What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic soil multiple strain plant party

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
gotta do the technology shuffle to post pics! :laughing:
all at day 30 of flowering

Malawi X Sourbubble

picture.php

JH X OPC

picture.php

SSSDH X THH

picture.php

Last edited:
Nice! Everything looks great.

When I click on the pictures it takes me to my album, to post pictures you should click on them in your album and copy the BB code and past it in your post. For the upside down pictures , do you have a photo editor? Even something like Ms paint would work for flipping them and resizing if need be.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Nice! Everything looks great.

When I click on the pictures it takes me to my album, to post pictures you should click on them in your album and copy the BB code and past it in your post. For the upside down pictures , do you have a photo editor? Even something like Ms paint would work for flipping them and resizing if need be.

thanks for the posting tips. It's been so long since i had that i forgot how to do everything.

Thanks for looking and commenting too. Appreciate the support. :tiphat:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
some more plants... pretty happy with overall progress for this season. Definitely will have significant improvements for next year.

if anyone has questions just ask.
Durban

picture.php

cross from a private breeder

picture.php

Heartbreaker

picture.php

HBS X RHK

picture.php

Tings are looking irie. Seriously good looking plants.

Can you go into any detail about your soil, is it native soil with top dress amendments? I know we talked briefly about amendments.
Do you know any percentage or ratios, I would definitely like to follow what your doing.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Tings are looking irie. Seriously good looking plants.

Can you go into any detail about your soil, is it native soil with top dress amendments? I know we talked briefly about amendments.
Do you know any percentage or ratios, I would definitely like to follow what your doing.

Bit of a wizards approach anymore. All inputs are organic and/or sourced locally. The soil is native soil that is primarily silt/sand with a small fraction of clay and almost no organic matter to speak of. We put the plants into holes with some compost. The compost was anywhere between 1-3 times the volume of whatever container was transplanted.

(keep in mind some of these treatments are for this year only as i am at a spot where the soil is in need of regenerative practices and will be discontinued or altered in the future) After transplant they received two topdresses that were mixes of crap meal, oyster shell, gypsum, fish meal, and powered rock mixes (obviously we don't actually need these upon review) . Other than getting the Nitrogen inputs to be balanced by the Ca inputs we haven't been following very specific recipes.

The field plants received a few "teas/soups" that were comprised of everything from melon, nettle leaf, comfrey, ganja leaves, borage, arugula and a few other odds and ends ferments. No sugar added.

Ideally next year there will only be a few botanical soaks and teas added and mad mulching.

Thank you very much for the kind remarks on the health of the plants. Greatly appreciated :tiphat: Those Malawi X Sourbubbles are doing very well!