What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey burn. i got a mum in LC's mix #1. I stopped feeding her for a week to take clones and now she's is just being watered. I figured that I don't really need her to grow anymore, why feed? Is there any side effects of stopped feeding? I noticed she doesn't smell as potent as before for one. I don't want to run into any deficiency. thanks man, If I could send you a nugget over the internet I would. -Fresh
You can do that. Just watch out for deficiencies that can harm the plant.
Ok ok Burn...ill do that right away.

Stay Safe

I think you will get more responses that way.

Burn1

ermtaipo

Couple of quick questions:

I just got done mixing a monster batch of #1/#1. Whew. Messy. :) And yes, I followed the recipies to a damn T. :)

1) Should I be more concerned with getting the soil too MOIST or too DRY?
2) On subsequent wettings over the next two weeks, should I use only water, or water + LK?
3) Liquid Karma, once mixed with water, has to be used by...? Will it keep for a day or two?

Thanks!

Hello fellow organic heads, just a quick simple question. I'm intrested in RECIPE #5
Fish and Seaweed.

For veg growth…
1 capful 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion
1 capful Neptune's Harvest 0-0-1 Seaweed or Maxicrop liquid
1 gallon H2O

For early flowering…
1 tbs. Neptune’s Harvest 2-3-1 Fish/Seaweed
1 gallon H2O

For mid to late flowering…
1 tbs. Neptune’s Harvest 2-4-1 Fish
1 gallon H2O

Where can i get Neptune's Harvest fish/seaweed or maxicrop liquid? Homedepot, Lowes?

dirkdaddy

Hello fellow organic heads, just a quick simple question. I'm intrested in RECIPE #5
Fish and Seaweed.

For veg growth…
1 gallon H2O

For early flowering…
1 gallon H2O

1 gallon H2O

Where can i get Neptune's Harvest fish/seaweed or maxicrop liquid? Homedepot, Lowes?

nope. unless you have some hydro shops and/or specialized organic nurseries (or nice, large nurseries in general) around you you won't be able to find it locally. there are a number of websites you can get both from.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple of quick questions:

I just got done mixing a monster batch of #1/#1. Whew. Messy. :) And yes, I followed the recipies to a damn T. :)

1) Should I be more concerned with getting the soil too MOIST or too DRY?
2) On subsequent wettings over the next two weeks, should I use only water, or water + LK?
3) Liquid Karma, once mixed with water, has to be used by...? Will it keep for a day or two?

Thanks!
1) too wet.
2) either one.
3) use it immediately.
Fish and Seaweed.

For veg growth…
1 gallon H2O

For early flowering…
1 gallon H2O

1 gallon H2O

You can order it direct from Neptune's Harvest online.

Burn1

dirkdaddy

just FYI, I thought my local lowes was crap in terms of basic gardening supplies but lo and behold I check today and it is stocked! 3.8 cf bales of peat moss, pulverized dolomite lime in a huge bag, black kow compost, organocide, and alaska fish fertilizer among other things. finally got the proper lime after so much searching! compared to the local home depot it is heaven so make you guys check both.

I have a question for anyone that has an answer. if HD/lowes is supposed to at least supply the "basics" to an organic gardener what in the hell is one supposed to buy from them to provide K? they cover N and P by offering blood and bone meal but neither place has to my knowledge ever offered kelp meal, sulfate of potash, or anything similar. just confusing to me. I wish like hell they would supply kelp meal and castings so I wouldn't get screwed on shipping but I guess ya can't have everything right?

antimatter

Veteran
I love this mix it does the job but I don't really see this whole burning thing on seedlings that you guys talk about, ive been tossing germinated seeds in soil that has been cooking for a month it hasn't been to hot for them, they just seem to love it, had some problems in flower from I think overuse use of molasses that had alot of salt in it which in turn locked them out, never was able to correct it but they looked fine after trimmed up. I just wish I had a cement mixer that couldn't hold more then 10 gallons, took awhile mixing up 150 gallons.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
On another note Burn....i was wondering if this mix might be a little "hot" on the N side? or hot in general. I have a friend who has been using this on his first grow and he pretty far into flowering but it seems theyre still too dark green for my liking, and resin production and maturation is movin very slow imho. Funny thing is, Growdoc was the one who put the recipe together and the setup my friend is using is similar to Growdocs as well...hell hes even growing BubbleDust...a Growdoc strain. So maybe its just me, but i think the mix might be a little too rich...what do you think?

Growdoc’s soil mix:
Per 100 liters/2 bags
60 gram seaweed meal
60 gram bone meal
120 gram blood meal
80 gram Guano Peru
20 gram trace element
40 gram lime/kalk
3 liter worm casting
12 liter Perlite

here is my Dressing:
Growdoc’s dressing mix:
Per 100 liters/2 bags
100 gram seaweed meal
100 gram bone meal
120 gram Guano Peru
30 gram trace element
80 gram lime/kalk
5 liter worm casting
1 bag fine cut coco’s

Stay Safe

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GDK-
If you think your mix is too hot with nitrogen, then cut back on it. Your plants will tell you what they need.
Burn1

Epsom salts(magnesium sulfate) is best used as a foliar spray. It is a salt and can mess with the electric conductivity of your soil. I even cover my soil when I do a foliar spray with any kind of salt. Mainly I use magnesium sulfate and potassium chloride. Both seem to be very hard to burn the plants with as long as you cover that soil properly.

how much mg for per gallon and how often do you use spray ?

Originally Posted by BurnOne
Now, when you add Recipe #1 to LC's Mix #1 it becomes a complete growing soil. A 3 to 5 gallon pot of it will be enough to grow all the way to harvest without (in most cases) adding anything else but water.

A word of caution here. You can't germ seeds or plant young seedlings in the LC's Mix with blood/bone/kelp added to it until they're at least 2 to 4 weeks old. The nitrogen in the blood will burn them. Rooted clones will be just fine though.

hey ,
do you say LC'S soilless mix dont need any fertilizer till harvest ?

it is only contains 20% worm casts ?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey ,
do you say LC'S soilless mix dont need any fertilizer till harvest ?

it is only contains 20% worm casts ?
No. LC's Mix is a "growing medium". It has almost no food (NPK) for the plant in it.
You don't need any Epsom salts if you use powdered dolomite lime as directed. When you have a magnesium deficiency in a plant, the leaves will all point straight up. It's what's called "Praying for Magnesium". If you do happen to have a magnesium hungry strain and they show a definite sign of a magnesium deficiency, you can foliar feed as directed. But make sure what you have first! Don't make it worse by guessing.
Most problems with coir come from a high salt content that can be easily removed by washing the coir.
Burn1

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How reusable is LCs #2 mix? What can I do to it so that it can beused again in the future and whats the turn around time?
Add the same amount of worm castings, perlite and dolomite lime to the mix as in the original recipe when reusing it. Remove the root ball and reuse it right away.
Burn1

FoukeMonster

Add the same amount of worm castings, perlite and dolomite lime to the mix as in the original recipe when reusing it. Remove the root ball and reuse it right away.
Burn1

U=Awesome

Any love for the FF Peace of Mind organic all purpose fertilizer(5-5-5)? Curious if I can add this to maybe a tea once Im ready to brew, and whether or not it would help or hinder adding it to LCs #2 with the simple recipe #5 food. Any input is appreciated.

budvapor-
Worm casting tea doesn't foam.

thatspoker422-
Dolomite is only good if it is mixed well into the soil. Use CalMagPlus as directed. Not sure about the Nitrozyme.

Burn1

thanks.i didnt know Worm casting tea didnt 't foam.

i will make LC's soilless mix and i will feed them with bio bizz nutes ( bloom grow topmax and root juice )

do you think i should still add worm casts tea ? wouldnt it cause over fertilize ?

when and how often should i add WC tea ?

PS: burn1 thanks for everything.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look down in my signature line.

"When I say "Plain Water", I mean worm casting tea and molasses."

Burn1

MrBaker

I'm goin' to have ~50 gal of used promix. I want to reuse it, and thus freshen it up. Can I just make LC's mix #2 using the used promix, and then add in the guano recipe (recipe #2)?

If it's that easy (or even ballpark close) how much of each additive should I add? I did the math for myself, but don't trust it.
Add to make LC's mix 2...
16 gal perlite
16 gal castings
9 cups dolomite
Add as ferts...
16 cups hi n guan
25 cups high p guan
50 Tbs jgs
50 Tbs kelp meal

Do those numbers seem right for usin' 50 gal of promix?

When making worm casting tea, do you bubble the molasses as well, or do you add that just prior to watering?

In fact, would you remind me of the exact method / measures for making the EWC tea? I didn't think to copy/paste it, and I don't want to dig through the whole thread again. =/

V

vonforne

When making worm casting tea, do you bubble the molasses as well, or do you add that just prior to watering?

In fact, would you remind me of the exact method / measures for making the EWC tea? I didn't think to copy/paste it, and I don't want to dig through the whole thread again. =/

I use a handful and 2 TSP per gallon of water together and brew for 24 hour minimum. Then add straight to the soil.

And you should read until you remember whether or not it takes some time. It will make you a better grower.

V-man