What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

Trillyen

What the hell is LCs i would love to try it but what does LC stand for???

ive read the first page or so but everyone else seems to already knows wgat it means???

i love to try it out tho!!!

Trillyen

this thread definetly isnt for dummies, i have no idea what u r talking about on alot of stuff

so r u telling me that my grow is not organic???

i am using a earth worm casting organic mix and a jiffy soil organic mix, i have NOT used any fertilizers but super thrive on my grow, does this mean that i am still organic??

i was planning on just using peters all purpose 24-8-16 fert for my fertilizer, is this ok

my soil is already mixed so how do i feertilize now??

thanks for your help, sorry if this is a stupid question!!!

L

longy

What the hell is LCs i would love to try it but what does LC stand for???

ive read the first page or so but everyone else seems to already knows wgat it means???

i love to try it out tho!!!

look under organic soil mixs u should fiind lc mix

i'll use LC's SOILLESS MIX #1 with biobizz nutes.

when my LC's SOILLESS MIX #1 would be ready to use after i mix peatmoss,worm casts and dolomite ?

can i immediately use LC's soilless mix as soon as i stir peat moss,perlite and worm casts ?

Should i water the mix before using ?

should i let the mix sit for a while ?if so , how long ?

Joey56789

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with every 3rd watering.
Can I leave out the high N bat guano in this tea, and use more PSG? My PSG is 10-10-2. I thought I could avoid getting the high N guano because I'm not vegging long (Micro grow) and would have only used it once or twice. 11 seemed like a lot of N. Now I think I am getting N deficiency.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can I leave out the high N bat guano in this tea, and use more PSG? My PSG is 10-10-2. I thought I could avoid getting the high N guano because I'm not vegging long (Micro grow) and would have only used it once or twice. 11 seemed like a lot of N. Now I think I am getting N deficiency.

You'll just have to try it and see. This is why I always recommend following the recipe exactly.
Burn1

Fresh Start

help!

help!

Hey burn these pictures are of my mum in lc's mix #1 feeding on guano teas.

She's had a springtails invasion so I had to neem her with some essential oils and eucalyptus soaps. Now she looks like complete shit. She was displaying these colors on her leaves before the neeming, which i attributed to the bugs. I flushed her out after the neem treatment now i'm back to feeding her the teas. I'm not sure how to treat this, and I think that feeding her the teas are not working. I'm going to foliar feed some epsom salts because I do not have lime in the soil, instead I have oyster shells. Any advice? thanks man.

http://icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1608&pictureid=50555
http://icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1608&pictureid=50554
http://icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1608&pictureid=50556

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BurnOne - i followed the recipe exactly as you posted ??
and now my plants are all swelling up on me :wallbash:
here are some pics...

some of them are even oozing

just wanted to say your a mean dude for doing this to my plants :nanana:
i hope karma kicks you in the ass real proper like for this !!
:smoweed:

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to foliar feed some epsom salts because I do not have lime in the soil, instead I have oyster shells. Any advice? thanks man.
There you go. You didn't follow the recipe. Use dolomite lime next time as directed.
Burn1

Joey56789

You'll just have to try it and see. This is why I always recommend following the recipe exactly.
Burn1

Yeah, it's my first time, and I have made errors as I learn. Does that look like Nitrogen deficiency to you?

Brother Bear, we here in the organic section do humbly apologize for the horrible results you acheived while following Burn1's recipe. One of our field personnal will be right over to "relieve" you of such a heidous looking plant. Plus accept our deepest apologies and a complimentary bottle of any AN product. In the future we ask that you post pictures sooner so we can help you before your plants reach the above state. Again, our deepest apologies.

Psst...Burn1? Is Brother Bear gone? Do you think he bought it? Jaykush should be right here with that plant and we'll get high, high HIGH! lol

Last edited:

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
High Burn,Everyone

When i'm making my EWC/BSM tea is it best to add my fert's (recipe #5)when
i start the tea or after i've made it ?

Thank's a bunch

Later
I N Hail

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After you bubble your EWC/molasses for about 24 hours, pour in your fish/seaweed and use it immediately.
Burn1

O

onecuriousmonk

1tbs LK per gal of water or per gal of LC mix?

1tbs LK per gal of water or per gal of LC mix?

Mix all the dry ferts into the soiless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it with Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal.

Hey, sorry to ask what might have already been answered in this thread (I searched but to no avail)...

is it 1tbs of LK per gallon of soilless mix (#1 in my case) OR
1tbs of LK per gallon of water added to the mix?

Great thread BurnOne, I've got beans hopefully germing in cups of #1 as we speak :)

--
onecuriousmonk

O

onecuriousmonk

That's 1tbs. LK per gallon of water, Monk.

A tbs. of liquid in a gallon of soil wouldn't do dick.

Thanks for the reply, Cerb. But you'll be adding less than a gallon of water for each gallon of soil, so you'd actually end up using more LK if you added it based on the amount of soil than if you based it on the amount of water that you add. See what I mean?

Suppose you had 20G of soil, and that you used, say, 5G of water to moisten that soil (just a guess, you probably wouldn't use even that much water). Based on volume of soil, you'd use 20tbs of LK. Based on volume of water, you'd only use 5tbs of LK.

Latest posts

Latest posts