What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organics round 2

Bmac1

Veteran
It was easy for the move and i should have bought a bail or two of promix then. Its not too bad though and the contractor bags help.

I got a new batch of soil mixed up, same recipe as the beginning of this thread but i feel i may have used a bit more than half the bail to start so i may add more to the mix. I did buy some mykepro mycohorizea to help out the roots. I put a pinch in the solo cups once the new clones were ready to go in them.

The new cuts i got are a Sunshine Daydream clone that i managed to get backed up with a couple people before i shut down. I didnt get to flower her but it turns out that like many others in the line, its pretty nice. I also got a selection of Cherry Blossom from the swamp boys i believe. Im told it has a great high and a nice orange flavor.

I also got some rooted cuts of what i am told is SFV OG, green crack and ubc chemo. I hope they are indeed legit but time will tell.

I had planned on getting a couple cmh lights but the ones i sourced are apparently unbranded cheap chinese units so im not sure i want to float 700 pesos out on a whim. I may just rock the 600w hps for another run or two. I need a new filter as well but the ball is rolling now so hopefuly not long before some action.

Still waiting/ hoping on another couple of nice additions to the garden.

rykus

My SSDD are looking very nice! not as fluffy as i imagined with the veg growth, and nice sugar coating now at day 40-45 ish range... the GTH is finally getting bud, lol and the dank haze is kinda stealing the show with a crazy heavy flower set and a wierd aroma im still trying to decide if i like, lol

very excited to see your chemo and SFV OG!

filters will be required ,lol!

Bmac1

Veteran
Id love to see some pics rykus. The dank haze i thought was straight pine in veg. What smells 8s she putting out now? Glad to hear hey are turning out well.

I added gg#4 and lime cookies back to the table today. As long as they root that is so lets not jynx it, lol.

Bmac1

Veteran
Well folks, its been a minute. Ive got the flower tent set up finally, a new mountain air filter which is a fair bit smaller than the Can filter I had been using and we are ready to roll, almost. Im told that this new filter should be equivalent.

Thanks to a couple of great people i have been able to put most of my stable back together for the most part. Along with some new additions. For this first run in the new place, there are 7 cuts in 3 gal pots of the same organic mix. This time i did add some additional mycohorizea in the form of a product call Mykos. I have the following cuts in the big tent vegging as of last night.

2- Sunshine Daydream
2- Cherry Blossom
1- SFV OG
1- UBC Chemo
1- Green Crack

The last 3, i have not run before and do hope they are indeed legit. I did add the GG#4 and the lime cookies back but they were too small at this time to make it in but they will both be held closely. Still hoping to add the forum cut and a couple others. I also have to crack some beans for a Bodhi test that i said i would do. They are blue dream x Ssdd and should be very nice.

I am in the process of getting legal which will allow me to dig a little deeper into the seed stash. Ill get some pics up by this weekend.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oi, I feel your pain now.

New property manager wants inspections all around. Literally just moved the last of my stuff in here and started setting up one room for grow, one for processing rosin.

And now to pack it all up, move it, unpack, wait, pack, move it and unpack.

4 truckloads each way. Fun with a capital Fuck.

Bmac1

Veteran
It certainly is no fun. That is a fact.

I got some cover crop seeds today for the flower pots and will sprinkly them on tonight. Ill try a living mulch this time around with white dutch clover, crimson clover and hairy vetch. I really had no idea what 500g of seeds looked like so i ordered way more than i thought i was, lol.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hah I still have half a pound or so, mayble I'll green carpet something. That Gnatrol will come in handy, they love the living mulch.

Bmac1

Veteran
The gnatrol should be here next week sometime. The little buggers have been a fixture over the past few grows. I recently saw someone say that they had never seen them infest a live mulch but hey, i will find out soon enough. Maybe my next mix will include more neem meal amd maybe some keranja too if i can find it.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It could have been the plants more than anything re: basil and a few other herbs.

Bmac1

Veteran
I know it hasnt exactly been riveting theater in here as of late. I dont have a computer at the moment so the pics have been pretty much non existent. I figured id update regardless.

I had 7 plants in there but have decided to cull one of the ssdd as she will not be a keeper. Very very branchy but way too floppy and not as vigorous as i like.

I am also battling with my first run in of real pests. I spotted mites on the chemo, green crack and the sfv. I sprayed 3 days ago with sm90, neem amd water. I have not seen any since but will spray again tomorrow or Monday. I also have some spinosad on the way to give them a third spray 5 days later.

Ill be taking cuts from the cherry blossom as she has great structure and vigor. I also need a nice day time smoke in the stable and im told she fits that bill nicely. Ive culled all clones except the lime cookies and the gg4, they are my two keepers thus far to start the stable. The glu is showing some signs of not being too happy since the spray but im confident she will be ok. I got them both potted up into 1 gal air pots where they will stay as mothers.

It also frees up some space to start popping beans. The cover crops are looking good. Should i let them grow wild or is it ok to trim it back?

Tomorrow will be day one of flower and ill be trying 11 on 13 off this round.

Ill get pics as soon as i can.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Thanks for the updates. Mites always show up indoors around here this time of year. Diligence gets the job done.
Looking forward to the next pics. Whatever you want with the cover crops is fine.

Bmac1

Veteran
My first dance with the little buggers. I havent seen any since i sprayed. There was no damage on the plants and i did not see two spots on them so im not sure exactly what kind they were. Pretty much white and look like spider mites.

rykus

Keep the SSDD! i did the same thing, but it actually made big nice flowers and held them up decently as well.... and the smoke kills the others i tried last run... shwatzied mine and they responded well(took all the leaf off at click).

hope all is well friend and best of luck! check out bio best for in the mail live pest management solutions, very recomended... but if gnats are a steady issue your over doing the moisture... imo anyways.

just cut the GTH#1 at day99, lol starting to cuase issue for my other run because i couldnt spray till i cut them. one was very done one mid and one was still pumping white hairs so i bet you could go even longer,lol..

cheers, hope all is well

Bmac1

Veteran
Hey rykus, ill take a cut or two of the ssdd just in case. I love bow branchy she is but she just isnt keeping up to the others in the vigor department.

I have not seen a single gnat since going with the cover crop. I got some gnatrol just in case but have not needed it.

99 days on the gth? Wow. I never got a run in with her as i was at 5 weeks when i had to cut down the crop. How did the dank haze turn out? How long did she flower?

rykus

the dank haze was actually super nice as well, finished up around day 70 i figure, could probably let her go a bit more even to get the real bubble out calyx sour look, but i had rot a bit and they look greener before day 70, and get a bit of the darker green/orange look when taken super long(i took one to 77-80).

structure was awesome, no real tie ing needed, few stakes kept 6ft tall ones up. got 3 lbs off 8-10 in 15 gals with 25 day veg... pretty average.

bud was big and didnt shrink much, just big node spaces kept wieght down. had some flowers at flower set(male ones) so i got a bit of seed.. def gotta keep an eye on that.. smoke was decent too. good sour smell, not a crazy knock out... im going to hunt the S1 a bit..

but yeah i kept her too, lol...

the SSDD has a good smoke though... thinking that Bohdi male might be a good strong parent!

cheers

Bmac1

Veteran
Seems that it never fails to go wrong over the past couple of attempts. Last time i was just about to really get rocking when i had to tear down and move. I managed to find a place( condo, so i knew there would be hurdles) wait a couple months to get a lay of the land and the people. All while getting all but a couple of my strains back plus a few new ones, and boom. Notice of annual fire safety inspection.

I have 2 weeks until this inspection and am only 5 weeks into flower. FUCK!

I dont really have any option but to chop in the next week to allow me time to dry and tear down for this inspection. Did i mention, FUCK!?

Im pretty sure the inspection will be thorough but half of me is tempted to leave it as is and hope they just test the smoke alarms. That being said, i know damn well i cant take that risk.

Id like to be able to catch a break and finish a god damned crop. Well i should be able to keep my current genetics without issue and at least now i know when to expect this inspection moving forward.

End rant.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
that sucks bmac!

better safe than sorry tho when it comes to prohibition.

you'll be lamps on again in no time i'm sure!

:huggg:

GastroGrower

God damn. Talk about a string of bad luck. At least you got a chance to test out your environment. Good luck on that inspection. I had some plumbers come in for emergency repair a few weeks ago when my neighbors upstairs caused a leak. Luckily when they saw one of my tents and some pots of soil, they just smiled and said they wouldn't tell anyone. Fingers crossed, haha.

Bmac1

Veteran
giphy.gif

fifomQ.gif

Bmac1

Veteran
Well, I am back up and running again and really hopeful that I can get a crop to the finish line this time. I seem to have the schedule down of things that go on around here so that should help.

I got the 5x5 up again and have 6 girls in there that I had basically been keeping as mothers and doing my best not to kill despite some torture.

I have 3 gg#4, 2 lime cookies and 1 cherry blossom that are all little bushes and should produce a good number of tops. I will take clones in a few days to replenish the mother tent.

I have also made some changes this time. I have made the switch to a 630w dual bulb cmh light with Philips agro 930 bulbs from the vertical hps I had been running. So many good things I hear about these lights that I wanted to give them a try. I have a dimmable ballast with options for 280w, 420w, 630w and 700w. I have it about 3 feet above the ladies and set at 420w until they adjust. It was just set up yesterday.

I also have a new tower fan and may need to set up a himidifier as the humidity is reading at just over 30%. When I first put the light in yesterday, I was surprised as the heat seemed comparable to my 600w hps set up but I need to tinker with the fans today and tomorrow and get it working right to go to full power. I had thought it would be significantly cooler than the hps but within an hour of running at 630w, the tent was at 30 degrees. I will get that sorted though.

Its the same soil mix just recycled. It may be a bit light on the nutes but we will see. I will supplement as we go if they appear to need something.

I will get the pics up shortly, gotta get a new computer.

I want to thank some people for their generosity and helping me get cuts back as well as adding new ones. There are some great people here.

Now that I appear to have the situation sorted and kept a few moms alive, i need to start popping beans. I owe brother Bodhi a test of his Blue Sunshine and those beans will be getting cracked pronto now that I dont have such a fear of losing my genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts