What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oscar Mayer Bacon

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nathan's for the win!! As far as bacon, the streaky bacon looks like your best bet. But dude, I live in the States and have yet to make a bacon doughnut cheesburger. Gunna have to put that on the 'ol bucket list.

Nathan's natural casing are an awesome beef hotdog IMO.

these are the true original Nathan's Famous hotdogs, you won't find this package in your grocery store, sold by the 18 count (3 of those packs) you need to get them online here:
Nathan's Famous
Natural Casing Hotdogs

$15 for 18 dogs, but the shipping's gonna more than double that, I order 90 dogs (5X the 18 count) per year and it costs me $74.95 for the dogs & 95.00 for shipping.

These and only these are what Nathan's sells @ their restaurants as hotdogs in NY, I lived less than 2 miles from one of the last 2 remaining full sized restaurants.

aaff2079_zps2bf2b5c6.gif

and this is how deeply they grill them, they color those dogs hard and always have the buns sitting on the next row of dogs to be served, toasting/grilling the edges of the buns in the process, very tasty. At home I allow the dogs to sit 30-40 mins in my fry pan on medium low, then another 5-6 mins when I add the buns to grill 'em after buttering the edges.

OK, now back to bacon, or bacon n' fish as the case might be.

a minnesota shore lunch starts with 2 pounds of bacon (bits n' pieces) fried off in a huge 24" cast iron skillet suspended over coals by a tripod, pull the cooked bacon & add it to the baked beans that have been warming, then dust the walleye, perch, sunnies or crappie lightly in flour and fry in the bacon grease, lodge guests fishing on the lake were never late for lunch on Wolf Island.......

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
these are the true original Nathan's Famous hotdogs, you won't find this package in your grocery store, sold by the 18 count (3 of those packs) you need to get them online here:
Nathan's Famous
Natural Casing Hotdogs

$15 for 18 dogs, but the shipping's gonna more than double that, I order 90 dogs (5X the 18 count) per year and it costs me $74.95 for the dogs & 95.00 for shipping.

These and only these are what Nathan's sells @ their restaurants as hotdogs in NY, I lived less than 2 miles from one of the last 2 remaining full sized restaurants.

View Image

and this is how deeply they grill them, they color those dogs hard and always have the buns sitting on the next row of dogs to be served, toasting/grilling the edges of the buns in the process, very tasty. At home I allow the dogs to sit 30-40 mins in my fry pan on medium low, then another 5-6 mins when I add the buns to grill 'em after buttering the edges.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/HPIM2931.JPG]View Image[/url]

OK, now back to bacon, or bacon n' fish as the case might be.

a minnesota shore lunch starts with 2 pounds of bacon (bits n' pieces) fried off in a huge 24" cast iron skillet suspended over coals by a tripod, pull the cooked bacon & add it to the baked beans that have been warming, then dust the walleye, perch, sunnies or crappie lightly in flour and fry in the bacon grease, lodge guests fishing on the lake were never late for lunch on Wolf Island.......

Man those fucking hotdogs look good..
I've just eaten pizza but i could destroy those......

norcal_sourD

S4L oooooooh Weeeeeee them dogs look good! Good info on the true Nathans! I'll be grabbing some of those forthwith!

As for the cole slaw suggestion from another poster, after a recent stay in jail last month, I'll never look at slaw & baloney sandwiches AGAIN!!! ;) uuuugh lol! F this gd state man. Bunch of nazi-assed commie pricks we've become.

To the OP, have we scored any American style bacon yet? Made the burger? Inquiring minds want to know! :tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just checked my freezer, a single 6 pack of those dogs left, I got them in early October and didn't give any packs away this time.

Bacon however is the answer to everything, in a few hours I'll be enjoying a chicken breast I stuffed with jalapeno, red & green pepper, garlic & mozzarella cheese, then I wrapped that sumbitch with Wright's Apple Cured bacon.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
S4L oooooooh Weeeeeee them dogs look good! Good info on the true Nathans! I'll be grabbing some of those forthwith!

As for the cole slaw suggestion from another poster, after a recent stay in jail last month, I'll never look at slaw & baloney sandwiches AGAIN!!! ;) uuuugh lol! F this gd state man. Bunch of nazi-assed commie pricks we've become.

To the OP, have we scored any American style bacon yet? Made the burger? Inquiring minds want to know! :tiphat:

The moment passed for now but it will return soon enough. Right now i'm perfecting my home made donuts.

More bacon please. Homemade breakfast pizza with farm fresh eggs, bacon and sausage, mixed cheeses, and hot peppers. Like bacon(not fake bacon though) and hot peppers on reg pizza too. Nathans I heard was in NYC. Had some of the best pizza ever there. Look for the strip mall pizza place that has a line 20 ft line out the door at lunch. Just cheese alone will melt in your mouth. Don't remember the name and was years back, but oh so good. Do love some good baked beans too as I heard mentioned and most round here have never had good beans. Famous daves has a good restaurant version. For a quick home version, just add to a reg can of pork and beans, to your taste; ketchup, lil' mustard, brown sugar, lil' maple syrup, chopped onion, lil' horseradish, garlic, dash pepper, fav hot sauce or hot peppers and of course bacon with a lil' grease if you don't mind. Simmer and serve with lil' bacon in beans and save some bacon to top off. yumm. Wife never liked beans till she had mine. :tiphat: SR

Edit: You may not want to eat alot of beans before a night out or on a date, etc. just sayin'. Sometimes we forget till its too late lol.

Wright's Applewood Bacon is the best bacon. It's expensive where I am at, but so worth it. I won't buy any other bacon except when I get non-applewood bacon from the farmer's market. I love putting them on my burgers with blue cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, tomato, shallots and mustard.

High again... heads up fellow smokers and tokers. I just posted in the Quit Alcohol thread(great thread by the way), that Obiscoobiewonkadoobie Just landed and with out of this world seeds. Also heard, hold on to your seats, he brought some piglike creature that supposed to put our pork and bacon to shame. I freakin' wish:laughing: Munchies again, Doh... :tiphat: SR

Show me the bacon please... anyone still eating bacon. More bacon please...:thinking:wonder what else I can eat with bacon? Ideas or pics anyone. I'm thinkin some Canadian style wrapped in fatback and fried crispy. Keep the Canadian bacon moist too so it seems. Funny thing is I do not have any Canadian bacon or fatback, but does sound good. Hungry again, dag nab. peace... :tiphat: SR

rob feature

it depends on the cook or one who made the batch. So how do you cook yours. I do both pan and oven, but oven is more even and with a rack drains nice.

400 F oven is the ONLY way I'll cook bacon anymore...has the perfect texture. On brands, I usually just get the store brand - thick-sliced of course. Maybe 20-30 minutes at 400 F in a borosilicate glass dish covered with aluminum foil...can't be beat!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
wonder what else I can eat with bacon?

What can't you eat with bacon? It even works with cheese, tomato, bread, or iceberg lettuce. It might even make the grass-clippings leaf lettuces that the non-taster elites eat edible.

I tried the recommended brands, the oven, did everything exactly as the in-crowd said. Plain old fried Hormel Black Label - as the uncool have been doing all along - couldn't be beaten out. Wright in the oven was only the better bacon with Tapatio on it - but what isn't better with Tapatio - well, I'll have to try it on lettuce.

Nice German bacon. Whats a favorite bacon dish for dinner over there?
- Lettuce: Knock knock.
-Bacon: Who's there?
-Lettuce: Lettuce.
-Bacon: Lettuce who?
-Lettuce: Lettuce in, so we can eat some more bacon please.
peace... :tiphat: SR

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Nice German bacon. Whats a favorite bacon dish for dinner over there?
- Lettuce: Knock knock.
-Bacon: Who's there?
-Lettuce: Lettuce.
-Bacon: Lettuce who?
-Lettuce: Lettuce in, so we can eat some more bacon please.
peace... :tiphat: SR

Knock knock
Who's there
Bacon
You got a warrant?
No.
Fuck off then.

I can be a real wiener sometimes, but glad not Oscar Mayer.
Ever wonder how they got sooo famous like sooo many other things. Clever advertising. Couldn't leave out the Bologna song. Enjoy. peace... :tiphat: SR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aNddW2xmZp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ctNAs1K7nbo

I like German Bologna. Wunderbar

Don't forget to warsh that done now
with some healthy kool aid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yKY2O4KFmMU

Latest posts

Latest posts