0-3-1) when i found they where hungry and i had only my indoor bio-juice ferts untill my order arrived. no hickups from the crop and they are loveing life, my first year i used FF ferts like yours (i used the 3 pack and big bloom, cant remember if i ran tiger bloom, i beleave i did -that was back in '06) and i had great taisting weed -even what hadent dried properly was very smooth, probly had to do with the strain too i just see what age old does on my partners ranch and now i walk in his footsteps.
AGE OLD GROW (12-6-6)
An odorless natural fertilizer with a 2-1 nitrogen ratio to enhance plant growth and vigor. It contains fish solubles, feather meal & colloidal phosphates. Micronutrients are derived from seaweed extract, borax and complex sugars.
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
An odorless, natural, fast-acting phosphorus combination that encourages early growth, greater flowering and better fruit set. Soak seeds for higher germination rates. Soak roots for greater root mass and less trans-plant shock. Contains fish solubles, feather meal & colloidal phosphates. Micronutrients are derived from seaweed extracts, borax and complex sugars.

this is their kelp, its probly as cheep as maxicrop and has got mush lower NPK numbers -a gal is $30- that same as aquart of roots organics kelp or biobizz kelp @30 bucks a quart. i mix a quart per galloon with my first gallon of vegg and of bloom -i ran low on grow again and fed plants with a quart of this, put the green right back into the growth sites i just wish i get more liquid age old in storage. it sucks not being consistant or perdictable but atleast i know their a good amount of nitrogen allready in the soil, im gunna get a gallon of bloom later this month. AGE OLD KELP (.3-.25.15)
Liquid Kelp concentrate is the original soil and plant bio-stimulant. Apply as a soil drench to build soil tilth and restore biological life to damaged soils. Use as a foliar spray to improve nutrient uptake, provide needed micronutrients and combat a wide range of environmental stresses.
i ran a seed crop this spring on 1 gal of age old bloom and 1 quart of kelp, cost my less then 50 bucks with re-used ammended soil. i got hundreds of seeds and they are well developed, i just used close to the same nutes as last season. i got one seed from like 4 pounds of bud and it was tiger stiped and healthy soo i used age old again instead of biobloom -i have that for indoor perpetiual also amended with dr earth and kelp meal. i was most interested in a good fert for seed production, to get proper germ rates.
Can I use a foliar spray with a fish and kelp blend during flowering? My plants outdoors are in week 1-3 of flowering, and I just found my fish kelp concentrate.