What's new

Oregon Cannabis Tax Act Qualifies for the November Ballot

WishDoctor

What do ICMAG Oregon Growers think about this?
Going to go through?
or Fail?

A state that will pay growers to grow Good Clean Herb sounds almost to good to be true.

yerboyblue

What do ICMAG Oregon Growers think about this?
Going to go through?
or Fail?

A state that will pay growers to grow Good Clean Herb sounds almost to good to be true.

Well, the state won't be paying us to do anything, they will on the other hand, tax the hell out of us for doing such a thing.

WishDoctor

Well, the state won't be paying us to do anything, they will on the other hand, tax the hell out of us for doing such a thing.

boyblue
can you read
evidently not
and no taxes
that just the name and the commission can't tax, no power

taxes maybe later after another vote 2yrs-4yrs down the road

this law sets up a licensed growers market here in Oregon

let me point the way for you

show me the "we are going to tax you statements in this law"?
you can't because it doesn't exist

474.035 Powers and duties of the commission, licenses for cultivation and processing. Hemp fiber, protein, oil not regulated.

(1) The commission shall have the powers necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter. It shall make such rules and regulations as will discourage and minimize the diversion of cannabis to illicit sale or use within the state, the illicit importation and sale of cannabis cultivated or processed outside the state, and the illicit export or removal of cannabis from the state. The commission’s jurisdiction shall extend to any person licensed under this chapter to cultivate or process cannabis, but shall not extend to any person who manufactures products from hemp. Hemp production for fiber, protein and oil shall be allowed without regulation, license nor fee. No federal license shall be required to cultivate hemp in Oregon.

(2) The commission shall issue to any qualified applicant a license to cultivate cannabis for sale to the commission. The license shall specify the areas, plots, and extent of lands to be cultivated. The commission shall equitably apportion the purchase of cannabis among all licensees. The commission shall purchase and sell cannabis products of the quality and grade set by market demand.

(3) The commission shall issue licenses to process cannabis to qualified applicants who submit successful bids. Licensed processors shall, as specified by the commission, contract, cure, extract, refine, mix, and package the entire cannabis crop and deliver it to the commission’s physical possession as soon as possible, but not later than four months after harvest.

474.045 Commission to sell cannabis at cost for medical purposes. The Commission shall sell cannabis at cost, including OCC expenses:

(a) To Oregon and other states’ pharmacies and OCC stores for use under a physician’s order for glaucoma, nausea related to chemotherapy, AIDS, or any other condition for which a physician finds cannabis to be an effective treatment; and,

(b) To recognized Oregon medical research facilities for use in research directed toward expanding medical and sociological knowledge of the composition, effects, uses, and abuse of cannabis, to include studies of cannabis purchasers voluntarily participating through OCC stores under ORS 474.055.

474.055 Commission to set price and sell through OCC stores. The commission shall sell cannabis through OCC stores and shall set the retail price of cannabis to generate profits for revenue to be applied to the purposes noted in ORS chapter 474 and to minimize incentives to purchase cannabis elsewhere or to purchase cannabis for resale or for removal to other states.

robbiedublu

"Paul Stanford" - there's the deal-killer. He's the absolute WORST person to pretend to represent medical growers.

To use an old Mafia phrase - "he wants another chance to wet his beak"

Every election season we get to read about how much ClackamasCoot hates Paul Stanford. Yada Yada Yada.
I don't give a flying flip what you think about Paul Stanford. Ok, he's a shady character, just as many long term mj activists are. He's trying to make a buck. I don't care about that either. He's trying to legalize growing pot in Oregon for anyone who wants to grow it. That I do care about and i'll definitely be voting yes on this one. Clackamas Coot and Paul Stanford can both jump up my butt ! I don't care about your bullshit personal disagreements.

GetUpStandUp

boyblue
can you read
evidently not
and no taxes
that just the name and the commission can't tax, no power

taxes maybe later after another vote 2yrs-4yrs down the road

this law sets up a licensed growers market here in Oregon

let me point the way for you

show me the "we are going to tax you statements in this law"?
you can't because it doesn't exist

474.035 Powers and duties of the commission, licenses for cultivation and processing. Hemp fiber, protein, oil not regulated.

(1) The commission shall have the powers necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter. It shall make such rules and regulations as will discourage and minimize the diversion of cannabis to illicit sale or use within the state, the illicit importation and sale of cannabis cultivated or processed outside the state, and the illicit export or removal of cannabis from the state. The commission’s jurisdiction shall extend to any person licensed under this chapter to cultivate or process cannabis, but shall not extend to any person who manufactures products from hemp. Hemp production for fiber, protein and oil shall be allowed without regulation, license nor fee. No federal license shall be required to cultivate hemp in Oregon.

(2) The commission shall issue to any qualified applicant a license to cultivate cannabis for sale to the commission. The license shall specify the areas, plots, and extent of lands to be cultivated. The commission shall equitably apportion the purchase of cannabis among all licensees. The commission shall purchase and sell cannabis products of the quality and grade set by market demand.

(3) The commission shall issue licenses to process cannabis to qualified applicants who submit successful bids. Licensed processors shall, as specified by the commission, contract, cure, extract, refine, mix, and package the entire cannabis crop and deliver it to the commission’s physical possession as soon as possible, but not later than four months after harvest.

474.045 Commission to sell cannabis at cost for medical purposes. The Commission shall sell cannabis at cost, including OCC expenses:

(a) To Oregon and other states’ pharmacies and OCC stores for use under a physician’s order for glaucoma, nausea related to chemotherapy, AIDS, or any other condition for which a physician finds cannabis to be an effective treatment; and,

(b) To recognized Oregon medical research facilities for use in research directed toward expanding medical and sociological knowledge of the composition, effects, uses, and abuse of cannabis, to include studies of cannabis purchasers voluntarily participating through OCC stores under ORS 474.055.

474.055 Commission to set price and sell through OCC stores. The commission shall sell cannabis through OCC stores and shall set the retail price of cannabis to generate profits for revenue to be applied to the purposes noted in ORS chapter 474 and to minimize incentives to purchase cannabis elsewhere or to purchase cannabis for resale or for removal to other states.
Good post. This tho sounds way to good to be true, it also hints to a sly motive from the big ones in control. First its reading to me that the law will allow it, but only the best growers will be choosen to grow, dry, cure, etc, If I am reading it right. If this is the case, which I would not disagree with, it leaves the best growers to have the trust to put yourself out there, and pretty much work hand in hand with the man, and the man all up in yours. Pretty sure once this gets going the IRS will come in and set up shop, frickin not even a american entity IRS, but they will be there.

I can see how this can, and will be a problem. First I never trust the govt. we got Waco, 911, and many other reasons for that, but I hardly like to see the best growers grouped up in one place to be targeted if the shite hits the fan and goes south. Kinda putting all the eggs in one basket if you ask me. I mean I love the freedoms that already been fought for, and somewhat won, but I do realize there are some very big toes the MMJ movement has been stepping since this all started, and I hardly trust these snakes when they showed so many times that they control the issue, I mean I am getting tierd of the donkey and the caroot routine, donkey being the people, and caroot being freedoms.

Who knows, is this thing baby steps, or is it what it usually is another game to target and distroy ???

mr.brunch

Veteran
personally, even tho i am in uk not us, i would rather pay a fee and be able to do my hobby as a job. tax too? hell yeah , i wouldnt mind that .... id rather give back to the country than buy weed and send the money elsewhere.
it would also be funny to see the city boys clamouring to obtain shares in our weed producing companies

Latest posts

Latest posts