What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ORGANIC VS INORGANIC. The great debate.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I appreciate all the links @Oregonborn. As you know its getting cold. Will be doing lots of reading for sure.

You certainly seem very well informed my friend.

Cannabologist

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that think human caused global warming is a myth?[/FONT]
..........)
So you are saying that all the invasive species that humans have dragged around this planet do not really exist?
[/FONT]
You state you are about rationality, yet your statements are vapid, trollish bullshit.

Ugh. NOTHING is more gross than intellectual garbanzo beans

The links you are linking too, are from the people I mentioned, are giving you crap data, or in the case of phosphorous, firefox informed me not to go to them or they didn't work. So I won't go to them, and they don't work, and I can state, emphatically, as with peak oil, you are wrong, stop believing crap from your democrat overlords, just like no one believes crap from republican overlords either. Not believing in SCAMS has no political bounds :dance013:

Anyone is free to go out and look at all the sides, and make inform themselves as they see fit on the available data out there.

... Dot dot . Dot dot dot.

You DO know all food crops, and cannabis included, could be considered in your "invasive species list". God what a job this guy is.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I do not know where you get your information from, but there are not endless reserves of anything on this planet[/FONT]
Typically graphs, books, and hard data, and the insiders who know better. WELL that's great to know we don't have finite resources! I'm pretty sure no one ever said there were. But are there plenty of resources available for hundreds and hundreds of years for us to use, and plenty more land to discover more resources on?? THERE SURE IS!!!

Doomsday bullshit helps no one. The left has been crying wolf for FAR too long about ecological disasters that are total non-issues, banking on disasters and soothsayers talking a big game, but oh wait, doomsday didn't happen ho hum!! When it didn't happen in 2010, they pushed it back to 2025. Now that it deff isn't gonna happen by 2025, they are pushing doomsday to 2100 so that we're all dead by then and they can keep the scam still going :tiphat:

It's as you said, heh, they've been preaching this stuff since before I was born and you were in school! Hey I gave it about 20 years - they were wrong. If you feel like waiting another 20 years, go right ahead, I won't worry about it though. I already told you we've been warming and will continue to warm for thousands of years... Glaciers have been receding all this time, get used to it, they are going away!... We have pictures of this happening since we could take photograhs, BUT REMEMBER HUMANS ARE SUPPOSEDLY CAUSING WARMING NOW ONLY SINCE THE 70s, warming before was not due to humans.. And some would rationally state, this is still the case lol.

Now sometimes its cold enough for them to advance, but usually, they retreat. It's been this way since, Oh, since the end of the ice age, and 2 miles high worth of glaciers carved its way down North America. But then they retreated. Did people do that? Trying to blame people for things that have been happening since time immemorial, that have been WAY worse in the past, and guess what, we will experience those things too as they were as bad in the past, and it's not our fault, that shit happens. People need to get a grip.

If CO2 is pollution we shouldn't be adding it and feeding it to plants.

You can lead a horse to water :huggg:

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Wait, there are "Grand Scale" production facilities putting out excellent quality cannabis? :laughing: You're so funny. :D

It's done so they can put an "organic" label on it and sell it as premium. No worries. ;)Save

No, it has to do with "quality"; nothing about an "organic label" (which most dispensaries in So Cali don't even use or sell "organic" flowers at a premium--no difference they say).

Have you ever compared the end product of a particular cultivar grown both ways (hydro vs "soil")? Are the flowers identical in every way (impossible to discern any difference)? How about aroma, taste, potency? Said differently, to suggest there is no difference between the two end products--would be rather challenging, agree?

In each of his 5 "perpetual" flowering rooms there are both plants in DWC buckets and a group in "soil" (which are hand watered). I have a very sensitive/discernible palate (fine wine aficionado for over 30 years now) and smoking pot for about half a century gives me a wealth of experiences that many gardeners don't have. Remember: Wisdom = Knowledge + Experience

In comparing his high-end flowers, the one grown in DWC (harvested about 4 months ago) was lighter in color and had a slightly different aroma than the one grown in "soil". Whereas, the flower grown in "soil" was darker, aroma was more complex and had a "deeper" taste, but both were about the same when it came to potency. (No lab tests). The preference hands down was for the flowers grown in "soil"; more "pleasing" to smoke.

Then we compared his "bread and butter" strain. The sample (also harvested about 4 months ago) grown in "soil" was compared to one that grew in DWC and harvested a few weeks ago. There were similar observations...but this time the sample grown in "hydro" was slightly better in both aroma and taste. Hard to tell about the potency, as we were well medicated by then...lol. He said, with DWC, those plants finished about 10 days sooner and about 20% more yield.

Moral of the story: With "grand scale" operations, you have the ability to match a particular growing technique (O vs IO) that brings out the best of a particular cultivar. In "small scale" operations, you are "either or" and must grow all plants the same way...your way, instead of the "best way".

G

If you want to learn the truth about global warming and human caused climate change, I suggest that you go to places like these for sources of valid research and information. The most informed and educated people on earth are not all wrong, as some would claim is the case on this forum. It is also not even a scientific debate any more, with a 97% to 3% margin. It is a political debate invented and maintained by the likes of the Republican Party, the fossil fuel industry, and Donald Trump.

NASA:
https://climate.nasa.gov/

NOAA:
https://www.noaa.gov/resource-collections/climate-change-impacts

Scripps (UCSD):
https://scripps.ucsd.edu/centers/adaptation/
https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/new-take-global-warming-hiatus

Woods Hole:
https://whrc.org/
https://whrc.org/publications-data/understanding-climate-change-a-primer/

Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute:
https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/climate
https://www.mbari.org/about/making-an-impact/climate-change/

Stanford:
https://news.stanford.edu/news/2009/april15/climate-change-marine-systems-symposium-041509.html

Johns Hopkins:
https://releases.jhu.edu/tag/global-climate-change/

Oxford University, UK:
https://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/research/climate/index.html

University of Exeter, UK:
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/research/inspiring/keythemes/science/climate/

UNSW, Australia:
https://www.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/

I can go on and on and on.
What a pantload. Hey are we not supposed to be underwater by now according your god al bore? Follow the money. He has made more money than PT Barnum. With the same philosophy.

DocTim420

BTW, Oregon--what is the margin of error (MOE) in calculating the targeted of 1.5 degrees Celsius temperature as dictated by the Paris Agreement? Experts in statistics say the target of 1.5 degrees is within the MOE (meaning statistically it will be impossible to prove or disprove).

And why is NOAA withholding data, methodology and communications from numerous FOIA requests? What are they hiding?

And why does Al Gore consume the same amount of electricity in a single week that most Americans use in 1 year? 1 week vs 1 year?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
No, it has to do with "quality"; nothing about an "organic label" (which most dispensaries in So Cali don't even use or sell "organic" flowers at a premium--no difference they say).
Believe what you want, I've been through plenty of dispensaries and picked up plenty of cannabis. The 25% organic has nothing to do with 'better' quality. Your example of why they 'say' they specifically grow 25% organic is the exact same reason I stay hydro. Significantly higher quality in my results. Many have sworn my hydro is the most impressive organic cannabis they've ever had. Hands down, no contest on flavor, potency, aroma and structure.:tiphat: (I'm well aware hydro/soil grow different plants. Like I've previously stated, soil growers donate genetics to me and are unable to recognize the flowers when I'm done)

Remember, you're talking to someone who hasn't been able to find 'superior' quality from a dispensary since 2008 (not even from other growers either, but let's stick to dispensaries for now). One dispensary, one grower, YEARS ago, made me aware of how poor the quality in America really is. I've fixed my quality issues since then and I've yet to come across anything like it since.

There's definitely a huge quality issue in America and the O vs. IO has extremely little to do with it. Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator and until a grower understands this and grows accordingly, their product will be lower quality.

Period.
(Edit: Yes, I have a soapbox I reserve for dispensaries in general. When one proves to actually be producing awesome product, I'll be very glad to see their model copied by others. Quality is simply disgusting. My apologies for the rant.)

Save

jidoka

Is there anybody here that does not grow the best cannabis in the world?

And for the sensitive types...that is a joke aimed at no one. I am just an idiot that can't help myself some times

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I do not grow the best cannabis. I have yet to come across it's equal, but I am not lacking in the awareness it is not the best. I used to *think* I grew the best, back when my quality was just 'better' than what'd I'd found till then.:peacock:

EvergreenState

In my experience it's not Organic vs. Inorganic. It's grower vs. grower. A knowledgeable, talented grower can grow great pot regardless of method. One type of growing is not better than another. It's all in the skill of the grower and no I don't think I'm smoking, wait for it, CHEMICALS, which I smoke hydro. weed. I also don't think Organic weed is more PURE.
I dropped religion a long time ago so I have no need and little patience with Puritanical types. They get that cringy holier than thou attitude and I want to smite their asses.:asskick:

mushroombrew

Veteran
In my experience it's not Organic vs. Inorganic. It's grower vs. grower. A knowledgeable, talented grower can grow great pot regardless of method. One type of growing is not better than another. It's all in the skill of the grower and no I don't think I'm smoking, wait for it, CHEMICALS, which I smoke hydro. weed. I also don't think Organic weed is more PURE.

Agreed.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I saw a DWC (55G drums) Green House. Chillers etc. 4 Layers of Trellis.

You would have changed on the spot. Doubt anything was under 10#.

G

Gr33nSanta

not always, but every once in a while, my non certified organic weed is the best in the world, to me anyway :)

meizzwang

With regards to quality of the end product, I wonder if organic versus inorganic is less relevant compared to the growth rate and concentration of available nutrients in the root zone at various stages of development? This assumes all other environmental+genetic factors are optimized for quality and the plant is harvested at peak maturity.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Naw not me bro :laughing:

I grow the best cannabis throughout all of existence*

(Existence includes every possible uni/multi-verse and thing in reality that is real including whatever actually exists be it heaven, hell, us, you, nothing, God, and everything in between. Including anything you grow/grew. This disclaimer precludes and trumps all other disclaimers. No amount of lawyer weasel language can disparage this disclaimer this disclaimer is God for all intents and purposes and no matter what you say you can't rock it's boat :dance013:)

DocTim420

Believe what you want...

LOL, well you obviously believe what you want...but at least I don't believe that, since 2008 the only place to get exceptional pot was from my garden...lol. Methinks you need to get out more.

I don't know if you have a reading comprehension problem, but I stated my observations of a facility I toured and the rationale of the owner for growing both hydro and "soil". Any disagreement you have is with him, not me...as I don't have a dog in this fight.

That said, I particular like his idea of comparing different growing methods ("hydro" vs "soil") on the same cultivar and then selecting the method that produces the best buds. To think one method is superior over an other is foolish...it is not the method but the gardener that makes the difference.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I posted evidence that shows why ionic fertilizers mute or homogenize chemovar expression and not one comment

people are delusional enough that they can't see linked or nested causation as it occurs in nature

many terps are cued by the plant to be produced when other variables are less than optimal, for example cues like lower nitrogen because it is a payload of pests and pathogens

the MYTH of maximum ionic nutrition means maximum chemovar expression is simply that, a MYTH