What's new

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCoolSativa

did u also consider that because that 20 week plant has been producing resin for so long , some of it is over ripe , some ripe , some mid range and some a little early,
this could be playing a part in the high one gets ,
then of course how it is cured , and the length of the cure can also play a part as i mentioned ,
theres a lot to consider , lucky there are so many happy to experiment and then share their experiences with us here ,
thanks for taking the time to explain your post further ocs ,
i appreciated it and enjoyed reading your answer ...

Hey, thanks Donald. Interesting things to consider. As for the ripening, I've observed that the 18+ week plants never really stop producing white pistils, they just slow way down and the buds stop swelling. I rarely see amber trichomes on these plants and when I do they're on the lower or seeded buds. My 18-week Angel's Breath F2 ripened from the bottom up, so that's how I harvested it over a 4-week window, and it looked like a giant floppy fenotrigo popsicle in the last couple weeks.

ABF25 F123.jpg

The other thing I've observed lines up with what @Limeygreen said...the longest flowering plants really do a long cure justice, where not just the aromas but the effects improve. I grew a 20-week Puntobiche and it went from modest potency when harvested to extraordinary taste and synesthesia effects after two years in the jar. In my experience, 10-week weed starts going downhill after a 3-4 month cure.

It helps to be extraordinarily patient to grow and get the best out of the longest flowering plants.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I can say in the tropics they do ripen properly and stop that continual reproduction of while pistils ,
that may well make a world of difference , in time we will likely find these things out ..
great point on the curing and i wholeheartedly agree there,
good after 3 months , but even better after 6 ,
if when first dried its the type that gives you sweaty rushes across the head , and when u feel the middle of your head its super hot ,
then with a 6 month cure , its going to be absolute fire ,
its those kind i want to give to folks that say sativa doesn do much to them , hahahaha ,
and watch them tear off their clothes and run off into the night screaming ....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
just because a plant has thin leaf and long flowering , doesnt necessarily mean it has a specific high ,, just that chances are better than if she had fat leaf and shorter flowering times ,
visa versa when looking for couch lock , narcotic types of highs , they can come in long flowering , thin leafed plants too ,
plus we can use curing methods to alter those highs ...
(y)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
but having lived in the tropics most of my life , and growing ,
i can say that not all of those thin leafed girls are great ,
some are out of this world , some medium , some not worth growing ,
but i also tend to lean towards thinner leafed plants to fat leaf plants ,
those out of this world are worthy for sure, rest is waste of time and hybrid works better in my opinion. but right hybrid. not dutch hazes which are usually half of NL/SK/G13 except of NH.

I stated several times that haze hybrid cant replace pure haze, that extra worthy pheno I mean. those others, just nice phenos, it can replace easily... you can get happy warm high from 12weeker blue haze, you dont have to grow something 20 weeks for it.

to @Limeygreen , as far as grandfunk tolerance build up. I didnt notice anything like that. everybody has different chemistry, but to me mextasy is much less strong compared to grandfunk, and not even close to its psychoactivity. but it depends on phenos you get also. mextasy is just euphoric smoke, different category than grandfunk, it is improvement of oaxacan79 genetitcs by haze, but oaxacan79 genetics is not comparable in effect to trainwreck/thai, different category. pity you didnt get that long flowering pheno, but you got what you got... anyway, thanks for your report.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hey, thanks Donald. Interesting things to consider. As for the ripening, I've observed that the 18+ week plants never really stop producing white pistils, they just slow way down and the buds stop swelling. I rarely see amber trichomes on these plants and when I do they're on the lower or seeded buds. My 18-week Angel's Breath F2 ripened from the bottom up, so that's how I harvested it over a 4-week window, and it looked like a giant floppy fenotrigo popsicle in the last couple weeks.

View attachment 18710030
I am sorry, that plant looks very bad, not well grown at all. more like very tortured. which is typical problem with 18 weeker indoors. it apparently doesnt like your indoors.

and because 90days hybrid has better adaptability, it gives better smoke in the end, than these tortured 18weekers. of course different thing is when Donald grows it tropically outdoors.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have a 20 week aculpoco gold x haze from white buffalo and I love it, such a warm and happy high, makes you a bit loopy but you can function well and enjoy the sun, birds singing and the colours. Punto rojo you already know what I have on those but the 20-22 weeker was the best for me, colombian black 16-18 weeker.
is any of it electric?

in the end it is everybodys choice what to grow. but form me, I am not able to get such plant to full potential indoors. and that is reason I am making these hybrids. it is easy to grow and the effect is right one for me. it is not that cerebral like pure tropical cultivar(but still more cerebral than bandaid haze), I am okay with it. as I need strong herb.

you grew some toms haze crosses from me, this GF which is easy to grow. and toms haze x vb/lh fro example. and I got impression, dont want to insult you, that GF looked much better grown than AB. just my impression.

so yeah my 17 weeker keeper of toms haze is absolutely the best, when it is grown to its full potential. which I am not able to do indoors, only at greenhouse, not really full I still feel it has some reserves... so question if to grow 17 weeker not properly, versus properly grown 90days hybrid leaning to haze side, indoors, well it is not question for me. because what really matters is if it was grown properly.

nobody has so strong desire to move to tropical island and grow only 24 weekers than me. but I have to live real life here, and for my point of view it seems to me that to grow 22 weekers indoors is kind of romance, romantics. which I have nothing against, if it is part of somebodys enjoying life. but this kind of romantics is causing me more difficulties than benefit. I hate to be realist, but only manageable hybrids for me indoors. I am sure that most indoor growers think like that.

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Certainly. FWIW, I was replying to MK's post (#1227).

I disagree that there is no connection between shape of leaf and effect. Of course there is, at least in my experience. While there are always outliers, skinny-leaf plants tend to have a less narcotic effect than broad leaf. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, but I have used leaf morphology as one of my selection criterion for plants in veg, and especially with landrace sativas, it has been my experience that the plants with the skinniest leaves often turn out to be the keepers when selecting for quality of effect, which is what I select for. Obviously there are other selection criteria, but for plants in veg, all you really have is leaf morphology, internodal spacing, hollow stems, and aroma. Not surprisingly, long skinny leaves usually correlate with longer internode spacing, because it's a sativa characteristic.

I disagree with the statement that most of the long-flowering plants are not worthy, and that you need to find that one in 50 or 100. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe it's because I try to start with good genetics. but I not only prefer the long-flowering (18+ weeks) plants, but I select for long flowering. Yes, again there are exceptions, but it has been my experience with sativas and with haze hybrids that the longest flowering ones give me the effects I prefer. I smoked trip weed in 1974 or 1975 that gave me full on hallucinations. Haven't seen it since. There are over 5,300 replies to the "search for trip weed" thread and as far as I can tell nobody has really found it. Why? Because in 1975 the only weed you could buy was grown in tropical climates and took forever to flower, and since then every breeder of note has worked to reduce flower time. Magical effects take time, and some things can't be hurried.

I disagree strongly that the look of buds has nothing to do with smoke effect. I'd always prefer to smoke a Grinspoon-looking bud than a round, dense Indica golf ball. I select for fenotrigo bud structure and on every occasion I've grown a plant with that structure the effect has been extraordinary. Those who have come close to finding trip weed will probably tell you the plant had airy sativa buds and/or fenotrigo structure. Fenotrigo structure takes a long time to develop...you don't even see it start until 12-14 weeks.

I disagree that the time for producing resin is the same for 90-day plants and 120-day plants. A 120-day plant starts to produce resin at week 4, and finishes at 17 weeks. That's 90 days of resin production. I prefer 140-day plants. A 20-week sativa will produce resin for 14-15 weeks. More importantly, that extra time allows the plant to develop the necessary systems to produce truly special cannabinoid and terpene profiles that are simply not available in a 90-day plant.

I disagree that Bandaid Haze looks like a pure sativas because it doesn't, at least to me. And some NH plants can look decidedly non sativa.

This is all subjective but this has been my experience.

Proud to be an "extremist."
Also my experience OCS said it better.

why we cant judge it all based on leaf morphology , length of flowering etc ,
I am. After 50+ years of growing, in lots of places with the best seeds and cuts the world has had to offer, that I have found my best herb smoke from floofy/fenotrigo type plants/buds that were longer flowering. BUT(big bold but) just because it was , long flowering or narrow leaf did not meant it would be trip weed. There is a spectrum of results depending on How, When and Where, and it has never been as easy the longer the flowering period was, to bring it to optimum, which is what it takes to be trip weed quality.
I love the Bandaid Haze #7 cut beautiful, productive, very strong plant, but it has wide leaves with a Haze high, that's the beauty of Cannabis, like DM said.
It's all about what we each individually prefer/ our level of experience, some love wide leaf 8-10 week Kush and thats all they ever know and are satisfied for life. Myself and others who have had the opportunity to be amazed back in the 60's and 70's with a good Thai Stick or some such long flowered import have wandered through that spectrum looking for clues and some sort of path to finding that feeling again. Along the way I have experienced fleeting tastes of it again but it was always on a long flowering, hard to grow, narrow leaf plant, that was hard to keep reproducing. Meanwhile those who have only experienced 8-10 week wide leaf plants have no idea, because those 8 week plants are great too. Like I've always said and will always say, "It's all good, just different" depending on your level of experience.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
It's all about what we each individually prefer/ our level of experience, some love wide leaf 8-10 week Kush and thats all they ever know and are satisfied for life. Myself and others who have had the opportunity to be amazed back in the 60's and 70's with a good Thai Stick or some such long flowered import have wandered through that spectrum looking for clues and some sort of path to finding that feeling again. Along the way I have experienced fleeting tastes of it again but it was always on a long flowering, hard to grow, narrow leaf plant, that was hard to keep reproducing. Meanwhile those who have only experienced 8-10 week wide leaf plants have no idea, because those 8 week plants are great too. Like I've always said and will always say, "It's all good, just different" depending on your level of experience.
well I think that most of us who grow haze hybrids will agree with it.

it is not our case here in this thread, that we would grow kushes only. debate is not kushes vs. hazes.

you are just freak who will grow 18 weeker indoors :D, very properly it seems, but most of us dont have such skills or are not willing to pay electricity bill for it. but I ask you about how many growers like you, you know? I am definitely not the one.

does this look good to you or like kush? properly grown and sativa enough?
1652367172000.png

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I love the Bandaid Haze #7 cut beautiful, productive, very strong plant, but it has wide leaves with a Haze high
for example this I will never agree with. for me bandaid haze has NLhaze effect, not real haze effect. where is electricity? where is raciness? and why is it not energetic?

I crossed it with black vietnamese and hugely improved it to the sativa side.

instead of BH7 I will grow grandfunk, and instead of boring kush haze flat effect, I will get:

"The best effect one that is chunkier and uneasy electric is great, makes you pace around, jittery body, introspective for sure, good taste of lemon woody" LimeyGreen about grandfunk.

Last edited:

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AW #6, Haze poly hybrid I’m messing with, retains the 70% or better female ratio of THOHaze. This one came down last night, most all 10 weeks this month. Was expecting 12wks or better, this gal has cloudy, clear and ambers at 74 days.
like any haze hybrid, guy is trying to get that hazy toke into a heavier bud. I like the haze plant frame, want a big stretchy open plant, with a tight hazey bud.

KKSC, is afghani x Haze, just took it for granted we all knew that.

Attachments

• AFE97283-7EF5-4E5F-9BE2-6048CDCBDA7F.jpeg
    AFE97283-7EF5-4E5F-9BE2-6048CDCBDA7F.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 73
  • 279BC9DD-E0D9-40B2-AEA0-0438BC7CD74A.jpeg
    279BC9DD-E0D9-40B2-AEA0-0438BC7CD74A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 8E8E1B9E-ADAD-46A7-A068-36B91AA91F2C.jpeg
    8E8E1B9E-ADAD-46A7-A068-36B91AA91F2C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 389B9A35-B597-4CC9-A799-E7B21104F71F.jpeg
    389B9A35-B597-4CC9-A799-E7B21104F71F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 194BDCEA-6EC0-4D91-8035-129F2D36FDCB.jpeg
    194BDCEA-6EC0-4D91-8035-129F2D36FDCB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70

elanius

Veteran
as someone also with a lot of PK experience.. I can attest that that pic you posted of the pk x I haze looked fucking insane and is prolly insanely potent.
I’ve become obsessed with making something similar now haha.
gonna cross a pk to the haley comet for sure.

And @MAHA KALA all these hybrids of yours look great too

thanks man and good luck, PK is like a good chilly sauce, you can pair it with everything. One of the phenos of Haze x Kush smells like creamy vanilla fuel and kush, intoxicating...I will post some more pics soon. (Not here, dont worry Maha, I know there is no love for Kush in here lol)

elanius

Veteran
I not only prefer the long-flowering (18+ weeks) plants, but I select for long flowering. Yes, again there are exceptions, but it has been my experience with sativas and with haze hybrids that the longest flowering ones give me the effects I prefer.

Absolutely, every time I grow pure NLD I just hope it will flower as long as possible, also from my experience the longest flowering plants were in most cases the best. I found plant in O.Haze that was done in about 14 week and I remember being disappointed, even before testing her. I guess I became extremist too lol

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
this is a juicy woo rooted clone from seed mom. I had the seed plant nicely trained with 4 main colas ready for flower and my dog got into the flower room and knocked over a couple plants and bit off one of the colas and damaged the stem on the juicy woo so I decided to flower the clone. bad dog 🐕! Anyhow, here is the clone in a 1gal container going into flower in next couple days. I just hope I can contain her in my room as I only have about 7 feet of clearance which is why I trained her with multiple top originally. On the bright side, I now have three nice colas to make clones from in the event I get a nice blue haze pheno.

20220512_160107.jpg
20220510_202811.jpg
20220510_202744.jpg
20220512_160038.jpg
20220510_202908.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts