What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

TheBlaze

It certainly looks tasty. I ran their blue dream but wasnt all that impressed with it. Smokes well, but grew like shit.

EvergreenState

I had no problems with the Headband. If I would have vegged it for my normal 60 days, it would have been much bigger and yielded much more. Considering that I only grew one seed and didn't have to grow a bunch of them to find a good one, I'm impressed.

TheBlaze

Maybe their blue dream is just a bad representation of who they are. I grew out 3 of them. One had that strange rubbery, bubbly, twisted leaf thing going on and it didn't grow out of it. It was also lagging way behind. So after about 2 or 3 weeks I culled it. The other 2 were ok, but yield was no where near what was promised. I had a few strains going on in that run, and they were outperformed by just about everything. One of the 2 remaining girls was ugly as sin, but someone commented that it looked like the original clone that was doing the rounds in his area about 10 or so years back. I took that with a pinch of salt obviously. However, it yielded 97g and I didn't give it much attention because it was such an ugly duckling. Besides the yield, it has a really interesting metallic/berry smell and taste. Even had a metallic sheen to the buds. No real bag appeal though. Buds foxtailed all the way up the stem. Nice and strong, with a good hybrid (slightly sativa) leaning buzz. So... maybe not a bad strain at all, but not what I thought it would be.

EvergreenState

Smoke reports are so personal that I don't know how much it means to someone else. Different ages, different degrees of health, different tastes, different tolerances, different growing methods and grow room conditions, different drying and curing methods etc.
Blaze your description of the HSO Blue Dream doesn't sound too bad to me. Again though that is where the differences come in. You say it's pretty good just not what you were looking for. I've had some good Blue Dream, grown by someone else, and it was pretty damn fantastic. Once you've a good example of a strain you set a high standard for others to follow. That other one may be good and to someone who hadn't had a superior sample it may be damn good but not up to the standard set by someone else. I know it would be hard to match the sample I had.
Star Crash glad to know you had a similar experience to my own with the Headband. Never know if seed batch to batch will give you consistent results. Sounds like HSO is consistent with the 707 Headband.

EvergreenState

Some OPC buds that I'm getting ready to put in brown paper bags for a couple of days. I normally trim pretty tight before I start drying but I didn't this time. A bunch of little Christmas trees.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Big OPC top bud. You can see some nanners. These popped up after 10 weeks on some plants. As I've said many times you can't judge the plants harshly for things like this because my room conditions are not ideal. I also don't know how selective Golden Tree was when breeding his OPC plants. He may not have had any plants do this or know of other grows where the growers got some nanners; more than likely it was my conditions. Either way they showed up very late in flower on a few plants and had no effect on the grow.
A bunch of very big, beautiful buds was the main characteristic of these plants. I can't wait for the completion of the drying and curing.
picture.php

EvergreenState

An OPC bud that's been in a jar a few days and the humidity in the jar still has not stabilized, so it hasn't started curing.
picture.php

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Blaze the smell is strong and when I'm fluffing up a container of the buds it can sting my nose. It is very hard to describe. I really can't compare it to any thing. I've tried sniffing it over and over, and nothing comes to mind. It reminds me of walking into a room and smelling a wood floor that has recently been stained and waxed.It's a unique smell that's for sure. It's a pleasant smell and a potent one but not overpowering; it's smooth. I like it.
I harvested all of the OPC'S by Sunday. I was harvesting parts from all the plants throughout the week and finished on Sunday. I did leave some lowers on plants and took some of those branches down today. Big yield. I had branches drying all over the place and I have a bunch of containers full of curing buds. Very rough trim on the buds. I'll trim them tight later.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Some of those aren't colas. Some of them are buds broken off of colas and some are second level buds. Ever get to the end of a grow and you think, what the hell am I going to do with all of this pot? The answer of course is, hash!
When I was breaking down the OPC'S, that's what I thought. I knew having six of those going was too many but I wanted to see if there were many phenos. I found 2. The only real difference I saw was the height. Two were about 7 inches shorter than the other 4. Other than that, they looked very similar.
Probably 4 of them will be turned into hash. I'm smoking some of the hash right now. I took, I'm guessing, 8 grams of fresh bud and threw into my blender that was 2/3rds filled with ice water. I blended it it on high three times, medium once and low once. I poured that through a 160 micron bag and into a big Pyrex dish. I ran a fan over it for about a day and a half to evaporate the water. I do it this way because I get all of the oils and other tiny goodies that get poured out if your smallest filter is a 25 micron bag.
Damn it is so smooth. It's like smoking butterscotch. The effect of this fresh hash, the cured buds will surely give a different experience, is like the smoke. Smooth as silk. No electricity. You know what I mean when I say electric. You smoke something and then you feel like your whole body had an electric charge; you're buzzing. It's easy on your lungs, easy on your mind, easy on all your aches and pains. It's so relaxing and calming because of the good potency. Not at all what I expected from this. I was expecting some freaky sativa, racy, hold onto your seats, type of effect. It's potent without being crude. It's refined.
I'm drinking my morning coffee and I'm starting to feel the caffeine but the clear, smooth, relaxing, feeling at ease, pain relief without sedation, so far, is just a joy to experience. It's an, it's all good, smiling, relaxed, happy go lucky, care free experience.
It's couch locking in that you feel so good, you don't want to move. You want to sit still and enjoy the comfortable, relaxing and very soothing experience. It takes all of your baggage and throws it to the curb. Forget about everything, soul comforter. It's the hash assassin of your blues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ICKToz7BLLA

EvergreenState

Smoked another small ball of hash and my goodness it is so smooth. No harshness what so ever. It's like smoking air. You breath it in, you blow out the smoke and you feel nothing on your throat or in your lungs. The expansion of your lungs is zero. You can really feel the potency when you top it off. Ahhh relief.

Latest posts

Latest posts