What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

- Opiated Thai Sticks: Myth or Truth? -

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
why is it odd hempy,
they come from completely different countries and cultures ,

anyhow im not so sure the hash i had as a young fella that was reputed to be opiated actually was , i think it was just stronger hash than folks were used to and so the legend was born ..

and im sure the thai sticks werent , just read above posts to see why ..

The Golden triangle is still thriving today Donald cannabis opium is still being grown and smuggled the busts prove that.

After 9/11 borders got even harder to get things in or out but they still do nothings is impossible .

The evidence is there Opiumated Thai sticks were real the UN drug agency DEA and others have them documented.

Well you posted in 2010 saying you smoked opiumated hash mate i smoked both opiumated hash and Thai sticks.

That was a long time ago it was part of history people are free to believe what ever they like but agency's like the UN drug agency is not going to make that up.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Not much cannabis crops being grown in thailand these days hempy ,
the odd few , but not much large scale ,

its the old local knowledge and geography thats failing you again im sorry to say ,
you need to get out of your lounge and go check these things out for yourself like a bunch of us have ,
you d soon see your living in a bit of a bubble and a dream man ...

and as i said i question the hash that i was given as a young fella and told it was opiated ,
i dont reckon it was ,
while ive not smoked opium , i hang out with plenty that have ,
the affects are not the same as cannabis , its actually detrimental to the cannabis high from what im told ...

the stuff you posted before about the un and dea in fact did not prove the existence of opium in thai sticks at all , you were reading with rose coloured glasses man ... i dont really like debating with you ,

your quite ignorant and your reading comprehension is poor ,

and the fact that you have never traveled to see anything beyond australia gives you a limited perspective also ... all that makes debating with you futile and not really any fun at all ,
there is no way u will even consider any evidence given by others ,

its your way or the highway , which is no way to have intelligent conversation
makes it boring as hell man and quite frustrating ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
btw ,, authorities make stuff up all the time and frequently lie.. just because they say something , doesnt make it truth by any stretch ..

therevverend

Veteran
im still certain the believers wont be convinced even from a guy who live there and set up the smuggling of thousands of tonnes of thai sticks ,
they prefer to believe a guy in their own country selling them the stuff who has never been there , never smuggled any , never talked to the locals , and has a way to increase his profit margin ,
some humans are so gullible ...

I know someone that did, that lived there and smuggled Thai Stick and said some were opiated. You went out of your way to insult me, call me a liar and you say this guy is telling the truth. How do you know this? Are you God? You already told us your point of view, many posts ago and you're still here wasting everyone's time telling everyone who's story is different then yours they're idiots. Why are you still making more posts, simply to insult people and cheerlead the idea that we're all a bunch of morons? Why are you so invested in this bullshit? You haven't said anything new pages ago, I knew if I looked at this thread again you'd be here babbling with no new insights to add?

One new bit of info I found, a US Army memo about drug use in the military. From the early 70s, late Vietnam era. One of the things it said, soldiers were testing positive for opiates that were using marijuana but not opium or heroin. So in court martials for drug offenses a permissible defense for a positive opium test would be smoking Thai Sticks. Because they'd been known to contain opiates. I'd assume since it's the military they'd likely tested the stuff and found a sample that contains opium.

And yes, please make a post telling me that I'm stupid for posting this silly stuff, that it's wrong, the army made a mistake and it doesn't mean anything. Because you're God, you went to Thailand and saw a cannabis plant so you're the expert, you are the Thailand.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hahaha ,
go sit down and relax and smoke some opiated weed rev ,
you seem pretty worked up man ,, try to chill out ,

your reputation is still intact , im allowed to disagree ,

even vehemently , thats how debates work man ...

i didnt insult you , its more the other way around ,
but i reckon my shoulders are broader than yours ,
and it wont bother me in the least ..

troutman

Seed Whore
What I can see though is in the old days is opium coming from Laos or Burma being smoked along with Cannabis in Thailand.
Doesn't mean they are opium laced Thai Sticks. Just saying I bet some people mixed drugs like people mix alcohol drinks.

Don't like that answer? Grow you own poppies and make your own damn opium Thai Sticks then. :biggrin:

Stocktont

Veteran
It's the same arguments circulating around and around still missing the point of people questioning it. It's not to call anyone out or to insult but to get to know what it is you guys claim to know that we don't. How did they add anything close to opium to cannabis? Looking at the sticks how were they treated to get anything close to opium onto the sticks and how did they get it to mix in such a way that it was smokable and burnt well enough to give any kind of opium like effects?

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]How did it smell, taste, burn, look etc? Was it just the outer layer of the cannabis that had been treated as in dipped or how did they get it to mix with all of the weed on the sticks? How did they get it into pressed hash or did they press it with the hash or was it a layer around a piece of hash? Simple questions if you saw it and smoked it and know so many people that did. No one is saying people didn't smoke cannabis and opium but I think we (that don't really believe in the anecdotes) just want to know how this merger of cannabis and opium into one product was done. How was the experience smoking it? [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Telling me that the UN and DEA wouldn't lie or make shit up is just as believable as most of the “dipped in opium” stories. Weren't those very organizations involved in telling the world about the dangers with cannabis during most of the “war on drugs”? Didn't they make shit up about horrible side-effects of cannabis to make it and keep it illegal?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]If you believe in the stories of “early water” let us all know just exactly what that early water was. It sounds more like people made that up not having a clue on how poppies are turned into heroin. Two of the by-products (from the first two steps) are extraction and filtering by-products and the potent parts were extracted and filtered out of the water that remained after the process. The last step which would leave a by-product with water is highly toxic and I would like to know if this is what they used, in that case I am glad I never smoked any of that shit. Not that it's potent in any opium way but it is potent in a poisonous way, again it being a refining process where the actual potent part of the opiate substance is transferred into the heroin not into the by-product. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Again I am just curious to learn what it is you guys say you know. I am not arguing about if it existed or not I want to know how it existed. Can you see the difference? If you can't tell then fine but then it will be very hard to convince others that it did, even if it did.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It's the same arguments circulating around and around still missing the point of people questioning it. It's not to call anyone out or to insult but to get to know what it is you guys claim to know that we don't. How did they add anything close to opium to cannabis? Looking at the sticks how were they treated to get anything close to opium onto the sticks and how did they get it to mix in such a way that it was smokable and burnt well enough to give any kind of opium like effects? [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]How did it smell, taste, burn, look etc? Was it just the outer layer of the cannabis that had been treated as in dipped or how did they get it to mix with all of the weed on the sticks? How did they get it into pressed hash or did they press it with the hash or was it a layer around a piece of hash? Simple questions if you saw it and smoked it and know so many people that did. No one is saying people didn't smoke cannabis and opium but I think we (that don't really believe in the anecdotes) just want to know how this merger of cannabis and opium into one product was done. How was the experience smoking it? [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Telling me that the UN and DEA wouldn't lie or make shit up is just as believable as most of the “dipped in opium” stories. Weren't those very organizations involved in telling the world about the dangers with cannabis during most of the “war on drugs”? Didn't they make shit up about horrible side-effects of cannabis to make it and keep it illegal?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]If you believe in the stories of “early water” let us all know just exactly what that early water was. It sounds more like people made that up not having a clue on how poppies are turned into heroin. Two of the by-products (from the first two steps) are extraction and filtering by-products and the potent parts were extracted and filtered out of the water that remained after the process. The last step which would leave a by-product with water is highly toxic and I would like to know if this is what they used, in that case I am glad I never smoked any of that shit. Not that it's potent in any opium way but it is potent in a poisonous way, again it being a refining process where the actual potent part of the opiate substance is transferred into the heroin not into the by-product. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Again I am just curious to learn what it is you guys say you know. I am not arguing about if it existed or not I want to know how it existed. Can you see the difference? If you can't tell then fine but then it will be very hard to convince others that it did, even if it did.[/FONT]

You do understand that we are discussing this from 50 years ago, right?

mexweed

Veteran
if it works like a lot of other ethnobotanical water extractions they probably acidified the water and simmered the poppies in it

I've only smoked opium once and it just looked like dark hash, smoked it like hash too mixed in a bowl with weed, tasted really floral, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are strains out there that if made into hash might taste similar

if you dip some airy larfy schwag in water and let it bake in SE asian sun it will dry out pretty quick, my guess is they tied the sticks after they were dipped and dried and let them ferment, so it probably just looked like dark fermented resin

there is the cannabis growing region and the poppy growing region, but there were no doubt individuals involved in the drug trade that weren't tied to those regions, just like not every gram of cocaine that has ever come out of Colombia was on behalf of Escobar, meanwhile someone figured out you can mix coke and heroin and it had nothing to do with Escobar

or like when the BOEL started rolling joints with DMT sprinkled in, not every smoker rolling joints was privy to that or even knew it existed, even hippies that were growing in their backyard and doing lots of acid

of course it's not the most efficient way to smoke opium, it's like would you rather smoke oil as a dab or as moonrocks, obviously the dab is going to deliver a more direct hit, so no one is going to overdose on an opium stick but they're going to get more than weed high

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
if it works like a lot of other ethnobotanical water extractions they probably acidified the water and simmered the poppies in it

I've only smoked opium once and it just looked like dark hash, smoked it like hash too mixed in a bowl with weed, tasted really floral, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are strains out there that if made into hash might taste similar

if you dip some airy larfy schwag in water and let it bake in SE asian sun it will dry out pretty quick, my guess is they tied the sticks after they were dipped and dried and let them ferment, so it probably just looked like dark fermented resin

there is the cannabis growing region and the poppy growing region, but there were no doubt individuals involved in the drug trade that weren't tied to those regions, just like not every gram of cocaine that has ever come out of Colombia was on behalf of Escobar, meanwhile someone figured out you can mix coke and heroin and it had nothing to do with Escobar

or like when the BOEL started rolling joints with DMT sprinkled in, not every smoker rolling joints was privy to that or even knew it existed, even hippies that were growing in their backyard and doing lots of acid

of course it's not the most efficient way to smoke opium, it's like would you rather smoke oil as a dab or as moonrocks, obviously the dab is going to deliver a more direct hit, so no one is going to overdose on an opium stick but they're going to get more than weed high
except your missing the point many have been saying ,
which is the opium was not grown near the weed ,
in fact they are no where near each other ,

you would have had to move one or the other , and had cooperation between two tribes of people who dont cooperate ,
one lot would have to either buy the stuff , or rely on the other to give them the money once the product was sold ,
there is no way they would do that ,
your thinking of this from a western perspective ,
they are not westerners , they do not work the same way as us ...

i know its difficult to think like another culture that is so different to our own ,
but in time you learn to accept the differences , and realize the way we do things is nothing like the folks in south east asia do ...

Stocktont

Veteran
You do understand that we are discussing this from 50 years ago, right?

Hello Dr.Purpur I do understand some of the stories goes back at lest 50 years yes, what is your point? I am asking how it was made. Again I am trying to explain that I am genuinely interested in finding out how they got the opium like substance on to the cannabis be it 50 years ago, 15 or 5. Are you referring to my question on how it smelt, tasted, burnt and effected and pointing out that you don't remember it? It's fine, I am more interested in how it was made into one product like I tried to state. Was heroin refined in another process 50 years ago?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It's in this thread. Early water which was a waste product from heroin process was reportedly used.

Earthy spice woody incense crisp clean.
Soaring bright euphoric head high.

I dont think I've seen sticks since the end of 1976. There was some great Thai buds some years later

Cvh

Supermod
Below is a repost of a post I made earlier into this thread.

I even doubt that there exists something as 'Early Water'.

Please could somebody enlighten me and point out in the heroin making process when/how 'Early Water' is leftover as a waste product?

It looks to me everything is boiled off. It would also be a rather ineffecient extraction process when you have to throw away water which contain active ingredients.

Anybody any experience/knowledge about the heroin fabrication process?

---------------Repost----------------

Following the post below (from another thread) the water is completely boiled off in the opium process.

During which step are the Thai Sticks then supposedly dipped? Before the re-heating and boiling off? Or are the sticks steamed during the boiling off?

Which step in the process is this 'early water'?

(Here is also the link to the PDF mentioned by Raho in the quote below:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/141189NCJRS.pdf )

Processing opium (from the PDF govt report I linked earlier):

COOKING OPIUM (page 12)

Before opium is smoked, it is usually cooked. Uncooked opium contains moisture, vegetable matter and other impurities which detract from a smooth-smoking product. The raw opium which is collected from the opium poppy pod is placed in an open cooking pot of boiling water where the sticky glob of opium alkaloids quickly dissolve. The soil, twigs, plant scrapings, etc. remain undissolved. The solution is strained through cheesecloth to remove these impurities. The clear brown liquid, sometimes called "liquid opium," is actually opium in solution. This liquid is then re-heated over a low flame until the water turns to steam and is driven off into the air. When the water has evaporated. a thick paste remains. This paste is called "prepared opium," "cooked opium," or "smoking opium" and itis dried in the sun until it has a putty-like consistency. The net weight of the cooked opium is generally about twenty percent lighter than the original raw opium. Likewise, cooked opium is also more pure than in its original, raw form.
Cooked opium is suitable for smoking or eating by opium users. Traditionally there is only one group of opium poppy farmers, the Hmong, who prefer to not cook their opium before smoking. Most other ethnic groups, including Chinese opium addicts, prefer smoking cooked opium.
If the opium is to be sold to traders for use in morphineorheroinlaboratories,itisnotnecessaryto cook it first. The laboratory operators generally use 55-gallon oil drums or huge cooking vats to cook the raw opium before beginning the morphine extraction process (described in the next chapter).

EXTRACTION OF MORPHINE FROM OPIUM (page 13-14)

Raw or cooked opium contains more than 35 different alkaloids, including morphine, which accounts for approximately ten percent of the total raw opium weight. Heroin manufacturers must first extract the morphine from the opium, before converting the morphine to heroin. The extraction is a simple process, requiring only a few chemicals and a supply of water. Morphine is usually extracted from opium in small clandestine "laboratories" which are typically set up near the opium poppy fields. Since the morphine base is about one-tenth the weight and volume of raw opium, it is desirable to reduce the opium to morphine before transporting the product from the field to a heroin laboratory.
The process of extracting morphine from opium involves dissolving opium in hot water, adding lime to precipitate non-morphine alkaloids and then adding ammonium chloride to precipitate morphine from the solution. An empty oil drum and some cooking pots are needed.
Following is a step-by-step description of morphine extraction in a typical Southeast Asian laboratory:
1. An empty 55-gallon oil drum is placed on bricks about a foot above the ground and a fire is built under the drum. Thirty gallons of water are added to the drum and brought to a boil. Ten to fifteen kilograms of raw opium are added to the boiling water.
2. With stirring, the raw opium eventually dissolves in the boiling water, while soil, leaves, twigs, and other non-soluble materia1s float in the solution. Most of these materials are scooped out of the clear brown "liquid opium" solution.
3. Slaked lime (calcium hydroxide) or more often a readily available chemical fertilizer with a high content of lime is added to the solution. The lime will convert the water insoluble morphine into the water soluble calcium morphenate. The other opium alkaloids do not react with the lime to form calcium salts. Codeine is an opium alkaloid which is slighty water soluble and which will be carried over with the calcium morphenate in the liquid. For the most part, the other alkaloids will become a part of the "sluge."
4. As the solution cools, the morphine solution is scooped from the drum and poured through a filter of some kind. Burlap rice sacks are often used as filters and can then be squeezed in a press to remove most of the solution from the wet sacks. The solution is then poured into largecookingpotsandre-heated,butnotboiled.
5. Ammonium chloride is added to the heated calcium morphenate solution to adjust the alkalinity to a pH of8 to 9, and the solution is then allowed to cool. Within one or two hours, the morphine base and the unreacted codeine base precipitate out of the solution and settle to the bottom of the cooking pot.
6. The solution is then poured off through cloth fllters. Any solid morphine base chunks in the solution will remain on the cloth. The morphine base is reploved from both the cooking pot and from the filter cloths, wrapped and squeezed in cloth, and then dried in the sun. When dry, the crude morphine base is a coffeecolored powder.
7. This "crude" morphine base, commonly known by the Chinese term pi-tzu in Southeast Asia, may be further purified by its dissolution in hydrochloric acid, adding activated charcoal, re-heating and filtering. The solution is filtered several times, and the morphine (morphine hydrochloride) is then dried in the sun. (See Figure 8.)
8. Morphine hydrochloride (tainted with codeine hydrochloride) is usually pressed into small brick-sized blocks in a press and wrapped in paper or cloth. Themost common block size is 2 inches by 4 inches by 5 inches weighing about 1.3 kilograms. The bricks are dried for transport to heroin processing laborabories.
Approximately 13 kilograms of opium, from one hectare of opium poppies, are needed to produce each morphine block of this size. The morphine blocks are then bundled and packed for transport to heroin laboratories by human couriers or by pack animals. Pack mules are able to carry lOO-kilogram payloads over 200 miles of rugged mountain trails in less than three weeks.

Stocktont

Veteran
It's in this thread. Early water which was a waste product from heroin process was reportedly used.

Earthy spice woody incense crisp clean.

I dont think I've seen sticks since the end of 1976. There was some great Thai buds some years later

Thank you for answering Dr. Purpur. I have read the thread and I am aware of the “early water” statements but it doesn't really explain how that water, which ever of the three waste/by-products of water from the heroin process it refers to neither does it explain how it would give an opium like effect so I guess we're back to “reportedly so”.

Thanks also for your input on the smell/taste and effect, sounds like good thai weed to me nothing else. Soaring bright euphoric head high sounds like a really good south east asian for sure and I am sure it was good weed. Doesn't sound like an opium high to me though but we all experience the effects of drugs differently.

My experience with opium from Laos (not from 50 years back but 20) would be radically different. It's a warm body feeling with a dream like state that is quite different than what I have ever experienced from cannabis, almost like a feverish type of feeling. When smoked in a proper opium pipe it will erase the borders between awake and sleeping and to me – as I don't like opiates – it made me unable to really tell if I kept looking at the wall painting or if I dreamt I was sitting there looking at it and I found that it didn't matter to me. I had an apathetic feeling to most things in a sort of calming way when high on opium. Soaring, bright and euphoric sounds much better in my book, wish I had felt that way high on opium.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Thank you for answering Dr. Purpur. I have read the thread and I am aware of the “early water” statements but it doesn't really explain how that water, which ever of the three waste/by-products of water from the heroin process it refers to neither does it explain how it would give an opium like effect so I guess we're back to “reportedly so”.

Thanks also for your input on the smell/taste and effect, sounds like good thai weed to me nothing else. Soaring bright euphoric head high sounds like a really good south east asian for sure and I am sure it was good weed. Doesn't sound like an opium high to me though but we all experience the effects of drugs differently.

My experience with opium from Laos (not from 50 years back but 20) would be radically different. It's a warm body feeling with a dream like state that is quite different than what I have ever experienced from cannabis, almost like a feverish type of feeling. When smoked in a proper opium pipe it will erase the borders between awake and sleeping and to me – as I don't like opiates – it made me unable to really tell if I kept looking at the wall painting or if I dreamt I was sitting there looking at it and I found that it didn't matter to me. I had an apathetic feeling to most things in a sort of calming way when high on opium. Soaring, bright and euphoric sounds much better in my book, wish I had felt that way high on opium.

Soaring bright euphoric head high

doesnt sound like an opium high to me either ,
based on what my friend staying here told me when i questioned him recently , he experienced it quite a number of times in south east asia also

but a great cannabis high though ,

that sativa grown in the south east asian tropics also has some different affects to the stuff grown in more temperate climates ,
which may cause folks to think it has something added ,
it can be quite trippy and almost darn scary at times depending on tolerance , set and setting,
very energetic and certainly not lethargic like one might expect from opium though...

quite an aphrodisiac at times also ,
im not sure opium has those attributes in its high??.

therevverend

Veteran
The term 'gullible' has been bandied about quite a bit. I don't believe it is gullible to suspect imported cannabis batches had been adulterated during the 1970s. When numerous law enforcement agencies, military organizations, smugglers, stoners, opiate addicts, doctors, hospitals, all reported this. I do believe it is gullible to believe that cannabis that is grown and smuggled by large organized crime syndicates and then sold for maximum profit to consumers desperate to get high is safe. Many believe cannabis is in a special category, somehow pure and immune from tampering. There's been numerous threads on this site and reports from all over the world, of people adulterating cannabis and hashish with all sorts of dangerous stuff. Opium is actually one of the safer substances I've heard of, believe it or not. I'd much rather smoke opiated Thai sticks then PCP on crippy, or that plastic shit they put on the buds in Europe.

We've discussed this quite a bit in the thread. If you dissolve opiate extracts in water, then soak a Thai stick in the water, after it dries it's difficult to distinguish from a regular Thai stick. It burns differently, and when it hits your lungs it expands and makes you cough, the way opium does if you're not used to smoking it. Very different from how cannabis hits your lungs. Unless you've handled enough Thai sticks and seen enough batches it's difficult to distinguish between the two.

They're still adulterating shit with opium in China. I posted this before but it's worth posting again, because it goes into more detail. An argument against adulterating cannabis with opium is that opium is valuable, why would you waste it? When you go to a restaurant in China you could be getting opiates in your dinner.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/world/asia/china-noodles/index.html

The noodles were not just tasty. They were addictive.
A Chinese noodle vendor in northern Shaanxi province has been detained for 10 days after admitting he added powdered poppy plant — from which opium is made --- to his dishes to keep customers coming back, Chinese media has reported.
The owner said that he bought 4 catty (2kg) of the substance for 600 yuan ($98) in August. He said he added it to his food to make it taste better and to improve his business, the Huashangbao paper reported.
The opium-laced noodles came to light after police stopped a vehicle driven by a 26-year-old man and tested him for drugs not long after he had consumed a bowl of the noodles.
The man was detained for 15 days on charges of drug abuse and was not released until family members told police how they had also eaten at the same restaurant and tested positive for the drug.
The paper said the risk of becoming a drug addict from the laced noodles, even if eaten continuously for a long period of time, was unlikely.
It added that lacing food with opium poppy was not uncommon in China, with similar cases in 2010 and 2012.

He bought 2 kg of the poppy for $98. I'm guessing poppies in Thailand in the 1970s were much cheaper. Poppies are easy to grow, they come up like weeds. You don't need to water and fertilize but it will improve your crop. It's actually much easier to grow opium poppies then cannabis.

One more thing I'll add. Donald is implying that my friend told his story about opiated Thai stick as some sort of exaggerated glorious story to show off or impress people. This is not true. He does not like talking about opiated Thai sticks. I had to drag the story out of him. Since members of his family's opiate addiction began with adulterated Thai sticks. It was a terrible thing, hurt him a great deal and it was an uncomfortable conversation. I pestered him regardless because it's important to inform people about the dangers of adulterated cannabis and trying to sweep it under the table is fucked up assholism. This is why I started growing my own, and why everyone should grow their own. Or at least know a farmer, know where you're cannabis comes from. What chemicals were used to grow it, how much destruction was done to the water and wildlife where it was grown. How much electricity was used, how many dams or how much coal was burned to power the lights. It's true that no matter what you do or where you go someone is getting fucked but I try to at least be informed of who I'm fucking.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
If I remember correctly, there could be some anxiety while smoking the old Thai sticks.They had very high THC levels, and no CBDs. Its been so long ago, but I believe I was told they dipped them after the buds went on the stick, to soften, or balance out the high.

It seems like people in here think we are talking about someone slathering thick opium all over a stick. No. It was a watery bath, that was not concentrated. I dont think it affected the flavor. It did however expand like a mother.

I only saw those sticks during the Vietnam war. I was told GIs were bringing them back in their gear.

1976 was the last time I ever saw sticks. I went to secret pot store in San Francisco run by Dennis Peron. He had pounds of big beautiful sticks. They had twice as much bud on them. He said they were Buddha sticks. He told me they were not opiated. We talked for a long time.

You guys would have gone nuts to be there. There must have been at least 50 lbs of top shelf import weed in there. All kinds! Columbian Gold, Columbian Red, Budha sticks, black hash, blonde hash, Amazon mushrooms and the very best of all was Cambodian Red. I was seeing colors. Joint after joint of all types went around non stop. The cambodian was a perfume incense earthy, piff like, with a very visual high. It was very expensive for 1976 @ $205 an ounce. I think the Columbians were $70 a zip. The Columbian Red had an earthy wonderful flavor too. That was full on couch lock bud. The Gold was a more delicate light clean flavor with more up high then the red. I bought some of everything, and walked out with a brown grocery bag

Asiatica

If I remember correctly, there could be some anxiety while smoking the old Thai sticks.They had very high THC levels, and no CBDs. Its been so long ago, but I believe I was told they dipped them after the buds went on the stick, to soften, or balance out the high.

It seems like people in here think we are talking about someone slathering thick opium all over a stick. No. It was a watery bath, that was not concentrated. I dont think it affected the flavor. It did however expand like a mother.

I only saw those sticks during the Vietnam war. I was told GIs were bringing them back in their gear.

1976 was the last time I ever saw sticks. I went to secret pot store in San Francisco run by Dennis Peron. He had pounds of big beautiful sticks. They had twice as much bud on them. He said they were Buddha sticks. He told me they were not opiated. We talked for a long time.

You guys would have gone nuts to be there. There must have been at least 50 lbs of top shelf import weed in there. All kinds! Columbian Gold, Columbian Red, Budha sticks, black hash, blonde hash, Amazon mushrooms and the very best of all was Cambodian Red. I was seeing colors. Joint after joint of all types went around non stop. The cambodian was a perfume incense earthy, piff like, with a very visual high. It was very expensive for 1976 @ $205 an ounce. I think the Columbians were $70 a zip. The Columbian Red had an earthy wonderful flavor too. That was full on couch lock bud. The Gold was a more delicate light clean flavor with more up high then the red. I bought some of everything, and walked out with a brown grocery bag

Love the stories about the older gear man.
I wish I could have seen that.
Thank you for sharing!:thank you:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

You guys would have gone nuts to be there. There must have been at least 50 lbs of top shelf import weed in there. All kinds! Columbian Gold, Columbian Red, Budha sticks, Amazon mushrooms and the very best of all was Cambodian Red. I was seeing colors. Joint after joint of all types went around non stop. The cambodian was a perfume incense earthy, piff like, with a very visual high. It was very expensive for 1976 @ $205 an ounce. I think the Columbians were $70 a zip. The Columbian Red had an earthy wonderful flavor too. That was full on couch lock bud. The Gold was a more delicate light clean flavor with more up high then the red
do u think they smuggled the thai sticks from the north east ,way over to the far north by the tonne and then dipped them in the water ,

and then an even longer trip to a port , then sent them on from there ,

or do u think they smuggled this water that seems to be a mystery as to exactly what it is and whether it has any value at all , all the way from the north to the north east and then the farmers there , in collaboration with folks they dont associate with , dipped them , then redried them , and smuggled their "enhanced" sticks to a port ??

thats some logistics going on there isnt it and all for a few cents each stick ....

do you guys think sam skunkman who went there during those years a dozen times and asked the locals what the story was with the opiated sticks , was lying , or being lied too by the thais he had gotten to know in those dozen trips ??

do you think peter maguire who purchased and smuggled thousands of tonnes of thai sticks who also said it was an urban myth was lying aswell ,

or perhaps the guys on the other end receiving their thai sticks who had never been to thailand , were making up a story because they knew this stuff would knock folks for a 6 , so it would be easy enough to convince them it had something added and it would make them a few extra bux ??

dr purpur , you have not described what the high of cannabis mixed with opium would be like ,
only the high of good cannabis ,

and you cant explain what this secret dipping sauce is ,
just that u know it happened because someone told you right??

Im not calling you guys liars as rev suggested , you were duped into buying something for more is all ,,

but you not only bought into the story , you have then convinced yourselves its true and helped spread it as though it was,
on top of that you ignore all information presented to the contrary by people who were there and saw the process and purchased the product ...

so no amount of first hand accounts ,, science , logistics or common sense is going to change your minds it seems ...

with that in mind , i think we are wasting our time here , and you stubborn old buggers wont be changing your minds in any hurry , maybe if the guy that bullshitted to you in the first place came around and said he wasnt sure and was just told this information also, it might help ,
but thats going to ruin his reputation , so unlikely going to happen ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts