What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ONETIME64 OUTDOOR ADVENTURE 2010

onetime64

So i guess its time to start my own Thread and Tell my stories...
I have 8 200 gallon home made smart pots with bottoms cut out. and placed on top of 18in deep fully tilled and ameded garden orachard area.... which has been for 100 years so the dirt is rich black and so so amazing i should have planted in the ground but wanted the above pots for air..... i also have 6 120 gallon home made mart pots bottoms cut out placed on top of tilled 18in deep semi clay soil..... the 8 200 gallons are in full sun about 12-14 hours with hoops built over them for support and clear tarp for cool nights and rain at the end of season... and the 6 120 gallons see about 6-10 hours full sun with no hoops... i also have a 12x25 rasied bed tilled 18in deep with compost happy frog steer perlite worm and chicken shit oyster shell and ash.... that i intend to use to black box.... problem is it only get 6-8hours sun through some oak trees.... i am trying to get someone to climb them and limb them out which will allow for full sunn. i am playing on planting the full season plants tomorrow... i am going to try one per pot 2 per pot and 3 per pot... due to the fact i have a few extra and there only about 3 ft tall right now... the black box area i intend to plant about 20 plants 4 wide by 5 long.... the plants i have to use for the black box are only about 12-16in tall right now and i am growing them inside under 3k mh till june 13-17 where i will then plant in bed and run supp lights for 10-14 days if i need tooo.... will i need tooo???? i have power to the front garden where the 8 200 gallons area and i am wondering if i should use supp light if i plant tommorow ... and if so how long should i run them each night and when should i stop the supplemental light..... the plants have been vegging under 4k mh running 16/8 for about 2 weeks... i put them outside 2 days ago under 70% shade and yesterday i took the shade off and on and today i removed it totally... since they have been outside i have been running 2 cfl patio lights and a 100watt floor lamp to keep them in veg.... so bascilly they have had 2 days 24hours light.... i feed them a HI Nitrogen fert along with super thrive and silicate... yesterday and been foilar feeding like crazy with kelp and molasses..... HAS ANYBODY USED THE SOLAR LED LIGHTS FROM HD THAT PRODUCE 1.2 lumens if i use one per plant do u think they will do the trick.... on my back 6 that have no way to get 120volt.... i am using a pond i built which is about 35,000 gallons of water to irrigate my gardens... i have a 1/2hp jet pump that makes 20psi on my system. running throught a disc filter then going to 2 dosers with a inline ppm and ph meter then a 200 mesh ss filter... i have ran 1/2 line to all my pots and each 200gallon has 4 c frame sprayers and a custom 8ft soaker hose coiled up on top and the 120 gallons have 3 c frame sprayers and a custom 6 ft soaker hose.... the 200 gallons have soaker hoses alll over the ground that the pots sit on so later in the season i can soak the ground along with spray the pots.... i have covered all the ground near the large pots with hay and will cover the tops once i plant... i am using a mix of happy frog,compost, perlite, earthworm, steer, chicken, oyster shells ash crab meal and kelp meal along with alfalfa hay tilled in to pots.... ANYONE EVER USE A MANTIS TILLER TO MIX THERE SMART POTS... ITS SO AMAZING AND FAST TOMORROW IS MY BIG DAY AND WANTED TO CELEBRATE BY KICKING MY FIRAT THREAD OFF... FOLLOW ME ON THIS GREAT JOURNEY I KNOW I AM LEAVING THINGS OUT AND MAYBE FORGETTING THINGS SO ANY INSIGHT AND HELP WILL BE GREAT AND I LOVE ??????? SO SEND THEM MY WAY. I Have been growing indoors for over 8 years consistent and last year was my first outdoor i pulled 25lbs on a 12x24 greenhouse with 16 plants... planted june 28.. it got super hot inside the GH alomost 120 sometimes... but it worked in the end... THIS IS MY FIRST OUTDOOR ALL ON MY OWN AND I AM SO EXCITED I WONT SLEEP WHICH IS NOT GOOD CASUE I GOT A FULL DAY AHEAD OF ME TOMMMORW.... I HAVE 2 MAIN ?? TO ASK HOW SHOULD I SUPPORT MY PLANTS >.. i was thinking making cages with 6.5ft tall fencing..... but when should i put them on the plants and how should i stake them down.... or can i just buy one tree stake per pot and stick them inside the pots now and tie to it to start and at the end tie the cages to the stake..... HOW MUCH DO U THINK I WILL YEILD FROM THE ABOVE GARDENS
THANKS AND THIS IS JUST THE START

onetime64

LATE AFTERNOON

LATE AFTERNOON

HERE WE GO
WISH ME LUCK
SEND YOUR INSIGHT AND ???? MY WAY

picture.php

H

humboldtlocal

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Well thought out and lots of good planning should bring you very good returns. Good luck.

onetime64

Just when i start my thread and my season gets going PLANTY leaves us... BEST OF LUCK
LATE NIGHT TONIGHT PRE PAIRING FOR THE PLANT TOMORROW>>>>
ANYONE USE NETTLE TO MAKE COMPOST TEA BEFORE>>>>> I HAVE BEEN MAKING A TEA LATLY USING OATS,MUSHROOM COMPOST, EARTHWOORM COMPOST, ALFALFA PELLETS, AND a product called GRO-ORGANIC WHICH IS A HIGHLY COMPOSTED CHICKEN POOP IN A GRANULAR FORM>>> I LOVE THIS PRODUCT FOR TEAS ITS 11.99 per 1 cuft and its amazing as a topper for my mother plants.... HOW DO YOU USE NETTLE I READ THAT IT PROVIDES ALMOST ALL MICRO NUTRIENTS AND VITIMINS PLUS P-K....

onetime64

A long day of fine tunning...... i did not get to planting today... i spent my time fishing the doser sytem and irrigation.... along with setting up the supp light and building a sediment filter for my pump that sucks from the pond...... i used a 3" perf pipe and capped both ends and put my foot valve and hose inside along with gravel.... then i used a drain sock to wrap it and waaaaaaallaaaaaaa it looks like its gonna work great will see after a few 300gal feeds...... i will be planting in the AM and providing my first feed.. mixed 3 gal of consentrat of the following products and feedng at 1:100 ration on a doser... Humic Acid, B vitimins,,, Super thrive, silica, molassas.. yucca,,and cns17 grow I GOT 12 FREE QUARTS SO I AM GONNA USE THEM.... SO FAR I USED IT INSIDE AND IT WORKS GREAT AND CHEAP BOTINACARE STUFF>.

nomaad

Veteran
Looking good, onetime. I will be watching!

Its straw and its for light reflection, keeping soil moist and encouraging root growth right to the top of his pots.

onetime64

Its works to keep the weeds down too on the ground... i have soaker hoses ran under the hay so i cna soak the soil beds under the pots.. which are tilled almost 24in deep with amazing amendments...... ..... i put on top the pots to increase root growth as nomaad was saying... thanks for watching....

TODAY IS WINDY WINDY WINDY AND THE HOOPS ARE ATAKIN AND BEATIN

H

humboldtlocal

Hey onetime, we keep the sides of our hoops covered all the time. We just roll the ends up during hot days. The plastic is not connected to the pvc. We weigh the sides down with wood, t-posts, heavy smooth rocks, whatever we can get our hands on. We also take 3' pieces of 1/2" water line and wrap the plastic around that and stake those sections to the ground with wire water line hold downs. You shouldn't have too many issues with your hoops because of how short yours are. They should be pretty manageable. Yesterday we had some whipping winds and we did battle with the hoops all day. The plastic will only be on ours for another week or two if the weather cooperates. Good luck.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey bro... post up some pics of the sad plants you PM'ed me about. Hit em with kelp, b vitamins and silica in a foliar. Get a soil moisture meter and check the rootball. Focus on watering the rootball and just a bit around the egdes of the old pot's circumference.

Good luck.

onetime64

DEFINTLY OVER OVER WATERED>.. SUN IS COMING ON STRONG I GONNA KEEP THE HOOPS CLOSED TODAY AND TRY TO KEEP 90 temp to bake SOIL ...... wil post pics tonight or in am .....

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DEFINTLY OVER OVER WATERED>.. SUN IS COMING ON STRONG I GONNA KEEP THE HOOPS CLOSED TODAY AND TRY TO KEEP 90 temp to bake SOIL ...... wil post pics tonight or in am .....

I think good air flow would get rid of the moisture faster than the heat would with the hoops closed IMO. Your garden looks fantastic BTW hope there's lots of sunny days in your future.

localhero

Hey man youre lookin great, subscribed.

damn i almost got a mantis, but my pops laughed me off the idea. i knew it would be great for mixing in nutes in loose dry soil.

whats the big difference with a home made hoop dealie vs prefab greenhouse?

Latest posts

Latest posts