What's new

Organic Fanatics - Australia

S

Sat X RB

So as I asked Indica growers one post ago ... is the plant with the 'foxtail' reveging?

See the flowering stem on the right hand side of the
'foxtail'?

picture.php

cheers!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Sat brother I believe that your plants will re-veg/are re-vegging as our days are only getting longer at this point in time of the year.
I would decide which ones are the most further along in flower and chop them, I had to chop my gorilla grape X emperor kush plant as it was in full flower and started to throw the re-veg leaves from within the buds and I knew it was harvest now or lose all the buds that were on the plant to re-veg and rot.
My GG X EK was like your middle plant in your photo and maybe it was a bit further along than your one, you'll have to decide if the big one on the left is worth letting go or chop.
Good Vibes your way brother :joint:
:gday:

Last edited:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah its bit hard to tell without a close up but if the colas are starting to spread out a bit and the stems are stretching and throwing off new leaves as Boom mentioned then yeah they are re-vegging.

I would chop em and get what you can. Could always do a quick alcohol wash etc to get just the resin. Good info on this on the hash forum.

ps. Dont have to kill the plants you chop either. Could leave a few lower branches and it might bounce back.

:smoweed:

jarmon

I would chop em and get what you can.

Won't they flower again in autumn though even if they reveg?

Or is rot likely to be a big problem for indicas that have flowered in spring? I have an early one that I was going to let go the whole way through, its not too humid here but maybe I should trim off the flowers and let it start again.

S

Sat X RB

Or is rot likely to be a big problem for indicas that have flowered in spring? I have an early one that I was going to let go the whole way through, its not too humid here but maybe I should trim off the flowers and let it start again.

Jarmon ... on yr first point ... this is what I 'm understanding from the above advice:

that the plants WILL reveg and new growth will probably come out from the existing heads, thus ruining what at present are smokable heads. so grab the smoke before the heads grow out.

Thanks all! I 'm on it to it! and I 'm pretty purple rhino stoned too!

S

SeaMaiden

First question, yes they will, but the quality of the buds will be diminished, as will the yield.

Second question isn't just a matter of humidity, but pests. In my situation here in California it's caterpillars that bring about rot.
Jarmon ... on yr first point ... this is what I 'm understanding from the above advice:

that the plants WILL reveg and new growth will probably come out from the existing heads, thus ruining what at present are smokable heads. so grab the smoke before the heads grow out.

Thanks all! I 'm on it to it! and I 'm pretty purple rhino stoned too!
You could, if it's possible, simply begin a bit of light deprivation on them in order to allow them to finish flowering. I don't know how possible that is in your scenario, of course, but it's one way of letting them finish out.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could, if it's possible, simply begin a bit of light deprivation on them in order to allow them to finish flowering. I don't know how possible that is in your scenario, of course, but it's one way of letting them finish out.

Yeah that would work. I did just try this with a couple upturned plastic garbage bins. Results weren't pretty and the top buds got damaged by suffocation and one day i forgot about it until 10am and they got cooked by the early sun... nice!

So yeah something like a tent would be better. :D

S

Sat X RB

thanks All.

well, these PR began flowering almost as soon as they were planted.

the situation is that the main cola visible in the previous pic is quite mature. it can be picked and enjoyed.

and there is a second, later, cola not so large (yet) which is also flowering but is not so dense (yet).

and there is a third cola beginning to grow.

so it seems this plant is going to give me heads start to finish ... which is great because I haven't got any of my winter grown sativa left to smoke.

as to light? well, I think it's possible the plant I 'm describing is behaving the way it is because it is in the shade of eucalypt trees ... so full sunlight is already compromised.

Jarmon ... it's my experience too that rot and caterpillars go together.

otherwise I thought one of the benefits of growing Indica spp is that they finish earlier than Sativa spp and so avoid cool humid autumn mornings when potential for rot is at its greatest.

thanks for contributing Everyone! rep duly handed out ... except where the system won't let me ... you people will know who you are ... so consider I owe you one!

S

SeaMaiden

Ah, yes! If it's shaded that can also get onset of flowering going more quickly. Yes, Indica/Afghani doms do tend to finish sooner.

Tis good to have smoke.

S

Sat X RB

Ah, yes! If it's shaded that can also get onset of flowering going more quickly. Yes, Indica/Afghani doms do tend to finish sooner.

Tis good to have smoke.

I germed 4 P/R's. ALL began to flower early. the plant pictured developed fastest/most densely ... but the others are behaving the same way.

it is probable that the plant pictured grew the way it is because of the shade it experiences.

I gave one of my young plants to someone in the suburbs who hid it among the vegetation in his backyard ... then he shifted it a couple of times so's contractors he hired wouldn't see it.
this plant put on nuggety little heads all over and then finished!
so light is very important in the way these grow/don't grow.

learning, learning ...

cheers!

S

Sat X RB

Ha Ha. a little bird told me you've got some already!

hey ... did you see the can of 'go go juice' on the table beside the statue?

organic xmas trees!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes i did spot that. Fits in nicely with the festive theme.

I've run out and might get another.

Right now the hot thing is sprouted barley 'tea'.

Simply soak 1 tablespoon ish whole barley seeds overnight then place in some kind of sprouter. I have a dome one that works well. Once they sprout and theres good roots and maybe couple cm of green sprout soak them in some plain water. I use a drinking glass.

Then couple days later they will have fermented, the water will have bubbles and smell yeasty. Then dilute say 10:1 with more plain water and its good to go. Foliar and soil drench, your plants will really love you for it.

The reason: Sprouted barley is off the charts with enzymes.

Thanks to Clackamass Cootz for the recipe.

:smoweed:

S

SeaMaiden

Is the tea any or much different from using malted barley, which is barley that's been sprouted? Something I've been using for years. Delusional me!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it must be similar but only on my 2nd batch so not sure.

Made my last one with sprouted broad beans. Said to be also very good.

Going to use it today :D

luvaduck

Yo Silver ol boy, just want to report in with results of some home made fish emulsion......

6 months ago, I caught a nice little barra, about 70 cm. Took the fillets off, skun and boned the fillets, and put all the waste in a 10 litre bucket with a lid. Covered the scraps with water(about 7 litres) and wacked the lid on...

Now for the first couple of months, more frequently at first, when I summoned the courage I would go and "burp" the bucket. Initially it stank to high heaven, then as time progressed, the smell got less and less. No problems with neighbours or animals because the only smell was when she burped....

The other day, roughly 6 months later, I strained the liquid through a fine seive into a 20 lt bucket. The only solids remaining were scales and bones, everything else had turned to a tan coloured liquid with a faint ammonia smell. Added to this was roughly 100 ml molasses and 100 ml EM1. This was stirred like hell with a stick for a couple of minutes, then left sit overnight.....

After a smell test the next morning, I decided it needed diluting, so into a garbage bin she went, filled her with water, then into the watering can.

I have noticed a little bit of burn on some leaves which got splashed on more sensitive plants, and I tried to avoid foliage because I wasn't sure of it's strength. However, apart from those already mentioned, none of the plants showed any dislike to the feed, in fact quite the opposite!

I thought you might be interested in this method (anaerobic), as it is super easy and can be done with any organic material.

I'm now using bigger buckets as the fishing has been better. Next up to spoil my plants we have Red Emperor and Coral Trout!

LD:tiphat:

_Ina_

Veteran
Hi,guys! I want to ask you about these products-HALO,Bio heaven and Vodoo juice. one friend gave me some testers from these product and i suggest i can try them in my strictly organic grow? Usually i use home made nutes and soil mixes. Are they suitable with some of these?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
O hey luvaduck sorry i missed that one. Sounds like some good fishing there mate! Must get my rod out and catch a few bream, whiting and maybe a salmon or two if im really lucky. I will give that a go for sure.

Not sure about those products Ina. I dont really buy any bottled nutes these days except silica.