What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon Organic Guerrilla 2009, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

coralreefer

these four plants are being grown using the 18-gallon tote 5-gallon bucket method. so far its been working wonderfully. just started using fox farm vegging nutrients 4 days ago and will be adding molasses very soon to move flowering along.

the weakest of the four...

the tallest of the four...

the queen of the four...

the last of the four...

the watering capacity has come out to be about 2-gallons every 3 days, its fucking hot where i live. i enjoy the hike and feel safe with its seclusion so i dont mind making the trip that often, but if i felt the need to only go up once a week the watering system could easily support that. its a beautiful system and i give props to back country for the design
happy days

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Wow! Thats sweet coralreefer! Thanks for giving the idea a try, I'm happy you are happy with it, and thankyou very much for sharing. You have more Earth holes going than I do, LOL!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Another late report! LOL!

Another late report! LOL!

Earthhole test, July 29-Aug 4
picture.php

Daily totals
July 29- High 109F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 32%
July 30- High 105F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 35%
July 31- High 101F, Low 68F, Avg humidity 44%
Aug 1- High 103F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 45%
Aug 2- High 93F, Low 71F, Avg humidity 58%
Aug 3- High 98F, Low 65F, Avg humidity 50%
Aug 4- High 94F, Low65F, Avg humidity 41%

Week totals
Average high 100F, Average low 68F, Average mean 82F
Average humidity 43.5%
Total Precipitation: 0.05 in
Water used in this period= 6 gallons

The plant used 6 gallons in this period, lots of hot weather, plus the plant has not slowed down growth, it is over 5 feet tall with multiple tops(it was topped) and quite bushy. Its looking like the heat wave has passed, we have had cooler weather and some clouds some days this week, it will be interesting to see if the water usage drops.

OR95 1 and 2
picture.php

You may recognize these plots from 2007, I reused these holes this year. I wish I could get more water on these guys more often, they aren't doing as well as they could.

OR95 #3
picture.php

This plant has reached 6 feet tall!

Anyways, its almost time for another update already!

Last edited:

lunatick

nice plants u got there coral reefer.

things r coming along nicely backcountry,is or95#3 still getting about 1.5 gal a week?

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Paddi- Thankyou! I'll get this weeks report up Tuesday or Wednesday :joint:

lunatick- The pitcher plants get 1 gallon twice a week. The super reliable spring I used in 2007 to water heavy all season, dried up in early June this year, very unexpected. Now I have to haul all the water from the next closest spring, a 20 minute walk through lots of brush. The difference in size between these plants and the 2007 plants is pretty obvious. I just can't believe that spring dried up.

Aeroguerilla- Yeah, that guy is a panting fanatic. I make a point of making sure he gets his turn to drink and take a dip at the spring when I'm filling jugs.

Earthhole test, July 29-Aug 4
picture.php

Daily totals
July 29- High 109F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 32%
July 30- High 105F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 35%
July 31- High 101F, Low 68F, Avg humidity 44%
Aug 1- High 103F, Low 69F, Avg humidity 45%
Aug 2- High 93F, Low 71F, Avg humidity 58%
Aug 3- High 98F, Low 65F, Avg humidity 50%
Aug 4- High 94F, Low65F, Avg humidity 41%

Week totals
Average high 100F, Average low 68F, Average mean 82F
Average humidity 43.5%
Total Precipitation: 0.05 in

The plant used 6 gallons in this period, lots of hot weather, plus the plant has not slowed down growth, it is over 5 feet tall with multiple tops(it was topped) and quite bushy. Its looking like the heat wave has passed, we have had cooler weather and some clouds some days this week, it will be interesting to see if the water usage drops.

OR95 1 and 2
picture.php

You may recognize these plots from 2007, I reused these holes this year. I wish I could get more water on these guys more often, they aren't doing as well as they could.

OR95 #3
picture.php

This plant has reached 6 feet tall!

Anyways, its almost time for another update already!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
these four plants are being grown using the 18-gallon tote 5-gallon bucket method. so far its been working wonderfully. just started using fox farm vegging nutrients 4 days ago and will be adding molasses very soon to move flowering along.

the weakest of the four...

the tallest of the four...

the queen of the four...

the last of the four...

the watering capacity has come out to be about 2-gallons every 3 days, its fucking hot where i live. i enjoy the hike and feel safe with its seclusion so i dont mind making the trip that often, but if i felt the need to only go up once a week the watering system could easily support that. its a beautiful system and i give props to back country for the design
happy days

Is that a 5 gallon jug next to the plants? Re-post those pics you have from building it, the ones you posting in the other thread.

Those are some awesome plants! It looks like you live in some dry/hot country, even more so than mine.

THC123

Veteran
lookin nice , wish i had your climate and all so early , are you close at the same latitude as spain or lower?

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I sit around the same latitude as Rome and Barcelona.

Some American cities at near the same latitude: Racine Wisconsin, Detroit, Albany NY, Boston.

And one from the southern hemisphere: Christchurch NZ.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
High-ya BC! .... So glad to see yer child is ok now, nothin in the world more scary than that.... interesting stuff ya got goin on here with the earth box thing. I'm gonna tag along and see how it works out for ya. Thanks a bunch fer sharing and good luck! Take care... BC

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran

Earthhole test, Aug 5- Aug 11

The Lab is 120 lbs-
picture.php

picture.php

Daily totals
Aug 5- High 91F, Low 57F, Avg humidity 43%
Aug 6- High 73F, Low 56F, Avg humidity 64%
Aug 7- High 70F, Low 57F, Avg humidity 61%
Aug 8- High 85F, Low 49F, Avg humidity 54%
Aug 9- High 89F, Low 53F, Avg humidity 44%
Aug 10- High 96F, Low 52F, Avg humidity 42%
Aug 11- High 95F, Low 59F, Avg humidity 38%

Week totals
Average high 86F, Average low 55F, Average mean 70F
Average humidity 49.4%
Total Precipitation: 0.00 in

My average temperature came down 10 degrees this week over last week, and my humidity went slightly up too, but water usage held steady at 6 gallons. I guess I can attribute the lack of change in water usage, despite cooler weather, to the fact that the plant has simply not slowed down growth, it is noticeably bigger every week.

It has occurred to me that this plant is getting pretty large for growing in just 10 gallons of potting soil, it will be interesting to see how this yields, its the largest Guerrilla plant I have ever grown.

coralreefer

No those are 3 gallon jugs, fuck if I could carry 5 gallon jugs a mile I'd be one ripped dude.

Here's the picture of the hole above ground minus the fill tube which is only a one inch pvc pipe...

I'm glad you like the plants this is my first year guerilla growing, second year growing so I'm happy it is turning out more prosperous then I had first hoped for. Your plants are looking great too. Earth hole plant looks much stronger then the rest though. Seems to me that Earth Holes are proving to be a very effective and efficient way of growing in the heat. Your strain looks very indica is it?

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
picture.php

It has occurred to me that this plant is getting pretty large for growing in just 10 gallons of potting soil, it will be interesting to see how this yields, its the largest Guerrilla plant I have ever grown.

just how tall is it? and if we were to calculate it's rate of growth how much did it grow on average (month, week, day) what would those numbers be?

But anyway... I can't wait to see it grow buds (the size of logs). If it is as big as you say it is (i really can't tell from the pictures and i really don't know how large a 60kg lab really is)...then it's a good candidate for the OPOP thread:joint:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Gantz- The cage is made from 4' wire, the tops are about 5' or so. But the plant is very bushy, and lots of health. A 120lb Lab is getting fairly large for the breed, when it sits like that, it measures about 2.5' at the top of the head.

My original target yield was 3-4oz out of this device, but I have a feeling this plant may be 6oz or more. 6oz is larger than any yield I have gotten from a plant in the boonies, at home it would be easy, but not when all the water arrives on you back, not in this climate.

So in short, for me this is a big plant, definitely not a one pound plant, but great for my situation.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I'm glad you like the plants this is my first year guerilla growing, second year growing so I'm happy it is turning out more prosperous then I had first hoped for. Your plants are looking great too. Earth hole plant looks much stronger then the rest though. Seems to me that Earth Holes are proving to be a very effective and efficient way of growing in the heat. Your strain looks very indica is it?

You seem to be doing good whether its your first year guerrilla style or not!
Yes, the Earth hole plant is doing much better, but its getting more water than the others, considering its much closer to a water source. But just the same, I have noticed a increase in overall health and vigor with the Earth hole, due to the constant availability of moisture. In dry climates, a major obstacle to good harvests is stress due to lack of moisture, especially during periods of extreme heat. The Earth hole not only prevent the shock, but allows the plant to grow full steam ahead, even through heat waves that would slow down a conventional Guerrilla grow.

OR95 is very Indica, a Fruit/Skunk smell and taste, and a semi-compact growth structure. Its the result of my father collecting and growing the seeds from bags of weed smoked in the SF Bayarea through the 70s and early 80s, some exotic Sativa was mixed in occasionally, but most was Indicas and Indica/Sativa hybrids from Humbolt and Mendo.
He basically kept adding the seeds from the best bags each year(lots of weed had seeds back then, even Cali grown), and selected seeds from the best to cross for next year.

When we moved to southern Oregon in the early 80s, he made one last cross with local strain that appeared to be 100% Indica, it was used for growing in green houses after the Aircraft surveillance made big outdoor grows hard.
He never added anymore to the mix after the Oregon edition, and it was backcrossed each year, always using the seed from the best buds, for 10 years. By 1995, the strain was quite uniform, and so we named it Oregon 95, its not too fancy, but many older smokers appreciate the taste that takes you back to the time when good weed was Skunk.
It is also quite hardy, and well adapted to my climate and region.

What strain are your plants? Are they seedlings or clones?

nomaad

Veteran
totally off-topic. Backcountry, are you familiar with a strain available in called "the Cough"?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your lab is a big pup. looks rathered relaxed in that pic. my cousins black lab is only 80lbs. labs are awesome dogs.

totally off-topic. Backcountry, are you familiar with a strain available in called "the Cough"?

i think you mean "strawberry cough?" it was started in colorado