What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

? on sticky oil vs crystally oil

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's BHO just heat it up until all the bubbles are gone. When it cools down t will be hard. the pic I posted both of those are hard like a rock.

I do respect Sam Scunkman ofcouse he is a man of great services, one of the Giants.
Especially his secret 99,9... dry sift is very impressive and his old photos too.
I think he is not fond of oils but go natural non-chemical ways.
But he is not the only one person who studied the subject and I also do respect other scientists who had explored properties of cannabis psychoactivity.

Does he really declared that terpens are psychoative?
Or I got anyting wrong?

I agree with those who say about two sides of evolution process - to explore (male) and to keep (female).
Males want to find new ways and to change the world to better, females want to keep status quo and to repeat previous good experience without any changes for the sake of safe and stability, and more often refers to any of gods as a good argument.
Both sides are necessary and always are in permanent collision.

If I don't know the way to change runny oil into stoned resin but i'd like to find it what I supposed to do?
Should I wait until any of gods tell me the secret? Excuse me but this is not my way, I'm male, not a straight repeater.

jump

jump117

Veteran
compliments

compliments

Hey Limeygreen, thank you for giving me a crystal wise and very understandable advise on how to compare various cannabis fruits.

Hey Hammerhead, I have looked at your fantastic bho samples it's something unreal beautiful I never seen something like that before!
Like a stoned sun mixed with honey and some chocolade. How could you get this beauty? Thank you for having a time to share with me a secret of a stoned resin.

Excuse the gloves.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't want any advise don't ask or don't listen. I will let you figure it out for yourself. All of my walls are mirror so I don't miss anything. I know what im talking about now having said all that useless info enjoy your thread.

jump117

Veteran
charcoal collision

charcoal collision

In an old decarboxylation study, a hexane extract was heated with activated carbon for 10 minutes; the cannabinoids were strongly adsorbed and could not be removed at all by heating or with solvents.

Hi G.O.Joe,

Long ago when I’ve read about active carbon filtering of extracts I thought it’s a gibberish and in opposite will clean up moonshine from thc.
But here in icmag thread of Spaniard GrassMan “Have you said BHO!!!” mention was made of an Active_Carbon_prechamber.
Quote: “…You can find a few photos of it from leocadius in cannabiscafe.”

Pre-chamber is understandible as to clear up butane input but he also uses charcoal on exit and after.
I decided it would be interesting to test despite the thc catching that you reminded.
I thought loosing some thc may be a price he is paying for good consistance of an extract.
Sadly he didn't show with/whithout charcoal to compare. I just suspect that difference is in amount of a resulting product.

I found in the text that Leocsdius’ thread friend AzOr typed on page 6 #78, he describes the order of loading his direct-flow tube extractor.

"de arriba a abajo
tapa
carbon activo
filtro
yerba
carbon activo
filtro final por donde sale todo
cuenco de pirex
pillas? saludos!"

I cannot read Spanish directly, only through http://babelfish.yahoo.com , that translates it as:

"from top to bottom it
cover
activated charcoal
filter
grass
activated charcoal
final filter by where it leaves all earthen bowl pirex
you pillage? greetings!"

jump

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is a fucking joke.
i came in here cuz the thread title looked cool, now i know its just a bunch of ego stroking.
we all know i have the biggest dick

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
sticky oil is better, the grit/crystals in oil are usually contaminants like small bits of plant matter. the sticky is the THC, so generally the stickier the oil is the more potent it will be.

You have no clue. This thread is so full of BS now I need a set of waders

jump117

Veteran
two questions

two questions

Hey Chiefsmokingbud, what is BS ? and what is your opinion about charcoal ? plz

gunnaknow

He was asking about using charcoal to filter the oil solution. It works but some THC will be adsorbed in the process, not just the impurities.

This could have been made really easy. Sticky oil= SHIT / Crystalline Oil= VERYGOOD. Anyone that disputes this is a dumb shit that has NO idea what they are talking about. The only "sticky oil" I see or have made the mistake of smoking was garbage cooked up by a noob. You either "shook" the solution for 60sec+ or you burnt the oil from cooking it to long. Dont "shake" your bud and alcohol for longer than 45 sec and once all the liquid has been cooked off, get your plate off the burner you dumb asses. Hope this helps some of you misguided tards.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
you arent fully experienced. i may be not either, but i have seen EXCELLENT sticky butane extract. not all buds make hard oil. there are the odd strains that will only make soft sticky oils.

Bumble Buddy

This could have been made really easy. Sticky oil= SHIT / Crystalline Oil= VERYGOOD. Anyone that disputes this is a dumb shit that has NO idea what they are talking about.

Even though I conducted controlled experiments that showed me this isn't true?

The only "sticky oil" I see or have made the mistake of smoking was garbage cooked up by a noob. You either "shook" the solution for 60sec+ or you burnt the oil from cooking it to long. Dont "shake" your bud and alcohol for longer than 45 sec and once all the liquid has been cooked off, get your plate off the burner you dumb asses. Hope this helps some of you misguided tards.

So I guess that delightfully aromatic and powerful high oil I shook for 5 minutes and purged on a hard boil was really trash? The stuff that was like a perfect concentration of all the best aromatic qualities of the herb used and gave a bright and interesting high?

Hmm, thanks for setting me straight, I had been enjoying it tremendously... guess I will just toss it out.