What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely @early_hominid :D I remember you already grew Orient Express indoors before, glad to see you have germinated a couple more for this outdoor season. Please, keep us updated. Happy farming!

Felice

First smoke test done during weekend.

The Vietnam Black forrest-smelling pheno seems to be either relatively low on THC or some kind of balanced CBD-THC chemotype. No problem smoking a full joint by myself with a very mellow effect, normally I smoke a few puffs at a time, and 1 joint lasts me 1 evening, on this one I could keep on rolling new ones, no prblem.
Taste wise this is very interesting, as it has an almost tobacco-like flavor but very mild.

The China Yunnan sweet&sour pheno seems to contain more psychoactivity, I guess this is around 10% THC or a bit higher THC complemented by some CBD. Similiar to the other pheno a very mellow effect, but definitely more noticeable, enjoyable High feeling. As well very easy to consume, you can keep on rolling joints of this one as well - flavor wise more on the sour side.

Both phenos, even thoough they were just harvested this month, very mild and not provoking any coughing - I think with 2 months of cure the flavors will shine :)

revegeta666

First smoke test done during weekend.

The Vietnam Black forrest-smelling pheno seems to be either relatively low on THC or some kind of balanced CBD-THC chemotype. No problem smoking a full joint by myself with a very mellow effect, normally I smoke a few puffs at a time, and 1 joint lasts me 1 evening, on this one I could keep on rolling new ones, no prblem.
Taste wise this is very interesting, as it has an almost tobacco-like flavor but very mild.

The China Yunnan sweet&sour pheno seems to contain more psychoactivity, I guess this is around 10% THC or a bit higher THC complemented by some CBD. Similiar to the other pheno a very mellow effect, but definitely more noticeable, enjoyable High feeling. As well very easy to consume, you can keep on rolling joints of this one as well - flavor wise more on the sour side.

Both phenos, even thoough they were just harvested this month, very mild and not provoking any coughing - I think with 2 months of cure the flavors will shine :)
You just harvested them? Don't you think they would need a little bit of curing before you assume their chemical compositions? Sativa effects usually vary wildly from a couple weeks after harvest, to a couple months curing, at least in my experience 🧐

El Timbo

Classic looking sativa dom OE pheno @El Timbo :D Are you already starting to enjoy it ?
Indeed I am! In the volcano the first bag at level 5 is very smooth, creamy, floral maybe a touch of orange. It makes a lot of thick vapour. The effect is very balanced between body and head - I like to work on body posture when I'm high, some hybrids are just right for the mind/muscle connection - this is one.

I also did some summer watering of my various "normal" plants - very nice connection with nature and water and it left me lost a few times standing motionless, hose in hand, not really sure if I was coming or going (which was nice).

I'm very happy to have it in my stash!

Lebanizer

One thing that worries me is that last time i was there a chinese friend told me they got geneics from amsterdam growing up in the mountains, i guess this is good the local stoners and western backpackers but not for us that wanna save landraces.
Could it be that the Yunnan Indica is actually an obscure Dutch hybrid or some kind of Dutch hybrid x local feral plant ?

Like you think you're having ginger duck when in fact you're eating rollmops :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Rollmops 😳

I love my rollmops 🧐

Can't imagine some obscure strain from the Netherlands passing as an indiginous strain for such a long time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
you are very funny @Lebanizer .... did the owner of the real bulk seed co put this garbage into your brain ?
That man that not even grows or breeds the seeds he sells, and comes to my stand during fairs like a fake person pretending to be someone else ?

early_hominid

I've got two OE stashed around the garden, and I cloned the narrower leaf to run indoors in hydro.

Unfortunately I lost the clone during a power outage and decided it was fate so I put a Tikal seed in the bucket instead.

#1 resilient, beautiful plant

Aug 3
IMG_5623.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

Aug 22 50% bigger through stretch
IMG_5822.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

#2 my slender mistress this year

Aug 3

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5673.jpeg

Aug 22 super branchy into flower. congo #2 behind, congo #3 left

IMG_5846.jpeg
IMG_5850.jpeg

Hasch

learning and laughing
IMG_20230829_121539.jpg

Day 29
The young lady is starting to push side shoots and trying to catch up to her BangiHaze sister

I guess I over did the fertilizer in the soil a bit 😁
Top leaves all have lighter tips.
Am hoping she will adapt, especially when she starts to stretch 🤞🏼

Just began 12/12 two days ago

george7

Could it be that the Yunnan Indica is actually an obscure Dutch hybrid or some kind of Dutch hybrid x local feral plant ?

Like you think you're having ginger duck when in fact you're eating rollmops :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seems you love conspiracy theories.

Orient express and the yunnan aromas and effects have nothing similar to any western or dutch hybrids.
Plus if im not mistaken dubi acquired the first seeds many many years ago way before any possible hybrid contamination in the area.

Lebanizer

Orient express and the yunnan aromas and effects have nothing similar to any western or dutch hybrids.
Plus if im not mistaken dubi acquired the first seeds many many years ago way before any possible hybrid contamination in the area.
Thanks for the abuse. Where exactly did I mention anything about a conspiracy ?

george7

Abuse?
All i meant by "conspiracy theories" was you re creating scenarios in your brain when its pretty evident that (if you ve grown or smoked these strains), they have nothing to do with dutch or western Hybrids. Anyways, english is not my native language , if saying the word conspiracy is considered such an insult and abuse, then i apologize.
Anyways dont wanna continue the conversation and turn this thread into an argument.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I read somewhere that the Chinese Yunnan was acquired from Australia. Maybe Dubi can confirm or not? If I'm wrong please delete.
Wherever it is from I really liked the OE, and it is nothing like your average Dutch hybrid.

goingrey

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I read somewhere that the Chinese Yunnan was acquired from Australia. Maybe Dubi can confirm or not? If I'm wrong please delete.
Wherever it is from I really liked the OE, and it is nothing like your average Dutch hybrid.
Dunno if from the land down under or where but this is the story from the CY thread.

I received the chinese yunnan seeds around 2002 from kernal kosmix (who unfortunatly passed away a few years later). At that time, we were in a now disappeared internet preservation forum sharing landrace genetics. I didn't pick up the seeds in person in Yunnan, kernal told me the seeds came from chinese inmigrants that were working in his area.

The seeds had a medium/small size, pale on color without (or very little) mottling. I grew them all and i found what seemed to be a landrace hash plant indica (columnar, compact, fast flowering, resinous) but with different traits to the afghani and pakistani strains i experienced before.

Around the same time i also was growing thais and other SE asian sativas, the chinese yunnan was clearly indica but had some features that reminded me northern thai/burmese strains, especially for the taste/aroma and start of the effect. It was obviously a landrace rich in THC (it was very psychoactive, not hempy kind of population). The chinese yunnan effect was at the end relaxed and meditative and i always have had the feeling that the line has some amounts of CBD too.

Thinking about the origins of cannabis, Yunnan location, ancient medical uses of chinese culture with cannabis and the mixed traits between what is classicaly consider cannabis indica traits and SE asian sativa traits, it was/is my guess that this chinese line and probably other strains from this area of the world are probably the connection between the more extreme cannabis indica strains from Afghanistan, Pakistan, North India ... and the extreme tropical sativas from SE asia. It's only my opinion, and i think the only way to know it for sure would be to make dna analysis of this unhybridized asian landraces to learn more about where the psychoactive cannabis evolved and how they genetically changed in the different geographical areas were they were spread and under the breeding pressure from different human populations.

Now the genetists have the knowledge and technology to make this kind of studies, we already know more about the origins of human populations, animals and vegetables thanks to dna studies so i think is only a matter of time that serious genetic studies about cannabis and its origin are finally done.

6 years ago i received other seeds from Yunnan province that were radically different, super big and mottled, the contact told me the yunnanese people used the seeds as a food. I grew them too, they were a hempy population with none or very little psychoactive value. China is huge and i'm sure there is a huge genetic diversity in chinese cannabis landraces.

This is the background i can share about the origins of the chinese yunnan line we have been working with since the very early days of ACE Seeds.

Sam, you are a very fortunate person to have the talent, experience and resources to explore big landrace populations and to develop excepcional strains (psychoactive or not).

Kind regards! dubi

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Do you think that is a relative to Ace's China Yunnan?

I think it came from Australia
yep i read that too ,
they sourced their yunnan indica from australia also ,
my mate moonunit said it was anti anxiety weed ,
so it helped calm down the aussie bushweed that could sometimes be a bit over the top and induced paranoia and anxiety , he mixed the two together along with png gold and came up with a lovely variety ...
The search engine leaves a little to be desired. I can't find a quote from Dubi, but maybe this is where I read it, in a Cambodian thread? Anyway, I was sure I read something years ago about it and as I'm from Australia was a little surprised? We do have a large Chinese community so it's not out of the question. I'm not suggesting it isn't originally from Yunnan just to be clear.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
The search engine leaves a little to be desired. I can't find a quote from Dubi, but maybe this is where I read it, in a Cambodian thread? Anyway, I was sure I read something years ago about it and as I'm from Australia was a little surprised? We do have a large Chinese community so it's not out of the question. I'm not suggesting it isn't originally from Yunnan just to be clear.
yes from the chinese in australia ,
though maybe they got it originally from old mate rod ,
i know he did some business with them many years ago in the early days of ace seeds ....