What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

Hasch

learning and laughing
IMG_20230904_113941.jpg

12/12 started 9 days ago.
About 77cm high

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I read somewhere that the Chinese Yunnan was acquired from Australia. Maybe Dubi can confirm or not? If I'm wrong please delete.
Wherever it is from I really liked the OE, and it is nothing like your average Dutch hybrid.
yes from the chinese in australia ,
though maybe they got it originally from old mate rod ,
i know he did some business with them many years ago in the early days of ace seeds ....

I posted all i know about the origins of our China Yunnan line in this post in the China Yunnan thread 9 years ago:

@Donald Mallard my memory is not the best, but cannot remember rod you comment.
As stated in the post in the link, the chinese seeds came from a person nicknamed kernal kosmix more than 20 years ago, from an online perservation community that even pre dated Vibes collective some like to name when they were not even there.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Unfortunately I lost the clone during a power outage and decided it was fate so I put a Tikal seed in the bucket instead.

#1 resilient, beautiful plant

Aug 3
View attachment 18880547

View attachment 18880549

Aug 22 50% bigger through stretch
View attachment 18880550

View attachment 18880551

#2 my slender mistress this year

Aug 3

View attachment 18880556
View attachment 18880558

Aug 22 super branchy into flower. congo #2 behind, congo #3 left

View attachment 18880559 View attachment 18880564

Really beautiful Vietnamese sativa dom expressions on your 2 Orient Express females @early_hominid :D
Sorry if you mentioned it earlier: are you growing the regular or feminized version ? Looks like they started to flower on the second half of August there. Hope they are doing great!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking indoor OE female @Hasch :) Thanks for choosing 2 classic ACE strains such as Orient Express and Bangi Haze for your first grow with our genetics. She started robust and wide leaved China indica dom style, but now she is entering into flowering she is showing more and more sativa traits with that stretching and strong side branching. Are you growing the fem version ?

early_hominid

Really beautiful Vietnamese sativa dom expressions on your 2 Orient Express females @early_hominid :D
Sorry if you mentioned it earlier: are you growing the regular or feminized version ? Looks like they started to flower on the second half of August there. Hope they are doing great!

Thanks dubi! They are both killer plants, tons of buds and resin. From fem seed

#1 is creamy, spicy, and herbal

IMG_6117.jpeg

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6120.jpeg

#2 has a floral, earthy dankness similar to my indoor run earlier this year, but it's a little creamier and quieter

IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
When about can I check which phenotype it is?

Let's wait till flowering is more advanced @Hasch to be able to evaluate more traits.

They look wonderful in early flowering @early_hominid both entering flowering stage with a healthy green color, and defining big, promising flower structures. Female 2 looks more resinous so far.

early_hominid

What a color palette in those photos @mycelium, beautiful!

I'm just about to chop my two OE, here's some pics. From some early sampling #1 is high THC similar to my indoor run, and #2 is less potent and might have a balanced chemotype.

#1 Getting no direct sun her last 3 weeks, and showing some mite attack since the tropical storm, but she's holding on well

IMG_6390.jpeg

IMG_6393.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts