What's new

Orange Diesel & Thai Haze x Skunk #1 in 30 gal DWC

SoEx

Don Cotyle said:
:muahaha:

I found a few bud sites turning purple as they begine to fill out, still about 40 days left to go. Dark temps have been kept in the 50-60 range...sure hope the rest turn purple!

Man, I'm drooling :p

Beautiful. How much longer do they have to go? The 120 day wait really seems worth it.

D

Don Cotyle

Hi SoEx, I belive they're 98 days today leaveing 22 days to go. I just dosed em with their last boost of Fat Bud 0-50-30. They are finally starting to show some weight gain, plenty of trichs showing(still all clear) but still on the light and airy side. I'm gonna let em go as long as they show improvement. I found alot more of the purple sites today.

Yea Lil Wayne cut his down and burned some, he said it had a great taste and really kicked ass...damn near put him to sleep ;P

The plant has about a 3 1/2' thickness to the canopy so I tied em away from the center to hang the 400Wer, I've been moveing the lamp daily from the top, to middle, to bottom and back to the top. Lights have been cut back to 9 on and 15 off and no nanners showing yet so I belive it's working. Temps are kept low lights out between 50-60*f. I'll update with some pix tomorrow, they've settled in nicely with some stalks going horizontal with nice vert node growth. The Thunk sure is a hairy strain!!!

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Lookin good, Don.

Have any thoughts on canopy control. I thought stretch had slowed :muahaha: boy was I WRONG! Super cropping is easiest but, hardly slows it down at all. Any idea how many times you can super crop a single stem? I cut off a couple of the biggest offenders and that brought those stems to a rapid halt but, that seems so drastic.

Po' me, I have more weed than I can handle :violin:

SoEx

clowntown said:
I'm surprised by the put-to-sleep thing... :chin: Narcotic effects from Thai Haze x Skunk #1? :chin:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too when I read it. Care to elaborate a bit more, lil wayne?

I definitely have noticed before when smoking pure sativas that if I go too far I get the lovely psychedelic high, but then eventually will pass out if I go too far. But it's the most lovely feeling ever, and I have BEST time passed out one can possibly have, heh.

D

Don Cotyle

Hey ya'll that's what he said, no shit! I was thinking the same thing, but go look at post #97 this thread...that's what he said!

Freezerboy, I'm telling ya man they have a mind of their own, I topped em 3-4 times to try to slow em, they finally slowed when they had no place left to go and hit the cealing. Keep the longest runners bent over...till their all bent over:p J/K Seriously Let them get 4-6" off the screen and bend em back down to the screen, drop the screen on top of the rez give ya a few inches. I just let mine go after awhile and kept em tied back. Whew, I'm ripped, been doing keif hits. Hey didn't I tell you to watch out when you were germing em ;) If your halfway there I stay away from to many big cuts, lower your nitrogen levels to half and drop your lights to 10/14 might slow em down!
Sorry for the ramble, I'm a little crispy around the edges today=P

Same same clowntown see post #97 here!!

Hey SoEx, I burned a popcorn bud and got a euphoric spacey head with nice body undertones. I could see how if you over indulged the body tnes could creep up on ya:)

I too love a screaming up trippy high, I've got to grow our Paradise Seeds Belladona!!!

Off to the closet for a photo session! Click Em!!!

:jump:

Here's the right plant

the left plant

Harmony in the closet

Last edited:

SoEx

Don Cotyle said:
100 days and going strong!!! The Thunk is frosting up and filling out :headbange

Yummy, even your trim is going to be trichome-caked it looks like! So ~20 more days to go? Or do you think they'll need more time?

D

Don Cotyle

I'm hopeing for only 20 days left but I'll let em go as long as it takes to get a 50/50 cloudy-amber trichs. So far only clear with a few cloudy, but I'm getting ready to order some new beans to geta nice mother and take clones for an outdoor grow. Just might try the Belladonna in and out:p just might grow out an 8 week strain for some variety!!!

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

salgjkhaf, I'm actually running 2 meters both hanna. One is a PH meter (red)981401 and a TDS meter 983301 (blue). Sorry but heres the rundown on em anyway.

These plug directly into my house current and are always on, I can check levels at a glance of the liquid crystal display. Once permamiters are established there is an led alarm light that can be set to your chosen hysteresis. If the PH varies by more than + or - .2 the alarm light will flash, basically the same with the TDS meter + or - 100 PPM. They are also very easy to calibrate between grows. The ones I have are a little on the expensive side $100 per but you can get them as a package deal from time to tme for around $130 for both. They are about 5 years old and are still working great!!!

N

NZjay

im watching Don.
man that closet is PACKED ! lol..

best of luck. cant wait to see what ya get outa there!

D

Don Cotyle

Hi NZjay, They are finally starting to fill out and the trichs are loading up. I found 4 small banannas on one of the top colas :badday: , DAMN :badday: , I picked em off and cut one open and it was loaded with pollen. I'll be checking and pulling daily, I want em to finish without a bunch of beans!!! Probably some LRS (land race strain) genetics in there they are wanting to self pollinate...NOT gonna happen if I can help it!!! Only 19 days left and only a few hairs turning and 15% cloudy trichs, hopefully they'll be OK and I won't have to cut em early. Thanks for the LUCK :headbange , I might need it now! Lots more purple in there now. Seems the farther away from the light the frostier the buds are!!!

Sure hope Lil Wayne puts up his Thunk nug shots today!!!

salgjkhaf

Don Cotyle said:
salgjkhaf, I'm actually running 2 meters both hanna. One is a PH meter (red)981401 and a TDS meter 983301 (blue). Sorry but heres the rundown on em anyway.

These plug directly into my house current and are always on, I can check levels at a glance of the liquid crystal display. Once permamiters are established there is an led alarm light that can be set to your chosen hysteresis. If the PH varies by more than + or - .2 the alarm light will flash, basically the same with the TDS meter + or - 100 PPM. They are also very easy to calibrate between grows. The ones I have are a little on the expensive side $100 per but you can get them as a package deal from time to tme for around $130 for both. They are about 5 years old and are still working great!!!

exactly what i needed to here. thanks a shit ton DC. i'm gonna go pick me up the on that tests ph/ec/tds. thanks again and good growing

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Just wanted to say that tying down has worked very well. Far better than topping or supercropping. The Thunk just laughed at me for the latter. While none of my buds are large, nor are all of the hidden ones larger than the exposed ones, the largest I have are all semi hidden. Either shaded by fans or hiding behind other buds. Makes me wonder if I should build some kind of light baffle. Seems a strange thought after all I've gone through to accomodate the 250 CMH but, I want the plants to get what they want rather than make them suffer through what I want or have.

D

Don Cotyle

Same here, the larger frostier buds seem to be getting inderect light. You might want to put an old or should I say a thin or worn thin white sheet or t-shirt just over the plants. Back in the day I had a pair of blue swim trunks with white poka-dots and I thought it very funny that where ever there was a white dot I had a tan dot. Enough sun got thru to actually tan my skin. Might be worth a try and then give!

Glad to hear the tyeing worked out for you, definatly better than loseing bud sites by topping!

D

Don Cotyle

What a loooooong strange trip it's been! ;) I started this dual grow from seed back on 10/26/07 and finished on 3/20/08 approximatly 145 days.

The yeild for the Orange Diesel was 6 oz 11 grams, we'll have to wait and see if I made my 1lb goal.

Thunk was harvested today, trim of all fans went fast I'll trim the buds after cure. Still a little left to do:p

First a shot of the Orange Diesel hang, 2 rows deep.

Now the Thunk...back row

Thunk both rows

All in all I had a good time enjoying my hobby, glad I could share it with ya'll!!!
Thanks for stopping by and giveing input. Us growers gotta stick together :headbange WEEEdogies!!!

I'll check back from time to time with some bud shots after the cure and a smoke report!!!

SoEx

Don Cotyle said:
What a loooooong strange trip it's been! ;) I started this dual grow from seed back on 10/26/07 and finished on 3/20/08 approximatly 145 days.

The yeild for the Orange Diesel was 6 oz 11 grams, we'll have to wait and see if I made my 1lb goal.

Thunk was harvested today, trim of all fans went fast I'll trim the buds after cure. Still a little left to do:p

First a shot of the Orange Diesel hang, 2 rows deep.

Now the Thunk...back row

Thunk both rows

All in all I had a good time enjoying my hobby, glad I could share it with ya'll!!!
Thanks for stopping by and giveing input. Us growers gotta stick together :headbange WEEEdogies!!!

I'll check back from time to time with some bud shots after the cure and a smoke report!!!

Ohhhhhh boy! Phew, that looks like you were successful! congratulations! What was the total wattage you were running?

Let us know if the 140 day flower period was worth it! :rasta:

D

Don Cotyle

I've been running 400W HPS from seedling!!! ;) I'll be sure to stop back in with a smoke report!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts