What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

TheBlaze

That is an excellent smoke report bud. I can see you are passionate about this.

I'm too scared to smoke hash, or any concentrate. My tolerance has stayed abnormally low over the years. Even though I smoke every day. It just never seems to increase. 2 bong rips of decent herb and I'm sky high. Uncomfortably so quite often.

For me, the "addiction" is growing. Find that much more enjoyable than actually smoking. I'm a weirdo. LOL!

EvergreenState

Blaze I think you'd be surprised at how mellow some hashes are. I wouldn't say this hash, mind you this was made with a bunch of small popcorn buds, is overpowering at all. I've smoked a lot of herb that was way stronger than this hash.
Weed is much more electric or energizing than hash. Hash is pretty damn mellow. Trust me man I wouldn't steer you wrong. I don't get off on giving something very strong to someone and watch how fucked up they get. That's some cruel shit. I want people to enjoy themselves and have a good experience.
Get a gram of some mellow hash, take one toke and see how you feel. Trust me you won't freak out, I think you will really enjoy it and be very surprised at how mellow it is. I find it much easier on my lungs, throat and head than herb.
Dosing is really important to having a good experience and everybody has to determine for themselves how much to dose. You are comfortable with a couple of hits. That's great because the whole point is to have a good experience and you know how much to dose for you. With hash, for you, I'd take a small piece and take one hit, blow it out quickly and relax.
I think you'd be surprised at how easy it is on your body and how mellow it is!. I think much of the bad reaction to pot is how the body negatively reacts to smoking all of that material. When you eliminate the material with hash, you eliminate many of those negative reactions. It's very smooth and for me, a much milder and cleaner effect.
Start with a very small dose and see how it affects you. I think people hear the word concentrates and think, oh it's ten times stronger; trust me with hash, that's not the case. Unless you have a low tolerance and try to smoke a gram of it in one sitting. Don't worry, dose low, you won't freak out and I think you will really enjoy the mellow experience of hash.

TheBlaze

Hmmm... You have me curious now. Now to find some decent hash. Not an easy task in South Africa. I suppose i could try make some with my next harvest.

EvergreenState

It's just a different kind of high and adds variety. Try a little hit and see if you like it. One small hit won't overpower you.

EvergreenState

OPC BUD
picture.php

TheBlaze

That is exactly what I will do. Will scissor hash do the job? I've never bothered to try it. Always just thrown it away.

That OPC bud looks delicious. I've got some LV420 beans in soil now. Can't wait to try my hand at some GT genetics. His blueberry x bubblegum is a hit around here.

EvergreenState

Orange Pekoe Canbodian Deep Chunk Pheno Cured Smoke Rep.

Orange Pekoe Canbodian Deep Chunk Pheno Cured Smoke Rep.

picture.php

Took a .35 gram dose from this 1.35 gram beauty. Oh and the title is wrong . It's the Back to the Congo Deep Chunk Pheno. Way too potent for a wake and bake before I had my coffee. Damn it smacked me upside the head. And I be trippin'.:dance013::smoweed:

Last edited:

TheBlaze

Damn that is so pretty. Pity my rep power is non-existent. Deep chunk pheno?? Thought it was a landrace cambodian sativa?

I'm harvesting some Strawberry Diesel tomorrow. Will make sure to save the scissor hash this time.

EvergreenState

Blaze the title is wrong. It was the Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno. I was way too high at the start of the day before I had my coffee, to be posting.:bigeye:
Can't wait to hear your reaction to the Strawberry Diesel scissor hash.

EvergreenState

There are 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the Auburn, Georgia game and if Georgia comes back to win this game it will be a miracle.

EvergreenState

Back to the Congo Deep Chunk Pheno Cured Smoke Report

Back to the Congo Deep Chunk Pheno Cured Smoke Report

Ok now that I've recovered from my, way too early in the morning to be that high report, I'll try giving a real report. My dose was a little high for first thing in the morning, so high I mislabeled it in the title and the Congo has cured into a much more potent smoke than I expected. It took me by surprise.
The smell and flavor is a mildly spicey menthol. The high comes on fast and the cured bud at a .35 gram dose is very potent; I wasn't expecting that level of potency. As I've said before with this pheno when I sampled buds in earlier stages of cure, it's Deep! It's got all of the power and body of a heavy Indica with the juice that drives this train provided by the Congo. It's the perfect marriage of the two strains effects.
I'm almost at a loss for words in how to describe the effects. It's so thorough and complete ( AND DEEP!) on so many levels that Richard Williams gets my highest praise for his creation. I know breeders work and work on their creations trying to get exactly what they envisioned when they had the idea of combining 2 great strains. Richard your Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno is an glorious success.
You stoners out there owe it to yourself to grow the Back to the Congo. Out of a ten pack of seeds, 5 this grow and 5 the last grow, I got 3 of the number 1's, what I call the common pheno which flowers and finishes fast, 45 daysish and I could be wrong about it being the most common because I had 3 of them and 2 of the Congo #3. I'd need to grow out more to be sure.The #1 has been the mildest as far as potency goes and is a hash plant for me.
I got the Deep Chunk pheno out of a ten pack so they must be pretty common. It's your powerful, Deep Indica total body and head, ahhhhh that's so very nice, kind of high. Sampling early stages of curing buds of the number 3 Congo(60-65 days flowering), it's almost cured, it's more Congo. Of the early samples it has been the most potent as far as the Congo effects, more head, more electric, music is great, art is great but, although very good Indica effects, it definitely doesn't have the Indica potency of the Deep Chunk pheno. The Deep Chunk pheno doesn't have the level of Congo effects potency that the #3 has. I'm eager to try the cured samples of the number 3. I'm guessing the #3 pheno is what Richard will use with his new Congola. The Congo crossed with a Thai.
Either the Deep Chunk pheno or the number 3 would be good breeders. The Congo males I had were really pretty plants and they would be fun breeders. Back to the Congo by Richard Williams, you owe it to yourself to try it. It's definitely worthy of space in your grow room and it comes with my highest recommendation.
picture.php

EvergreenState

A good beer if you like a bitter beer that tastes like you're drinking a tart, fresh squeezed grapefruit. The flavor profile on the label is accurate. Pretty potent at 6.4% ALC/VOL.
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Some cool old playing cards and cocktail napkins left at our home from the previous owner; a career military officer. A small piece of a Back to the Congo #3 bud. A motivation boosting, creative and fun ride. This beer is also a great complement to this bud.
Beer hasn't always been a good complement to a good high. This one is.

TheBlaze

I see you're a beer man. I love beer as well. The craft beer market has really taken off here in South Africa over the last few years. Last weekend, I spent harvesting. No time for anything else. This weekend, we will braai and drink copious amounts of beer. I'm partial to Weiss beers myself.

TheBlaze

That link doesn't work, but no, I'm not familiar with that brand. I assume it is german weiss beer, looking at the name.

The only imported beer we have here, are the big names like Stella. Much prefer the small micro breweries over the large commercial outfits. My everyday beer is black label though. Craft beer is expensive! ;)