What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

joeking

Hey all, been reading this thread and really diggin it. I am a noob at OG, I've tried hydro, soil with chems, and now I am having a go at it using a lot of the info I have found here. Let me just say thanks to all that take the time to share their experience and knowledge;) Much love

I am curious as to the use of mollassas in the seedling nute mix? I have used it to help grow my microbial innoc, but have never seen it in a veg recipe.

all the best
jk

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Hey guys.
Im growing in a large soilbed using growdocs soilmix, but i find it a little heavy on the N. My next run will not be vegged for more than 10 days, alas i need to modify the mix. Heres the recipe:
GROWDOCS SOIL MIX:
Per 100 liters/2 bags
60 gram seaweed meal
60 gram bone meal
120 gram blood meal
80 gram Guano Peru
20 gram trace element
40 gram lime/kalk
3 liter worm casting
12 liter Perlite

I was thinking to cut back on the bloodmeal. And also use ½Seabird and ½Batguano and up the dose a little. Also i have this bag of coco lying around and i was thinkin of adding it to the mix...but id like to hear what yall think.

Stay Safe

V

vonforne

Add the coco at about 25%. The plant will never use all the nutrients in the soil. I grow in 100 liter cement mixing boxes. I just add EWC and compost after it is used and use it again.

You could cut back on the N it will prolong flowering time. but the bone meal I would leave. It will break down over time. I would also increase the EWC and add the coco. I do not think the 12 liters of perlite is enough so the coco will help out there.

V

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Add the coco at about 25%. The plant will never use all the nutrients in the soil. I grow in 100 liter cement mixing boxes. I just add EWC and compost after it is used and use it again.

You could cut back on the N it will prolong flowering time. but the bone meal I would leave. It will break down over time. I would also increase the EWC and add the coco. I do not think the 12 liters of perlite is enough so the coco will help out there.

V
Thanks for the response vonforne. Im not sure i understand you right. Do you think that cutting back on the N will prolong flowering. Or do you mean that too much N prolongs the flowering. Yea my plan is also to keep reusing the soil, adding ewc and ammendments as well as bacteria and myco..How do you feel about the bat vs. seabirdguano thing...i understand that the batguano contains more P and since im using the soilmix for flowering i thought mixing the two might be nice..

Stay Safe

V

vonforne

Thanks for the response vonforne. Im not sure i understand you right. Do you think that cutting back on the N will prolong flowering. Or do you mean that too much N prolongs the flowering. Yea my plan is also to keep reusing the soil, adding ewc and ammendments as well as bacteria and myco..How do you feel about the bat vs. seabirdguano thing...i understand that the batguano contains more P and since im using the soilmix for flowering i thought mixing the two might be nice..

Stay Safe

If you over do it on the N the plants will normally take a little longer to finish.

I have used both and see little or no difference. Each has its own qualities according to diet, location and nesting habits along with the type of minerals contained in their nesting areas etc......

If you think you need more P then you could top dress or water in. I have went as far as mixing different types of P sources into the soil.......Bone meal and Jamaican guano. You have the right idea here.

Hope that helps.

V

pufferfish

hi all i got some papaya seeds for my 1st grow.what starter soil or mix do i use? i have... foxfarm...ocean froest...light warrior...planting mix earthwrom casting & bat-guano...peace of mind starter 3-4-3 & fruit&flower 5-8-4...chunke perlite,i...thanx

OPT

Papaya is a nice choice puffer, good luck. Goto the first page of this thread and it will tell you all you want to know sir!

OPT

can you just use the peruvian guano that is 10-10-2 instead of the high p and high n (jamacian + mex) guanos combined?? and can you use maxicrop liquid seaweed instead of the powdered seaweed or kelp meal?? just looking for some cheaper alternatives than whats on the list.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can you just use the peruvian guano that is 10-10-2 instead of the high p and high n (jamacian + mex) guanos combined?? and can you use maxicrop liquid seaweed instead of the powdered seaweed or kelp meal?? just looking for some cheaper alternatives than whats on the list.

Can you use salt in a cake recipe instead of sugar? :noway:
Follow the recipe.
Burn1

Can you use salt in a cake recipe instead of sugar? :noway:
Follow the recipe.
Burn1

hehe. Im not one to follow everything by the book. I was just wondering if there was a big difference between the peruvian, mexican, and jamacian guanos. The recipe also says use powdered dolomite lime. I only found 2 kinds, bonide hydrated and epsoma pellitized. which would be better?

solarz

use the pellitized...and honestly, if you don't want to follow the directions, then you will have to play around with the ingredints yourself until you find one that works for you.

The recipe is one that has already been played with and produces stellar results. So there's nothing wrong with amending the recipe, but you'll be mostly on your own when an issue/problem shows its head, b/c no one's really gonna have experience with "your mix".

solarz

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
When using tap water, should it be pH'd first (after additives) when doing a foliar feeding, since it's not getting corrected through the medium first ?

SSM :smokeit:

use the pellitized...and honestly, if you don't want to follow the directions, then you will have to play around with the ingredints yourself until you find one that works for you.

The recipe is one that has already been played with and produces stellar results. So there's nothing wrong with amending the recipe, but you'll be mostly on your own when an issue/problem shows its head, b/c no one's really gonna have experience with "your mix".

solarz

ok, ive been reading through this thread for the past few days and finding the info I need. I see some people take the pellitized and blend it or put it in food processer to powderize it. i'll need to read through this thread, lots of good info.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, ive been reading through this thread for the past few days and finding the info I need. I see some people take the pellitized and blend it or put it in food processer to powderize it. i'll need to read through this thread, lots of good info.
Get the powdered dolomite.

V

vonforne

Hey gang,:santa1:

I have a little grow going with a modified version of an LC mix (I use low cost local supplies) guanos, rock powders etc. the normal things. A just add water grow.

Simple.

Here are before and after shots with 4 and 5 weeks in between.

picture.php

picture.php

after

picture.php

picture.php

I have been adding some fulvic and humic acid in the liquid form is all.........and of course molasses.

V