What's new

Organic 2400w Room of Dank

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great diary :)

Omg!!! WTF??? Free world and all that but seems like the best seed supplier on earth is a big nono around here? Well must be depressing if someone is undercutting prices with super quality top shelf seeds???

?

Rooibard

Someone sent me msg on my profile but Im unsure wether my post count is too low or my browsing device(android ph) but I cant find the way to reply so here goes: kelpak in my understanding is local kelp concentrate but US should have loads of different brands on kelp concentrates? Maybe our american friends could fill in some brands and availability?

On this side things are moving on; my soilmix is cooked and its time for transplanting 8 Killing Fields girlz are finding their way to their final pots. 7 of them are purple pheno and 1 green one. These will bring loads of new cuts during veg... Yes Smelly, loads of cuts:tiphat: gonna run lights on daytime on veg 18/6 as room has bit of other usage at the moment but for flower will go few days 24/0 and then flip. Worked fine on current flowering @ my mates place...
Bit of grafting ahead but Im motivated!

Peace

SmellyFlorist

So what this killing fields then..? Never heard of it before really... any good... is it popular around yourside... well with you know...:biggrin:

Rooibard

After 50 get more photo space as well, correct? Much needed especially now that got setup going at home again:)
Killing Fields is strong and stretchy sativa cross with relative short flowering time(10-11weeks). Grew a round of her out of old stressed out mothers when I received the strain. Even being neglected few months I managed to get very nice smoke and purple buds full of trichomes! Smell is fruity for sure and taste really good. Very uppy high so good for dropping in;)
It would be good choice on ur vert as u get full canopy really ez and strain yields good. U gotta google it as link wont show..

Peace

Rooibard

Hey Smelly its getting ridicilous with the power... We both need backup asap at least a genny to run sum leds to supplement on veg; I have a mate whose mothers and clones all started flowering year ago due to powercut... Just cheap led floodlights to keep up the cycle. On the long run need to get off the grid w/ solar panels and wind turbine but thats few harvests away...
Speaking of harvest; in remote setup cheeses will b ready in 2 weeks! Cant wait! Then chocolopes and we will have 2 more weeks and will turn lights on 10/14 for them to compensate on power and ripen em quicker. Had a sneak peak last night but didnt have time to shoot pics and looking really good! Only cheeses yellowing now, everything else so lush and so green green:)
Here at home my setup stepped up to next level: finally got the light rail my mate has been raving about!!! Uuu yeaahhh! Marlo style yoyo lights here we go:) also picked up 3x400w ballasts and couple octagon shaped hoods and loads of bubbler buckets with pumps. Me thinks if these wont bring me big harvey nothing will lol. 400 watters r kinda better option on that many lights for controlling temps, now its gonna get hot in here. Also the idea on running organic and hydro side by side is kinda wicked. Organics can keep vegging as long as needed and hydros can go in kinda last minute with week or so veg...

Peace

SmellyFlorist

Yeah thats being our second worst one... think we had one at the start of the year that was 7hours... normally they just 2 maybe 2.5hours... an its been round midday too... I haven't actually had a problem yet with causing em to flower.... Stoked to hear its almost cheese time...! Where are the chocolopes from if I may ask..? The light mover sounds siek... post some pics when you got the thing running... gonna be super fun having both on the go at the same time.... sounds like you gonna have your work cut out for you.... best of luck :tiphat:

Rooibard

Man cant wait for some quality cheese times! We chopped 2 of those small pot ones, not much and bit early but Im so sick and tired of this outdoor stuff they sell here; same swaziskunk whatever that makes me vomit lol. So decision was ez and been really happy to smoke good stuff again:)
Chocolope clone I got from same dude I got the cheese from and its really my favourite! The high is really strong and lasts long. Like a skyrocket lol. My wife had a puff and shes not a toker so that was a bad idea lol. Swore she'll never ever touch it again!

Wufff been busy at home setup, bigger space but loads of crap lying around so struggling to get everything fit in that room... Light mover is up just have to rig couple pulleys and its done. Well still have to keep em horizontal to take off and get some height... Also thinking now on running the hydro on vert to save some floor space. 4 buckets so one is decided, will be 2 x kolossus, rest is still bit unsure... For vert Im also thinking chocolope and maybe adding on more killing field... Problem of options lol

Anyway more grafting tonight again.

Peace

Rooibard

Next run getting ready

Next run getting ready

Aiight so here's what Ive done so far at home grounds, its a room full of all the crap so everything looks pretty ghetto but slowly getting there... Everything I wanna do there requires 1/2hr moving old makeup tbl, cardboard boxes etc around. Floor is also just a carpet which will be covered with plastic as well as all the sides. In big pots are all my KFs settling; they mostly topped after transplanting. Rh was bit low and airflow non existant so they stalled a bit in the beginning. Now can see new growth getting healthy and they getting taller every day; finally!

Light rail only need pulleys to hang barebulbs. Still a while to go till thats needed... Ballasts sit on top of cupboard on glass and everything runs thru surge protected plug. Before all the lights go on Im running new 3x2mm cable from electric board with circuit breakers. Also had such good experience on air coolers that gonna get one in the room for sure! Still gotta make a plan to fit 4 bubbler buckets in the front section which will be a big mission.

Peace

Rooibard

Shot! Makes a nice noise too... When I get the filter in and acoustic ducting should be quiet enuff... Also mounted it on wall and need to add sum cushion in between the bolts and brackets... Slow steady turns ;)

Peace

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Two pieces of carpet with a board sandwiched in between, attach your fan to that. It should take care of the vibrations. It did when I did it that way.

SmellyFlorist

Is that the 200 model? And your say its quite noisy... how noisy... hear it through two brick walls noisy.....?? also, would it be better for one to budget for the acoustic ducting..? It is twice the price...

Rooibard

@ Double: thx that sounds like a bulletproof idea and ez to make! If I can find long enough anchors on local hardwareI got everything else for that muffler.

@ Smelly: will report the noise factor as soon as get the filter in but if u need silence then get acoustic after fan->out, u dont need the whole ducting acoustic... Also check ur local electrical/plumming shops they cheaper than hydroshops...

Peace

Rooibard

And yes its the 200mm model, plastic one is quiter... Vibration sound is the most dominant at the mom but u dont need to mount it to wall... Mounted into wood will take that vibration off aswell... Also the plastic one we got sitting on its base in other setup, this ufo wont stand on its own...

Peace

Rooibard

Cheese time

Cheese time

Finally after all issues on the way we got some product out! 3 x cheeses went down and managed to manicure everything in few hrs the other night. Wet weight is 600g which is less than expected but more than happy for result as didnt have chance to spent time with plants and all the daily routines has been taken care by my mates parents.
After pulling those 3 out we re-organized all remaining girlz straight under lights and switched the cycle to 10/14 for last 2 wks.
Same trip I managed to get hold of 2 cuts of OG Kush which is a lovely addition to collection:dance013:

Due to massive rush we had I didnt have time to shoot any pics before everything was done, sorry about that. This whole crop will sort out all my financial issues and my motivation is super high at the mom to get my own setup running like a well-oiled machine!

Peace

Rooibard

Shot bru! Took a bit home and rest is drying in the cab so will b done soon.. Only jarring a bit for myself and rest is cash. Theres a massive dry spell around here as 'they' ve been spraying outdoor crops with horrible poison around east cape so theres massive demand at the mom. Also the cape is on fire so that adds on as well. Huge fire btw, really sad... Went and dropped some water and eye drops for firemen.

Peace