Organic Fanatic Collective

V

vonforne

Welcome back Master!

I just say this post. I am late again!!

Good to hear the health progression.

You have been missed.

V-man

hey suby, as such a big advocate for organics, have you done any research into intravenous vitamin C? I know very little about it but from what I've read it is supposed to do wonders.

mapinguari

Veteran
Fred...

Don't get upset. Liquid Karma, if you do enough research, is really something that you can EASILY make yourself. After all, Botanicare had to make it from something, didn't they??

There are many things that are to a certain degree VERY interchangeable...

However, if you decide to add beneficial bacteria, molasses and a bit of kelp and EWC, you are making the very same thing that LK adds to your medium. The major difference, is that for most growers, LK is much easier to get and therefore a more simplistic route. However, given enough consideration to what is the most cost effective way to grow your own medicine, well, you find you can do the very same thing yourself with a little bit of research and dedication.

My point is not to imply that LK is not worth it's weight in gold. For a very long time it was my own personal "magic" in my garden. Then I got educated. Realized they made it and they make it for the purpose of profit. And much like anything else, I began to understand if I was diligent and truly wanted the best possible cannabis, I could make the same thing myself ....CHEAPER.

NSPB

I love your attitude, NSPB. Heal your soil, heal yourself.

razor ridge

Hello OFC'rs, I'll just say this is an invaluable sticky. I'm starting a whole new form of growing, composting, and teas, etc. Thanks to some wonderful advice from Jaykush. I'm only up to page 13, but look forward everyday to a few more pages. There a lot of info to digest. Thanks to you for creating such a resource, Razor Ridge.

Until the coming of spring can you use dried stinging nettle, in lieu of fresh, from a health food store for tea's?

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea you can but nettle is expensive if you buy it, something like 18$ a lb. i would go to a feed store and buy alfalfa for 10-15$ for a 50lb bag or a bale of alfalfa. save veg effect almost. just as good though.

MagicChef

I need some experienced help on mixing a good batch of soil. Im using botanicare organic ferts( grow/bloom and Liquid Karma) but want to mix up a good healthy soil as well. I know there are probably a good thread on recipes but I'm hoping someone can read from the list of ingredients Ive got on hand and how much to use etc. Im also wondering how the feeding will work? Will I still need to feed my liquid organic nutes at full streghth or at all? Can I use my soil mix right away or does it have to sit?Got some seedlings on the go that have already hit the bottom of my cups so Id like to mix this up asap. Ill be growing three plants in 1.5-2.5 gallon pots.Thanks in advance! Word.
wave.gif

Sunshine #4
Vermiculite
Perlite
Blood and Bone meal 7-7-0
'Sea soil' organic potting soil with organic matter and coco
worm castings
'Black Gold' seedling mix
Dolomite lime

has anyone ever tried "cooking" their amendments in pure, moist EWC prior to adding it to their coco/peat/perlite/vermiculite/whatever? I've been wondering recently if this would result in a more rapid breakdown of nutrients than an airier finished mix left to sit. I pour AACTs on my composting soil from time to time to ensure a healthy microbe population but I'd like to see if the other method is any better.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nettle is for veg(and alfalfa like i mentioned). comfrey and yarrow are for flower. small amounts of dandelion is also helpful in the bloom phase. borage is good all around, but not too late into flower.

from others research here camellia flowers also make a good bloom fert, but i have yet to confirm this, waiting on the neighbors camellia to bloom.

razor ridge

Man I'm gonna have a big garden just to supply the little garden. I figure I'll need to grow all of those but the dandelion and alfalfa......

V

vonforne

the dandlion grows wild......i use it for cmpolst mostly. the alfalfa is a must and i believe it is best used as afloair spray. if zou can get nettles in the worm bin and or compost bin it is a much needed additive. alfalfa is always considered a green material even when dried. i use it to heat up the compost bin when needed.

V

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man I'm gonna have a big garden just to supply the little garden. I figure I'll need to grow all of those but the dandelion and alfalfa......

you can always forage the wild, its what i used to do when i was still experimenting with the plant extracts. once i knew what i was onto though i started to care about other plants, learn they had uses for both me and the garden. good stuff.

Amber Trich

I love yarrow!! what does it do for flowering? using psychoactive herbs to grow psychoactive ganj..

Also on wildgathering:

horsetail... an ancient plant, tons of minerals, particularly silica. I am planning to gather a lot during the summer but should I collect it early when its safe for human consumption or late when the silca content is much higher?

has anyone else been composting burdock leaves? they seem to create a real dankyness as the break down

razor ridge

I'm a bit confused about the worm castings. I thought that worm castings were the worm poop separated from all the other stuff. Which seemed to be a hell of a lot of work, screening it all. But am I wrong is assuming that y'all are using the worked worm dirt(compost), straight w/o separating out the poop Or am I wrong? School me a bit please....

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes castings are the poops of worms. you harvest your bins when there are no food scraps and 90%+ is castings. not hard work at all because the worms do all the work. there will be a small percentage that will not be castings but chances are its loaded with decomposing microbes already and wont last long. don't worry about having or buying a bag that says 100% castings. if you make your own dont worry be patient and before you know it youll be harvesting a big bin of castings to make EXCELLENT ACT.

Latest posts

Latest posts