What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

On my way: 6kw Lavender/Afgooey/Romulan

20kw dreams

wHAT'S UP nITE:WAVE: woops, cap lock...

I would love to do that, but I can't really get into the attic, which is where I need to put it for it to work that way. This is all in an apartment, and the attic is shared, and the only access is outside.

IT DEFINATELY REDUCES YOUR FLOWERING TIME, WHILE INCREASING YIELDS! No doubt! If you are not the super organic type (which of couse ideally we all should be) then you WANT to use this shit. After you use this stuff, you will feel stupid for not using it every time thereafter. I definately feel like a jackass for not using it on my Afgooey's and Roms. There are so many advantages to using this stuff it's ridiculous. Listen to me, I should start vending this shit!

Those are some nice pics Somoz! Your AG's look alot more developed then mine at 4 weeks. Mine weren't rooted thoroughly though when I put them into flower, but I had to flip the switch for time reasons.

I dislike bags too. They are just garbage, cause you can't clean them very easy, but that's just my personal opinion.

That's interesting to hear about the perlite/coco mix holding more water. I'm going to mix up some coco w/ some perlite and check that first hand. I don't see how straight coco would hold less water then coco/perlite. Did he water the perlite first? If he used dry perlite, it may have sucked up some water.

I have a question for you though Somoz: Why are your lights hanging vertically?

I think the courser coco is definately a good option Indica Sativa. If the Gravity doesn't end up killing the plants I have in veg, then I would have to add perlite to the coco I have, instead of going out and buying new coco. I was talking to the owner of one of the hydro stores here, and he was saying the Sunleaves course coco had way higher salts, and that it really needs to be flushed out with a drip for 24 hours before using it. Do you have any experience with this Indica Sativa? I noticed GH started making course coco too.

I'm supposed to be getting a COGR sample slab here soon too. Another thing I'm looking into is the ready grow slabs. They're a perlite, coco, castings, kelp mix medium. He said it's a lot lighter, and it's more a 3 times a day watering, which I may like alot, but again, I'm waiting on the sample.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hmmm, I don't think my shop carries any of Eel River's stuff.

Have to see if they'll order me some in.

20kw dreams

Get to it bud:tup: You can thank me later:)

So, I got a write up from hhhydro.com Does this stuff still qualify as coco? Maybe I'll have to switch forums:p

A new all-natural soilless grow substrate in a versatile 6" slab. Place the sleeve in a tray, plater box, or hang vertically. Maintains 45% air content when fully saturated for excellent hydroponic performance in a natural medium.

PLANT READY-GRO™ SOILLESS HYDRO-ORGANIC GROW SUBSTRATE

PLANT READY-GRO™ is a specialized blend of perlite, coir fiber, PURE BLEND™ compost accelerator earthworm castings, agriminineral 72 silica clay, polymere hydro-crystals, and Rootshield Bio-fungicide. READY-GRO™ insures accelerated plant growth and crop nutrition, faster growth rates and higher yields with optimum air to water ratio to the plant’s roots. Increased oxygen to the root zone maximizes growth. READY-GRO™ is super charged with PURE BLEND™ Organic Compost Accelerator to help the plants assimilation of nutrients and water uptake, as well as increasing the metabolic rate of the plant.

PLANT READY-GRO SUPER SLEEVE™ is a specialty soilless grow substrate blend ready to plant into. Cut out plastic for watering and puncture drain holes. READY-GRO™ Super Sleeves contain optimum air content of 45% achieving high oxygen content to the root zone allowing for increased water and nutrient uptake, increased growth rates and crop yields.

PLANT READY-GRO™ can be used in passive container gardens. Simply place pot on saucer pan filled with your choice of plant nutrient solution. For automated soilless hydrogardening applications grow right in bag or place in pots. Use with ebb and flow, top water drip or nutrient film technique. Feed multiple times daily without overwatering

G

hi guys, kickass thread 20k :wave: that ready-gro sounds interesting :chin:

i'm using pure sunleaves coco and it's a great texture; however what you say about high salt content is true......it needs to be soaked and drained/rinsed repeatedly before planting.

no worries though, it's great stuff and so far i'm very impressed with coco in general :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes man that sounds like some good stuff. it will be most interesting to see it in use. still, there is coir in the mix so you might as well keep it here. :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
That stuff sounds pretty slick! Seems pretty foolproof.

Noticed the bit about worm castings, is that in all of them, and wouldn't that throw off the nute regime a bit?

somoz

Veteran
i hear ya bro....i also find bags annoying cause they lack stability so plants can tend to fall over which is a pita for me........@ the lights, when i run buckets i go vertical, tables horiztonal.....i think this makes the most sense and have been doing it for a lil bit now with nice results

@ the perlite, let us know how your experiment turns out dood and that ready gro shniz sounds pretty cool......right on bro!

20kw dreams

Maybe I'll get to use it Gaius, we'll see how the COGR is.

The ready grow comes in 2 formulas, "moisture formula", which is mostly coco, and "aeration formula", which is mostly perlite, but other then that seems to be mostly coco. Im going over there right now actually to see if he got the samples yet. If not, I'm going to ride his ass.

Nite Tiger - You know, I don't think the Castings should be a problem. Castings have such low nutes in the first place, then you have to figure they are slow release as they break down, and then there is so little of them in there, prob only like 5% of the mix(just a guess, cause you can't even see it in there). That may sound like alot, but I have used 25% in soil mixes, and was still fertilizing pretty heavily) Even if so, the NPK of castings is usually right for pot anyways, from 1-1-1 to 1-0-2. The benefits of castings are ridiculous though. they are teeming with beneficials, and have this funny tendancy to keep insects away, like mites, thrips, mealy bugs, aphids, etc(unfortunately not fungus gnats).

Somoz - so you switch from grow to grow? Vert, then Horizontal, Vert, etc? You should still think about getting some hoods when you run horizontal bud. At least those Parobolic hoods. You may even be able to use those running vertical if you get one of the ones that is almost flat you know. I don't know, but if it works then I guess don't fucxk with it, it just seems like you'ld get better yields when you run horizontal. Your room is a solid bush though, so don't listen to me:)

I'll post some pics up of that coco/perlite experiment. I lit up some coco about a week ago with some beneficials, kelp, enzymes, sweet, and ferts, and I've been lettin it sit. That's another little experiment I've been, or just seeing how if it works anyways.

20kw dreams

So, Good news! one of the shops donated everything I asked for: flood tables, slabs, nutrients, the whole shibang! Still waiting on the other shop, but I'm already 1/2 way there!

I also have some fucked up news though. Canna corp of america refused to give the local shop a sample of Cogr. Highly disapointing to say the least. The owner was actually quite offended by it, and really said he isn't going to deal with them if he can find another coco nutrient as good as theirs. He already carries thier whole nutrient line, and is the only retail in the areas who carries Canna. Apparently the Canna sales reps are assholes here in America.

So I ended up ordering the Ready-Gro slabs, along with 2 cases of 3x3x3 rockwool cubes. I'm getting my cuts in on the 1st or shortly thereafter. The cuts will go into 3" cubes to root out and veg for a couple weeks, then slip into their new ready grow slabs. I'm running 2 lights with OMRI certified organics, probably Earth Juice or Bio-Bizz, and the other 4 with PBP.

I'm hoping to one day be able to switch to 100% certified organic nutrients and additives, but I need to do some test runs first to see how things go.

NiteTiger

Veteran
I'd never heard that about worm castings keeping bugs at bay. Now, if I ever go outdoor, I know what I'm using in my soil :D

And wow, you know your pro when when you've got corporate sponsors for your grow :woohoo:

G

I wash all the coco I use. Washing includes taking a rubbermaid tub, filling it with whatever coco and flushing the hell out of it with the shower or garden hose. If I used a drip setup to flush mi coco, it would take a gazillion years...

Caligrown

I just expanded My first block of Sunleaves coco and Tested the salt content using the 1:1.5 method and got 1900ppm!!! I flushed with hot/warm water for about 15 mins and got 100 ppm. I love the consistancy.This stuff is the shit!

-Cali

20kw dreams

Prob a false reading really though, since it sits there for days those packages. Not false I guess, just unrepresentative of the true concentrations in the coco.

Thats a damn good idea witht the tub in the shower thing! I should have thought of that a long time ago! The Ca & Mg in my tap would probably be a good flush for the coco too! My tap water is really nice right now, at 150ppm. When we moved in during the summer, it was 450ppm. All the rain dilutes the aquifers, and now that it's rained a grip, I'll probably have good water for a while.]

Nite - That shit is for real with the keeping the bugs away. They use it as a container mulch at the college hort department here for that reason. It is one of the only organic things they have found that helps with the fuschia gall mites, which are a wicked little mite that burrow into the bark to lay their eggs. Glad we don't have those fuckers to deal in our indoor gardens!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
congrats on getting the system donated for your experimental hydro garden :yes:

yeah canna are not exactly a generous company, lol. pity would have been cool to see some cogr in action. they have veg and flowering nutes for cogr which is cool.

NPK

20K, what a helluva donation! I just shelled out a WHOLE bunch of lettuce for the gear to upgrade my flowering room...though I did get two 40-gallon reservoirs and two big ebb and flow tables for more than half off second-hand. That was cool.

Dalton

Hey 20k I hear ya on playing it safe with the bushmaster. I wish there was a way to get in touch with the guys over @ eel river to find out for sure. It would suck to loose a bunch of clones and all of the time it took getting em up and running. I read on one of the many bushmaster threads here that cutting back to 11/13 can help stop the burn from the light if you can't get your lights up any higher. Your gonna love the purple maxxx. I got a free sample of it and I wasn't too excited about it, but I stand corrected I saw at least a 30% increase in resin production. If I had the loot right now I would get a big ole bottle of it.

I haven't tried the sunleaves coco but I recently grabbed the profit disks and they are also really coarse. Some of the locals around here are dripping around the clock on em and the salt content is pretty low to start out with. Definately good shit.

So um I guess I gonna have to start telling the guys at the hydro strore that I'm growing for school and need donations :)

20kw dreams

Sup Dalton:wave:

Seriously, that shit is on the up and up at the college. I'll be growing some peppers, hopefully an indeterminate heirloom of some kind. I switched my order from coco to ready-gro and botanicare nutrients for the peppers too. Fuck Canna as far as I'm concerned. They don't need no free product recognition if they can't even kick down one sample to a local shop for display. That'll be 2 - 4' x 8' floodtables, and I'll hopefully get another 2 4x8's which I'm thinking I'm going to mix my own salts up for, which I've never gotten into before, but is the way to go if you are running a commercial hydro food crops.

You can get eel rivers number on the web. I am testing out Gravity on a couple clones I have in soil right now. Links in my sig. I'm foliar feeding the Purple max at 2ml/gallon for the last 3 weeks, since it's organic. I know for a fact Bushmaster only makes them branch heavily when used at diluted amounts in veg, so that's OK as far as I'm concerned. I know root growth is fine after using it too. I'm going to be topping all my cuts, cause I'm going to have them vegging longer then I would like. Heavy pruning with the next ones 4 sure, and I might spray them with bushmaster at 1ml/gallon. BGHydro's advanced instructions for BM talk about people doing that, and I tried it and it works. I've actually sprayed them with 3ml/gallon 2 weeks in a row right before and after switching to 12/12, and got great results, except that I burned them slightly(of course).

I cancelled my organic 2 lights too. I don't feel like fuckin 2 lights up right now on a learning grow.

What's up with these profit disks? I've been hearing about them, but haven't seen them yet.

Nice NPK:tup: Second hand is the shit. craigslist.org can be the one stop shop for grow equipment round here.

20kw dreams

Oh yeah, and another thing I was thinking about trying: What if you took one of those big coco mats, that are like 4' x 4', and turned up the edges to get a 4" lip, and instead of using slabs, just fill it up and I have 3.5' x 3.5' of bed, but no leaking coco, and floodable, because the water could get under the mat through the channels in the table.

Aren't I full of great ideas..lol..how obvious is it I have too much spare time on my hands?

Latest posts

Latest posts