What's new

Operation Retirement - $nype Style!

JointOperation

man.. next season you might wana set up a pvc or some hose and run water out to the sites.. or atleast rent something to dig with.. and build a man made pond near each spot..

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Outdoor growing is expensive...

What did you spend the 25K on though?

Out here 25K will buy you over 100 pallets of potting soil...

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Hey Snype, Ya really need to look into Rocket Mass Heaters.
12 cords of wood is CRAZY You will only need 4-5 with a RMH.

Check out Ernie, and Erica. this is a short video, but They have one that is over an hour long. That video explains all the hows, and whys of this ancient tech. You hauled a larg bucket of ash every day last Winter,, didn't Ya. These things burn so hot that they reburn the ash.
You wont fill 2 of those same buckets all winter.

[YOUTUBEIF]4usXIAoy9us[/YOUTUBEIF]

Keepin It Twisted

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Hey Snype, Ya really need to look into Rocket Mass Heaters.
12 cords of wood is CRAZY You will only need 4-5 with a RMH.

Check out Ernie, and Erica. this is a short video, but They have one that is over an hour long. That video explains all the hows, and whys of this ancient tech. You hauled a larg bucket of ash every day last Winter,, didn't Ya. These things burn so hot that they reburn the ash.
You wont fill 2 of those same buckets all winter.

[youtubeif]4usXIAoy9us[/youtubeif]

Keepin It Twisted

Those stoves are the shit!!!! I was looking at a video about one last year. Instantly hd me sold. Super easy to build as well. No smoke, and you pretty much can use kindlin'.

JointOperation

this dude is a true grower lol.. lots of work.. yes.. but lots more reward.. and 25k on outdoors for as big a run hes doing is nothing.. he can make that back on between 5-15 plants.. u spend lots on soil.. pots.. andd tons of shit u wouldnt even expect to be buying.. but lots of odds and ends.

i can see snype and snypette going to a store with a list.. and coming back with more then they had on the list.. especially because. they said they are far away from stores and other neighbors.. so when u make a trip. you make it worth it .

great work bro.. keep on keeping on.. and get it done.. and sit back.. and relax and watch it grow.. then back to work trimming and getting it ready for sale.. its hard work. .but wen u smoke .. its very rewarding to be like.. see this bud.. i grew it.. and its better then anything else around here..

Snype

Veteran
I had no idea how much work that this was going to take. I can barely keep up with what is going on. I'm about to hire some workers to take care of other tasks that can be done outside the farm to try and bring my work load down further. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work but it's also still a dream and I try to have as much fun as I can doing this work. I got an indoor harvest after this weekend which is going to take time away from all the outdoor responsibilities. After a lot of thinking about the outdoor, I'll be happy getting 50-100 pounds. Anything below 50 pounds will be a complete failure to me. In reality, this is all just practice for the 2015 outdoor season. The plants outside seem to be doing pretty well and none of them went into flowering like some of you thought. I've also met some other growers that put out plants at a similar time as me and their plants haven't gone into flowering either. So that's good to know for next year. We had some great sun the last few days but now it's raining and overcast with no sun. We have no idea what plants are going where or what plants are going into the ground or how many are even going out. I feel like I have until June 20th to figure it all out. That's pretty much all for now. I hope everyone's grows are doing great! Enjoy the season!

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Your going to do Ok Snype. Your on a steep assed learning curve Mang. You may well not achieve the goals You set at the start, but You know Marry. She will let Ya know what She needs. It is going to take a few failures to get it figured out. With Your dream, and the shear hard headedness to endure the failures, and learn the lessons. You may surprise Us all, Yourself included.
Either way,,, no doubt 2015 will be much better.

Peace; 1TT

Snype

Veteran
BYTCH - 4,000 Watts - Day 58 Flower
BYTCH (ChemdogDoubleDiesel) is a pretty picky plant to grow. She doesn't like intense light or heat after day 42 of flower or she will tend to run (foxtail). The last couple of weeks of flowering, I take the temps down to 60F and she gets much more resin. She makes you work for her beauty. This is an 8 pound crop. I also gave out more samples to other people that I trust of every MOM that I'm growing and so far the last 2 guys said that BYTCH is better than everything that I have including KK StarDawg, Illuminati, The White and everything else. I'm finally able to see that what I have is better than most of the clone only's which I never knew before but I suspected. I personally enjoy Pootie Tang StarDawg and KK StarDawg more than BYTCH because BYTCH is more of a downer compared to the others but she is very potent and has crazy smells and flavor.
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
BYTCH - 4,000 Watts - Day 58 Flower
And for some of the growers that I gave BYTCH to who think that she can't produce resin:
picture.php

All you have to do is get those temps down as far as you can. I like to be at low 60's in late flowering to get her to resin up.

And look way below the canopy and there's still great dense bud:
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
I've still been trying to figure out if I need to dispose of any of my original 8 keeper MOMs. BYTCH is staying for sure! Motorbreath seems to be finding the bottom of the list with the testers. I'm about to smoke a joint of over 5 month cured Motorbreath and see if I can find a reason to keep her. Nobody is fond to her smells. Out of all the Sour Diesel and Chemdog pheno's, I always get rid of this type of smell that I find about 25% of the time. It's like a syrup type of smell. It's real hard to describe. Anyway, she grows very nice dense buds and she's potent but her smells just kill her.

I want to do a couple more grows of the 4 StarDawg phono's to see if I need to eliminate any of those as well. I could possibly get rid of #9 because she's very similar to the smell of the Motorbreath pheno that I want to get rid of and StarDawg#9 grows much smaller buds than everything else or similar to The White. She's real potent though so it's hard to tell. People seem to put Illuminati below KK StarDawg and Pootie Tang.

People are wanting more Oregon ICE which is surprising to me but people say they like it more than The White. Personally I like The White more but I had Oregon ICE at the bottom of the list and she's moving up from what people are saying.

Well time for me and Snypette to enjoy a joint of Motorbreath#6!

captinahab

We started growing the same year... i aint got no folgers cans burried either. Worried about makin rent.... sucks....got more bills than money. thought karma would let me prosper but it never happened. I never had a big come up and never got to own a home. Ive had over 120 jobs in my life so i dont think another job is the answer. I have never been on public assistance either. I live on a mini fridge that contains walmart brand hotdogs and totinos pizza bought with my 25 dollar a week food budget . Ive had a rotten tooth for months that is black. It hurts every second because im waiting on a free clinic at the end of the month to get it pulled. Prison would be a step up .. but last year i was living in a camper with no water. I was freezing in the winter with frost on the floor. I would wake up with migraines because my head lost so much heat... and the year before i was homeless.... so i guess im supposed to be happy that things are getting better slowly... im with ya man... get rich or die trying. I listen to "motivational marijuana " on youtube and get pumped about going big. Your stacked thou. You got 20 + grow experince .... so you know what you are doing and dont need advice on growing from anyone. You also have the biggest thing needed... land. If i had 3 hundred acres i would expect no lest than a mill in the retirement account. It should be very doable if you put in the work.

Snauseberry

This could be bad for business, but i only grow stuff i prefer. Since im from socal, its mostly kushes. I had a g13 cut that produced the biggest, resin covered buds, but i had to cut it out because it wasnt "kush". I hope i develope a different taste one of these days.. Lol

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, my Chem DD cut I used to have was super tough... and was awesome outdoor, outdoor DD is some of the best smoke I have ever had. great yield too.

picture.php

^ this was literally the lowermost bud from the plant, hanging right about he soil

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

I love outdoor chemdog double D

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea man OD growing is a grind, and the expenses are endless. renting earthmovers, buying truckloads of soil, amendments, water storage and irrigation infastructure, more amendments, random shit like trellis fencing and t-posts, foliar sprayers, water pumps, hoses, supp lights, trimming machines, gennies and fuel, shit adds up super quick. 25k can blown in a month easily...and thats before even paying workers!

no way i could run my garden on one or two people...i usually have at least 3 people working at any given time. their pay is either hourly, daily, or they work for pounds at the end of the season. and i keep them rotating since no one ever wants to stick around for the entire season they usually come up put a few months in then bounce and i rotate others into their place, then everyone comes back at harvest to trim.

if you wanna do shit the easiest and quickest, just line up those plants into rows on flat ground if possible. just dump soil into rows, forget about digging trenches or doing smartpots......seriously just dump the soil into a long 100 foot rows about 4-5 feet wide and 2-3 feet tall. then just get basic drip emitter tubing and stretch them the whole lengthy of the row and just plug the plants into the row like a big bed of some kind. then just bang tposts the whole way down and stretch your trellis over the entire length, grow it into a big hedge. just my idea if you are trying to save some money but still grow big... get those rootgaurd gopher baskets and put a plant into each basket spaced every 6 feet or so depending on their size. i used octabubblers and shrubbers on mine but thats totally overkill you can get away all day with the cheap drip emitter tubing.

picture.php

immortal

Looking awesome Snype, I tried to go bigger a few years ago, moved in with my younger brother who i thought was on board to be my partner but money was tight and he was afraid. After my first harvest under a T-5 he wouldnt put any more money into it even tho he got half the harvest. the t-5 was supposed to be for veg but i never did get the 600 hps that I had planned on. oh to think what could have been. Anyways im looking for work if you need extra help on the farm this summer. good luck

Snype

Veteran
The last few days I've been trying to protect myself by spreading out my cuts to a few of the right people in case the worst should ever happen. So I gave 2 different people my 11 MOM pheno's and these guys know what they are doing. So now I feel much better that I'm more protected and can get my stuff back if I lose anything in this experience. I also met a real good online guy today who's giving me the real:

Chem91/SkunkVA
Triangle Kush
Headband
Pre98 Bubba Kush
Girl Scout Cookies (Forum Cut)
Fire OG

He also has some others that I might take as well but things are starting to really come together lately. I'm in the middle of nowhere but somehow the puzzle pieces are magnetic and find their way together! I can't wait to get my hands on Triangle Kush and Chem91! This is going to get fun!

Latest posts

Latest posts