What's new

Opinions/ Experience with Sensi stock?

AGrow

Anyone have any opinions or experiences they'd like to share? You don't hear much about Sensi around here I feel like...

I'm particularly interested in:
Hash Plant, NL5 x Haze, Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, Jack Herer, and Cali Orange Bud.

G

growhigh1233

Anyone have any opinions or experiences they'd like to share? You don't hear much about Sensi around here I feel like...

I'm particularly interested in:
Hash Plant, NL5 x Haze, Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, Jack Herer, and Cali Orange Bud.

well iv grown out there northanlights and found a stunning example that i grow for over 2 years !!

i think sensi have a bad rep with the pot snobs !

same as greenhouse seems to have and barneys to !!

most peeps on here have fav breeders!! and strains!!! witch they defend and promote with near extreme prejudice

for me sensi are just as good as any other big name breeder!!

but a little tip on the n5x haze .............. join mr nice's fourm and buy them from mr nice

mr nice is as good as it gets really

Peacefrog

Veteran
I've got a NL5xHaze and Super Skunk from them going right now. They were both single feminized seeds that I bought so it isn't a very good sampling. Both seeds germinated very quickly and produced healthy plants.

The NL5xHaze is about to get chopped. I got a very indica dominant pheno and it never stretched like the description said it would. The yield isn't going to be very good but that is probably because I didn't veg it for very long due to height concerns. I also topped the plant early in veg and I think this particular pheno would have done better with a single main cola. So far I have resisted the urge to take any early samples but the buds are looking nice and frosty. I am looking forward to giving it try (and really hope it comes close to the hype) but that is still a couple of weeks away. Based strictly on growing it, I wouldn' have a problem recommending it if the price doesn't scare you. The lights are out right now but I can get a bud shot for you later.

The Super Skunk has been a very vigorous plant. It has a very bushy growth pattern without getting topped and never stretched much. It's still probably 3 weeks from finishing and is not in a very good spot in the tent to take pictures. I'll see if I can get an angle to get a cola shot for you. This was a cheap seed and it is just another skunk variety so it is hard to get too excited about this one.

Good luck with your decision!

Loosey

I have Sensi's Hash Plant going on veg now. All 10 seeds germinated and made it, 1 was little slower than the others and i didn't find any variation in veg. Im now rooting my cuttings and starting a grow, now that ive chosen my motherplant. First signs of roots came just in 7 days..

Just smoked HP grown from my seeds couple days ago and it was smooth and gave nice and mellow bodystone, the smell was very different what i ecpected, much sweeter and smooth as hell to lungs. No problems here smoking or growing so far but it was my first pack from Sensi. Im happy with my investment even though some of their seeds can be a bit expensive like Hash Plant is.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I've got a NL5xHaze and Super Skunk from them going right now. They were both single feminized seeds that I bought so it isn't a very good sampling. Both seeds germinated very quickly and produced healthy plants.

The NL5xHaze is about to get chopped. I got a very indica dominant pheno and it never stretched like the description said it would

I wouldn't count on female seeds being the same. The males are useful. 1 of 10 of my seeds was indica. It had little potency and sucked all around. I'll be cutting some clones from one of the other pheno (again) tonight. Fruit+flower smell.

The NL5xHaze pictures I've seen at MNS forum showed their product with a more indica look than 2008 Sensi product. I haven't seen comparisons from those who've grown both products. Many people who post about Sensi have never grown them. It's a rare thread where the word Sensi is mentioned and people don't trample each other to inform us that they have a bad reputation. Sensi's is definitely strong and a decent yielder in my hands.

Probably with the price of those Sensi products it's going to be easy to be not so satisfied. Their cheaper stuff is not that much worse. No one seems to like their HP, for different reasons. It is said that price reflects availability, which is not necessarily demand.

Solidopc

I bought some fem'd nl5/haze from a single seed site, and they didnt germ, and i was kindly gifted a whole pack of jack flash that also didnt germ. I dont know why i have such trouble with germing their gear, as i never have a problem with white label and i tried alot of their stuff. I was going nuts looking for the nl5/haze but without paying so much with the risk of them not germing, so i also found the version on mns forum. If i buy them, it will be from mr nice cos its cheaper and they have a good rep, but i have no problems trying more sensi stuff. Just went halves on packs of skunk kush and shiva skunk with a mate. And a load of my mates have grown their stuff and got amazing results. I just got this dam monkey on my back about germing sensi seeds, no matter what method i try, they might pop, but never grow. Frustating at £18.50 a seed.

This thread should be interesting the last time i germed sensi gear was 2002 (nl5haze and jack)and it was full germ and 100% pure quality all the way.I always wondered why everyone now bitchs about sensi is it just empty moaning or did sensi really lose there way?????

Solidopc

I think with that ban on growing shitloads of plants, and breed, sensi have been unable to make any new strains, and i know ive been told they wouldnt just put out any old untested cross. To breed a new strain, you need 1000's of plants. Guess its why shanti went to swiss.

I've heard rumours that sensi now have outside growers making their beans for them and lost cuts of particular varieities, but ive never seen any information or evidence to prove it.

I love sensi though, ive toked some of the best bud ever from sensi stuff, jack herer, nl5/haze, hindu kush, shiva skunk, silver haze, great stuff, just bit expensive and not one of the "in" breeders anymore, i guess cos they are unable to breed being the only reason. Even sensi smile had to shut down, where the infamous bros grimm found their princess and a11.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
I've heard rumours that sensi now have outside growers making their beans for them and lost cuts of particular varieities, but ive never seen any information or evidence to prove it.

Solidpac, unfortunately the rumor of outside breeders is true. I bought a pack of early skunk fems and got a pack of misfits and hermies. Ive bought 100's of packs of fems and the ES fems were pure bullshit.

Im not a sensi hater. In fact, Maple leaf indica is one of the finest afghans ive ever grown and ive grown other good strains from them, but something has happened at the company. For one thing, they are part of the knot headed fools that dont like femminized seeds, but they were forced to make them by the market. Femminize or perish so they femminized but their heart isnt in it and their petty attitude and behavior regaurding fems has moved them from a premium company to a crappy company.

Their prices are ridiculous. Their hashplant nor any other indica plant they sell is even remotely as potent as sensi star, yet sensi star seeds are 80 bucks and Sensi's indicas are $150. They need to reprice at more realistic levels before I will buy again.

Buy Karma's Jack, its a far better deal. Nirvana's White Rhino is everybit as good as Black Domina.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I think with that ban on growing shitloads of plants, and breed, sensi have been unable to make any new strains, and i know ive been told they wouldnt just put out any old untested cross. To breed a new strain, you need 1000's of plants. Guess its why shanti went to swiss.

I've heard rumours that sensi now have outside growers making their beans for them

I find it difficult to believe that Ben D. went to the trouble of buying land in Morocco and Thailand, and doesn't breed there. Not that foreigners buying land and having pot grown on the site would be welcomed, but I'd guess that the laws are lenient enough, and any necessary bribes are trivial enough, to grow for seed in both countries.

Solidopc

Well they certainly aint breeding new strains, apart from one new medical strain, which is not going to be very high in thc but high in cbd. Apprently medical grade cannabis has around 1% or so cbd, this strain is supposed to have way over that. You can read about it on their forums.

But the reasons i gave for them no longer breeding, are from the mod as the sensi site, so i guess he must be correct.

The land in thailand is a holiday resort, no mention of cannabiss on its website. No idea what he does in morroco, but sensi just aint breeding new strains anymore and thats that, for now. Shame.

Rinse

Veteran
Prices are just insulting really, a good friend who grows indoors tells me afghan from Nirvana seeds (25 euro) is better than sensi's 120 euro hashplant...

G

growhigh1233

to be fair to sensi about priceing you only have to look here on ic to see there not the only ones !!

come on you have people sellin ibl's that are just made up of sensi's genes,mr nice's genes and others and tryin to charge major dollas for !!

then trying to say they have the worlds best cannabiss lol

mediocrity is not a option ................ neither are stupid inflated prices lol

nivana are a shineing light !! good solid genes ripped from other companys, for a good honest price !!

mr nices prices are the most i will ever pay, and even his most expensive are good value coz you get 18 seeds :)

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Jack Flash is a real treat, pricey but worthy.
Also Mother's Finest deserves more attention.

Peace

=K

Latest posts

Latest posts