What's new

OT X IBG & TSI FLY... OH YEAH!

the gnome

Veteran
ok we gots this ball a rolling :bigeye:
I think I have enough to make a good start
picture.php

my 1st MOSCA rodeo with tsi fly and IBG on the menu and things are starting to look good.
i have several other threads started on these so they will all be linked to this one

i had great germ rates on both with the IBG cracking in less than 16 hrs. the final tally for up and running is IBG 8
and tsi fly 7
it was 9 & 8 but both had a lone runt that won't be included.

IBG's were up potted to 1 gallon bags earlier this week with the tsi flies getting the same this weekend.

they'll live under HO T5s with 6500K bulbs for the next few weeks
then hit the 1000w big boys with the next up-pot.
I love it when they hit the MH's and are repotted, growth is so dynamic at that stage!
Ive been using FFOF cut w/perlite 3:1 but with this grow I have a big bale of promix bx and have cut the OF about 30% with the PM.
plants and seedlings seem to love it and I've noticed I don't have to water as much.
I have a mixed bag of left over fertz,
FF grow big and tiger bloom
and GH's micro and bloom with koolbloom.
I like GH because don't have to buy separate veg-n-bloom nutes. in bloom i quit using the micro when i want to pull back on the N.
i am looking at possibly using humboldts gear for this round.
a good IC buddie, daheadies got me looking at it and I may give it a go using his special blend.

ok... here we are!
OT x IBG around 3 wks old
picture.php

TSI FLY, about 2 wks old

picture.php

and the group shot
picture.php

Last edited:
G

Gunnlæif

Spectacular start Gnome...tunning in to this channel often. May your hunt for keepers be guided by Odin.

the gnome

Veteran
Spectacular start Gnome...tunning in to this channel often. May your hunt for keepers be guided by Odin.

thanks gunny!
the ibg's all have a very aromatic smell with a stem rub, some sweet
some sour and some sweet-n-sour.
love the sweet ones!

along with odin's guidence may Gefion bless my endeavours :joint:

here's a top view, i just finshed up uppotting the tse fly's to 1gal bags
the sun is setting and the light is hitting them on a low angle making the contrast intense
picture.php

Last edited:
M

mosca negra

Off to a Great start there Gnome! Will be following along...

Cheers,

Mosca

the gnome

Veteran
thanks for the encouragement danks & mosca
I think it'll be hard to *not* to get a winning harvest from what I have :)

the gnome

Veteran
thanks ringmasta,
I put the tse flies in 1 gallon bags and they look bigger already LOL!
i'm gonna switch up a few things here & there and get these under a
1000w Mh in the next few days,

they'll look like different plants in a week
fresh soil and hitting the big bulb... oh yeah! :plant grow:

the ringmasta

thanks ringmasta,
I put the tse flies in 1 gallon bags and they look bigger already LOL!
i'm gonna switch up a few things here & there and get these under a
1000w Mh in the next few days,

they'll look like different plants in a week
fresh soil and hitting the big bulb... oh yeah! :plant grow:

Gotta love that burst of growth when they hit the MH/HPS. The TSI definitely got big quick for me and had a nice healthy stretch. My two TSI girls stayed shorter than the sweet tooths, but still were pushing 4.5-5ft in 3 gallon fabric pots with minimal veg time (3-4 weeks tops before put into 12/12).

You definitely did yourself right by picking up that boatload of Mosca gear Gnome. I have to say...I've been popping a lot of "higher-end" beans over the last couple years from respected breeders and Mosca has separated himself from much of the pack in my humble opinion. If not only for the uniformity and vigor of his strains...but I also find his descriptions are more spot-on than some of the other convoluted strain info you get from other companies.

Last edited:
G

Gunnlæif

I've been popping a lot of "higher-end" beans over the last couple years from respected breeders and Mosca has separated himself from much of the pack in my humble opinion. If not only for the uniformity and vigor of his strains...but I also find his descriptions are more spot-on than some of the other convoluted strain info you get from other companies.

I was thinking the same thing about Mosca's gear...feels worth every penny compared to others! :canabis:

Won't be long now Gnome, that mosca gear blows up quick under the big lights. :tiphat:

the gnome

Veteran
You definitely did yourself right by picking up that boatload of Mosca gear Gnome.

Mosca has separated himself from much of the pack in my humble opinion. If not only for the uniformity and vigor of his strains...but I also find his descriptions are more spot-on than some of the other convoluted strain info you get from other companies.

thats what got me to give mosca a go too.

4+ft is quite a stretch from 3 weeks ring.
how tall were yours going into 12/12 ?
I like to give a good 6wk veg unless its a notorious
stretcher like sdh

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

the ringmasta

thats what got me to give mosca a go too.

4+ft is quite a stretch from 3 weeks ring.
how tall were yours going into 12/12 ?
I like to give a good 6wk veg unless its a notorious
stretcher like sdh

View Image

View Image

I only veg for short periods of time because I'm currently working with 3 small flowering tents and a veg tent that all cap out at around 5-5.5ft high. Therefore I stack them in SOG style, or use a trellis net and SCROG them if it's a more branchy strain. I didn't document my last Mosca grow as closely as some past grows because I was concentrating more on outdoor at the time. I'm going to say they were probably like 8 inches at the time and definitely no longer than 3-4 full weeks of veg. Keep in mind I left these untouched too...and only transplanted once. I only had two but both probably finished at around 4.5ft. high including the pot(~10 inches I believe)...give or take a few inches in either direction.

Temps also could've also contributed to the stretch I experienced with my TSI's. Some days in the 90's before I got it leveled out.

Last edited:

Danksmith

Veteran
So now I've finally found the grow show I'll take a seat..
Always loved the stuff I've grown from mosca, hopefully I'll get something of his in my garden soon;)
Vibes your way bro!

the gnome

Veteran
HAAAAAYYY Danks!
thanks for the vibes ma man:canabis: :)
I think they're doing the trick.
my IBG has been in 1 gallon bags for less than 10 days in T5s
and they look to have doubled, maybe tripled in size :canabis:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
looking great so far.

it is true that Mosca's strains match the descriptions and the photos.

Gnome those Gh nutes are chemical right?

the gnome

Veteran
yeah mo, GH micro and bloom.
I'm running lo on my nutes and may order a new batch of something
i haven't tried yet.
a good bud here said he has very good results with s a mix of humbodlt products.
he in a in a whare house with 2 other growers and they all sell to the same dispensery,
the disp. always wants everything my bud gro's over the other two growers :chin:

Buddle

Veteran
great start..I know tsi fly cuz i bought some but what is IBG? When you say sweet you must mean Bubble gum right? it's the sweetest strain i've ever grown.Maybe the prettiest too. best wishes with these!!

the gnome

Veteran
yeah buddle, OTM x IB
old time moonshine x indiana bubbagum

they are some very good looking plants, ive got on that short and squat, very branchy.
couple of stretchers that look to be males maybe, and many have a very classic
xmas tree shape coming around, very healthy aggressive growth.
I couldn't be happier with them,
they have very healthy white fuzzy roots poking out the drainage hole so this weekend I think I'll put em in 3 gallon bags, was gonna do 2 but i want to have a nice root ball and see where these go.

ok, here's a few more pics of IBG

they have exploded under the 8 bank T5's and being put into 1gal bags.

group shot, most are branching out nicely,
I'm even getting clonable branches from the the single leaf that comes after the cots after germination :joint:
the one in the lower left corner is the shortest and branchiest of the bunch
picture.php

top view, again the lower left is the squatter and has the most spread out leaf pattern
picture.php

the tsi fly's are 7 days from last weeks transplant to gallon bags.
they seem to be a slower veg'er next to the IBgs.
still very healthy and nice big fat leaves,
we'll see where they're at in another week
picture.php

the

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts