What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Online order, they want a copy of my id and creditcard?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I ordered an ashcatcher and some other stuff from aqualabstechnologies in california to europe yesterday.
a little later i got an email from the shop that i have to sent them an copy of my id and creditcarde to onetime verify. Never had to do this before and definitly won't do this.
Can anyone explain why they want this?
Shippingadress is the same as the billingadress of the card.

And hypothetically if i'm an pickpocket i will maybe also have the idcard.

Thx willi

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you orderd from them before?
You're not purchasing anything illegal so why the hesitation?
Ask Aqualab why they need ID.
If it's not their normal policy to ask find out what the exception is.

shithawk420

Veteran
hmm.this is indeed odd.ive considered ordering from there before.if your in Europe why dont you order from Everyonedoesit?im in the states and have had good results.if this post is against TOU i will delete it.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh that sucks.I'm sure they will have it in stock soon though. especially if you call customer service.they do good bussiness there

shithawk420

Veteran
so all you want is an ashcatcher?what style?what kinda tube?i may be able to help if you want.you may find out you dont even want an ashcatcher.lots of variables.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I'm pretty sure what i want, the phoenix ashcather from grav labs.
I think i'll order monday from uk.
Your also right with the variables, normally i don't like their taste, but i'll give this one a try(without water)

Thx for your help willi

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I ordered an ashcatcher and some other stuff from aqualabstechnologies in california to europe yesterday.
a little later i got an email from the shop that i have to sent them an copy of my id and creditcarde to onetime verify. Never had to do this before and definitly won't do this.
Can anyone explain why they want this?
Shippingadress is the same as the billingadress of the card.

And hypothetically if i'm an pickpocket i will maybe also have the idcard.

Thx willi

Your ordering stuff from one country to another through a credit card...

They are just verifying its YOUR card, so THEY dont get fucked out of a stolen card transaction...

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Your ordering stuff from one country to another through a credit card...

They are just verifying its YOUR card, so THEY dont get fucked out of a stolen card transaction...

and here my problem starts. this is no verification.

like i wrote in first post if i'm a pickpocket i may also have the id card so this verification is for nothing.
how do they verify that the person that sends the email is the one on the id card?

i had the same discussion with them. it was soo annoying. the needle always jumped back to "this is our verification".
you can't discuss with a skript.

so for me its aqualabs never again.

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
I use paypal as often as possible with new merchants. super easy to cancel recurring payments as opposed to recurring payments on cards. paypal . :)

shithawk420

Veteran
you never said what kinda tube you have.you said you were gonna have a dry ashcatcher.you might just want an activated carbon filter.its a thought.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I have a straight blaze 20" tube, think 5 or 7mm thick with 19mm to 14mm diffusor
Downtube.
I like to smoke thick and heavy clouds with not too much volume and most of the ashcatcher/precooler i have tried tend to make less dense clouds.
But i don't know if i gonna use this one to smoke or with my sublimator:biggrin:, what was my first thought when i saw the phoenix

One of my favorite bong is the black leaf blue dragon, one of the cheapest glass bongs to get, but they tend to breake quick when i clean them.

shithawk420

Veteran
lol yeah black leaf are like 3mm i think.they are not bad for the price i guess.i have a 200$g spot cause i saw them breaking boards and hammering nails.its pretty good.but you have to get a diffuser.its just as good as roor.probably made by the same people.hell germany isnt that big.if i start to get into glass again i will get an ehle for sure.they are better than roor.at least the diffusor is

chilliwilli

Waterboy
here is a pic

mine is to dirty to show

at he uk shop the phoenix with 45°angel is sold out but i think the 90° will work with my bong to