What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor fertilizers?!?!?!

outdoor fertilizers?!?!?!

• Great!

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Couldnt be better

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Well

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • ok

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shitty

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
Im am starting my first outdoor grow and I need list of nute brands and products to get. I am going to be using organic foxfarms. I also use clearex as a salt leach/sugar additive. I am in northern Cali and I need to know what is needed for flowering outdoors. So any help would be nice.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
here's a little look

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nomaad

Veteran
Pure Blend Pro Bloom from Botanicare as your base. Bud Candy (Advanced Nutes) and Massive (Green Planet) as bloom stimulator. I am in week 5 of bloom and I just began to use Finisher (Green Planet) as well. Giving them a product like Silica Blast (BoCare) can't hurt- big buds need strong stems. Don't forget to add humic and fulvic acids with all these products (including your base) to aid in uptake of all these nutes. Maybe it goes without saying, but make sure your pH is right on the feeding solutions. Some foliar feeding in the first two weeks is OK too.

That's what I am using for the flowering girls you can see plenty of pictures of in my thread linked below. Its going very well.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
There's many choices in flowering nutes...if you want my opinion, try foliar feeding with P seabird guano the first few weeks, also peaceful valley's 1-5-5 and 0-0-10 are good. Age Old Bloom would also work. Lookin good.

beer batter

i use age old grow/bloom, mixed a gang of kelp and dr earth starter fertilizer earlier. but i stand by age old bloom and a budy i know has ben useing it for 5 seasons, going on 6. its suposed to be part of a balenced diet or something it says on the jug, i just added a quart of liquid karma a month back and neerly a quart of ancient amber after that now some more ancient amber.

i feed via young mixer / proportioner thats got a 2gal nutirent bag that connects to yoru hose and 1/2poly-hose addapter, finally i got 3 shrublers per plant. but age old is used between 50 and 100:1 so like 75:1 ratio for 15 minutes at like 5am and i have to buy a 2.5galjug every few weeks. and havent added ancient amber for mroe then a month so i gave it some more.

some other stuff i like is soluble root enhancer by down to earth (40% humic acid, endo&ecto mychorizae) http://www.horticulturesource.com/d...3329/?osCsid=fc03c49aa512094b3963a0ae9d1a55d4 , dr earth starter fertilizer has got probiotic and mychorizae -i like the alfalfa ingreadient though its best as a spring pre-blend, alfalfa meal or tea is nice for the natural growth stimulator and also n-k nutrients and some vitamins, i like kelp meal too and often mix it with alfalfa and guano for a top dress -under the bark mulch. resently i added some vermicrop amendment and kelp meal, probly make some alfalfa tea but its all around the age old. -my partner doesnt use muhc els i dont think, not near as much as me but i also picked up this guano last year -its suposed to be a good for transition, mocha guano. http://www.botanical.com/hydro/nutrients/misc.html

i want to add that bio-bizz is compatable and bio-grow wont hurt anything but your wallet, its got more k then n and i vegged my plants w/it indoors since feb w/biobizz also earth juice but thoes are my indoor nutes. i transitioned to age old befor puting them outside w/the young mixer and raindrip irrigation.

THC123

Veteran
you can find any organic nute at your local garden center

look for approx 7-3-5 for veg

and for example 6-7-8 for flowering , just put on the top soil and you are good , bear in mind it needs 2 weeks to work!

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Beer batter- kickass name, and an even better first post. Soulds like ya have a nice lil setup. I'm definitely getting a proportioner for next year. Is there a way I can brew up, say a 250 gallon batch of compost tea, then add it to the proportioner for drip feed? That would be the trick.

beer batter

id scratch any top-dressing amendment in, if your useing mulch and their roots thick in top soil then i would add some fresh soil mixed with the amendments and pull your mulch back over the base of the plant. something that poped into mind is a huge plasic drum or 250 gal would need to be reiforced i bet, metal maby. but my budy has got a drum in the mittle of his garden with hoses attached, dunno what for cuz he used the m/p mixer but you could run compost tea aslong as it doesnt clog the system. only liquid fertilizers can be used w/it but thats inside of the bag, your tea would be pumped pased the bag and mixed with nutrient correct right? -that would probly work, solong the liquid inside the tank between irrigations doesnt go bad caus it'd be the first stuff the plants would get. -another reason to irrigate in the morning when the lines arnt real hot and theirs a chance of irrigating with hot water for the first few seconds anyhow. -if the line could be flushed, like the tank too that'd lower the risk of your tea going bad in rought to the palnts

THC123

Veteran
yeah i did the same thing with my frisian 1 month ago , i prepared amened soil and threw it on top , rain did the rest:yeahthats

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
yes and it also helps keep bugs away. Its made to kill grass/weeds so we dont have to mow or have our buds hit the dirt/grass/weeds.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
its been in place for about 1-2 weeks and its been 105-110F and no ill-effects! But I will keep that in mind!.

B

BigTex

I use SuperBloom 10-52-10. It's chemical & cheap and I've never heard of anyone else at icmag using it, but it's sold everywhere and I get good results with it.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
any input is welcome. I have about 3-4 weeks to decide and then I'm off to cali to see what I can make happen!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
gPb
Howzit brother..?? Its been a long ass time and i must say yer gurls are friggn kicking ass right along... what a menu to choose from mmmmhmmm... Ill bbl to peep some updates... peace...

sack

Latest posts

Latest posts