What's new

Opinions/ Experience with Sensi stock?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a little early to say, but I am vegging some Maple Leaf Indica and they are going strong. Very robust. Hope they smoke great.

mr.brunch

Veteran
did their fem super skunk. exactly as described, sweet skunky aroma tight fat buds. covered in resin and no hermies. this was last year(2011) and the clones i threw out there are still doing the rounds.

Goyakla

i would defently avoid SS., but go to Paradis seeds for the goooood genes,, never have a bad exp., with Par.,

Yesca73

i always wanted 2 try Sensi (mli,mr.nice,jack)but have heard to many neg experiences . seems to risky
have wanted 2 try Paradise also(delahaze,senistar)maybe in future
have purchased MNS (criticalhaze) they have a good website,they give extra seeds in the pack,medical discounts to patients , good info and feedback on forums , quick response from shanti, and no middle man

Grew their Northern Lights, a very vigorous plant, quite resiny.
Surprising amount of Sativa in it, it's nowhere near a full on indica.
Far as I remember all those seeds germinated but I have grown some of their other stuff in the past and got low germination rates, eg. Big Bud and only 3 germinated, and I think that was back when they were selling 16 seeds in a packet.
The problem was that some of the seeds they were selling were immature, maybe they were in a hurry to get them out there and make money and didn't leave them on the plant long enough to mature properly.
I think their Hash Plant had the same problem.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I bought some Sensi MLI last fall. Grew out one plant at 12/12 from seed and it is pretty good smoke.
What I didn't like however is the quality of the seeds themselves. Five or six of the seeds look healthy enough but the remaining seeds are thin little miniature immature pale looking pips. They are the same quality of seed I throw outdoors for the birds when I sort my own beans. I doubt they will sprout this Spring when I attempt to pop them.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
My experience with Sensi stock is extremely limited but 1 pack of Super Skunk seeds bought back in '09 has yielded a stellar keeper that has withstood some heavy competition for real estate in my garden.

I've only popped 4 from the original pack, the other female was a Skunk pheno that was kinda bland, but I doubt there's a better plant to be found in the next 6.

picture.php

sensi 2008 northern lights=stretchy sativa, thai dominant and never wanted to finish flowering. nothing like the breeder description at all, not a dense compact quick finishing indica.

In 2009 I popped 10 sensi northern lights. 1 female was this thai dominant pheno. huge yielder but 11 weeks to finish. The other 4 females were just like sensi's description. short, compact, extremely resinous and quick flowering(45-49 days for me). I was very pleased with this pheno

F

Fluffy Clouds

i didnt buy sensi seed in long time, like 12 years :D so i dont know, i heard some bad opinions on how they reproduce stock, from people i respect... but i dont know anything about it just hearsay but i grew cut of marlies collie, which is from sensi seeds for sure... it was superior plant...

picture.php

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Man I wish I would have gotten some of their HP back in the day when my boys were growing it in the early 2000's. That stuff was definately on point up until then because that still is the best bud i've run across ever and i've ran across a lot ;). Just can't imagine wasting a pile of $ to only be dissappointed by what is my favorite strain so far. Wish someone would just S1 the HP "Lizard" pheno and put some up on the Bay i'd be all over them no joke. This is strain is what i use to judge a strong indica by and so far I haven't found 1 close to the potentcy of the "scary" pheno my friends found. Looks like i'll be trying that Sensi Star hopefully this year also and i'll see how it compares to the old HP we had. Lets try to preserve some of these strains if we can as a community, i'd hate to see some of these disappear forever. Take care 1

hum sorry to hear about sensi seeds loosing some of their original stuff and outsource seed production ..must confirm that last super skunk pack i selected from was full of sativa like hazy something ..no superskunk indica with great funk in that one, early skunk ...again same sativa something they put in SS pack ..nothing like original ES, shiva shanti 5 popped out of ten ..useless ..all hermaphrodites early after switch on 12 hours, northern lights ..5 poped out of 20 seeds ..2 females ..one get hermie, ok what about ed rosenthal ...20 seeds ..just 2 popped up both turn to males ..so for me just huuge waste of money....something must be going terribly wrong in sensi these days

purple_man

Veteran
screw sensi seeds (sad to have to say that...), used to be a big supporter up to 2k2-2k3, that's when in my opinion quality started going down the drain REALLY FAST...

tried some regs 2-3 years ago, and no resemblence to the old releases, so i guess one better stay away from their stock, unless one gots lot of $ and lots of time for xy strains marketed as the old ones :/

blessss

U

Ultra Current

Sensi used to be top of the line until they lost their Moms and Dads. They wont tell you that though but it is obvious. Now they are garbage. Doesnt mean you cant get lucky and find a good female but its harder now than in the past.

growhi

Sensi used to be top of the line until they lost their Moms and Dads. They wont tell you that though but it is obvious. Now they are garbage. Doesnt mean you cant get lucky and find a good female but its harder now than in the past.

is there actually a story that they lost there mothers ? even proof ? or are you just guessin they have coz off bad reviews ?

doobie413

inside source

inside source

I've got a NL5xHaze and Super Skunk from them going right now. They were both single feminized seeds that I bought so it isn't a very good sampling. Both seeds germinated very quickly and produced healthy plants.

The NL5xHaze is about to get chopped. I got a very indica dominant pheno and it never stretched like the description said it would. The yield isn't going to be very good but that is probably because I didn't veg it for very long due to height concerns. I also topped the plant early in veg and I think this particular pheno would have done better with a single main cola. So far I have resisted the urge to take any early samples but the buds are looking nice and frosty. I am looking forward to giving it try (and really hope it comes close to the hype) but that is still a couple of weeks away. Based strictly on growing it, I wouldn' have a problem recommending it if the price doesn't scare you. The lights are out right now but I can get a bud shot for you later.

The Super Skunk has been a very vigorous plant. It has a very bushy growth pattern without getting topped and never stretched much. It's still probably 3 weeks from finishing and is not in a very good spot in the tent to take pictures. I'll see if I can get an angle to get a cola shot for you. This was a cheap seed and it is just another skunk variety so it is hard to get too excited about this one.

Good luck with your decision!
I heard from a inside source when they changed the laws there they lost most of the original mother and fathers from the stock they bought from nevil and there fem seeds tend to either be males or hemie but who know maybe you will luck out i no i tried there NL#5 x haze and i have a mother from the 80's still i dont even think there the same plant to be honest they look like there from two different worlds

U

Ultra Current

is there actually a story that they lost there mothers ? even proof ? or are you just guessin they have coz off bad reviews ?

I cant say for every strain but i was growing sensi since 1993 and it is very obvious. The Shiva skunk is no where close to the same anymore in any way. I grew shiva for 10+ years. The hindu kush changed too. Most companies who are for profit arent going to let you know they lost the old stock. Growers like myself who grew the old stock can tell very easily if the parents have changed just from growing out the new stock.

I want to share my experience with sensi skunk 1 feminized 2011 stock.
First grow was in summer so with heat issue, they yielded a lot, big sticky buds, but with almost no effect.
I complained here and people told me it was not ready when i harvested after 8 weeks of 12/12.
I tried this winter with no heat issue, i let them 2 weeks more and the problem is the same. Almost no effect.
So for me, sensi skunk fem is a bad strain. I don't recommend it.
I used to grow skunk 1 regular a few years ago and it was awesome, very good.
I don't trust sensi anymore. There are expensive and not reliable. Because skunk is their oldest strain, they could have checked it before spreading the market with this shit!
There are cheaper strains/breeders that are far better.

Latest posts

Latest posts