What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

Nizla

cbd is essentially a thc antidote. so if a line is already mid range thc, having 8 percent cbd could balance the effect out to zero. imo any cbd over 1 percent has no place in a drug line. its strictly for medical purposes. also quick drying is never going to impart a good effect. it severly reduces the amount of thca to thc conversion. decarb is not automatically 100 percent efficient with an inconsistent thermal temp. oe is high in sesquiterpenes which take longer to volatize then monoterpenes. this is why sativa in general need more time to cure before the true profile is reached.
For this CBD is an antidote to THC:
Could you provide some scientific proof? I heard it before, but can't confirm it from my practical experience (eg I had CBD buds with 50% CBD, which I mixed with my standard weed and still got high af)
And with the curing I Def hope to see some change, but until now it's clearly no psychoactive effect at all.
Smoked half of a ultra fat 2-3g joint yesterday with my significant other after a week of no THC. We just had the body relaxing effects of CBD and other Cannabinoids for a short time after smoking.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Sorry that it not worked out for you...
Maybe you are just too much used to smoking super potent cookie gorilla superhero nuclear strike kush strains!? Too high tolerance or you have to open your mind, i don't know. But i know OE is not advertised as such potent strain, it's different like most landraces which are not only breeded for potency and bag appeal like many commercial strains.

I just germinated my OE fem. seed, it will be the 3rd strain i grow from ACE. I had Panama and Malawi x NL(also made a new strain with it) and the plants and final products were exactly as advertised, including the high, bud structure etc. Very honest on point breeding. :)

20230301_115509-01.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Nizla i'm very sorry to hear your OE fem harvest didn't meet your expectations for psychoactivity :(

Plants looked great while finishing though. Yes, THC and CBD are antagonist, so if you got balanced THC-CBD chemotypes and you have high THC tolerance then most probably the effects of these flowers will be mild for you.

Both China Yunnan and Orient Express can produce CBD phenos, this info is included in both strain descriptions on our website. Better choose Golden Tiger fem next time for very strong THC psychoactivity.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really like the early sativa dom pheno you got @StrongTree :) Resinous, fast ripening, great flower/leaf ratio and tamed for indoor growing, yet showing lots of Vietnam Black sativa influence :yes:

Good luck with yours @Mitsuharu ;)

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Hey @goingrey , no this will be a window grow(east - south)... so only semi semi outdoor. 😅

Unfortunately my seedling has problems coming out of its shelf. It's already out of the soil but still with the helmet on. But i killed some plants in the past when 'helping' so i will wait...

goingrey

Hey @goingrey , no this will be a window grow(east - south)... so only semi semi outdoor. 😅

Unfortunately my seedling has problems coming out of its shelf. It's already out of the soil but still with the helmet on. But i killed some plants in the past when 'helping' so i will wait...
Nice. I'm gonna put my kitchen window to good use as well again this year but I think it's too early for photo strains, you don't think it will get too big? Or maybe you have huge windows hehe.

chilliwilli

Waterboy

Spraying helps with those helmets. I didn't see that any more since i bury my seeds deeper(min 2cm).

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Nice. I'm gonna put my kitchen window to good use as well again this year but I think it's too early for photo strains, you don't think it will get too big? Or maybe you have huge windows hehe.
Nah, i can put her in the dark, it's in my living space anyway... just don't use pots that are too big, i think 7L will be the final one.

She's coming now! 🥳 😁

20230305_100324-01.jpeg

Consolidated

I will use the same method (semi-outdoor) @Mitsuharu in my window, with 6-7 hours of direct sun and I will help them a little for a few hours with SIL leds, mostly in veg..... I think I'll go with an auto Zam and a Killer A5 or a P x M... initially ....
Cheers

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Cool @Consolidated ! :cool:

I got only around 4 - 5 hours direct sun with good weather but always get good results. Also it's getting pretty bright in the early evening again because other houses with glas reflecting the sun. :) Btw, it's snowing here today ^^ , West-Germany, 51° North. I think i will help a bit with CFL/LED too till the weather gets better...

✌️

Chi13

ICMag Donor
cbd is essentially a thc antidote. so if a line is already mid range thc, having 8 percent cbd could balance the effect out to zero. imo any cbd over 1 percent has no place in a drug line. its strictly for medical purposes. also quick drying is never going to impart a good effect. it severly reduces the amount of thca to thc conversion. decarb is not automatically 100 percent efficient with an inconsistent thermal temp. oe is high in sesquiterpenes which take longer to volatize then monoterpenes. this is why sativa in general need more time to cure before the true profile is reached.
I am a prescribed medical user and a variety I use is 6% THC/6% CBD. It has a great effect. If I had to guess I would say THC is about double due to the effect. It is relaxing and motivational, but also fairly mild and paranoid free, but you still notice you are high, and long lasting. I still like my ultra sativa highs, Thai, hazes, Africans, but CBD has its place. I can very much enjoy a high that CBD is part of.

The Orient Express I grew had a great high. I miss it.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
It's thinner than it looks in the photos, was hanging down so i cautious put it on the edge and don't wanna move it now, standing under 4w LED.

Do you think it could grow roots like a cutting at the injury spot when underground?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
It's thinner than it looks in the photos, was hanging down so i cautious put it on the edge and don't wanna move it now, standing under 4w LED.

Do you think it could grow roots like a cutting at the injury spot when underground?
Is worth a try but could take long time. I once broke a seedling that grew to long(spargel) and put it in an indoor fountain and it grew roots after some months.