What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

On a rescue mission :)

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
Hey fellow growers,

My first report here, so here a short introduction of myself: https://www.icmag.com/threads/greetings-from-germany.18129967/

Had a huge over-watering problem (my girlfriend took care of...) with my plants while I visited the Spannabis in Barcelona.

Before I show you the damaged ladys in later posts, here is my current setup:

PXL_20240213_164623410 (1).jpeg

PXL_20240323_010226202.jpg

PXL_20240323_010305642.jpg

PXL_20240323_010550649.jpg

PXL_20240323_011217184.jpg

I guess it's a mix between NFT (no, I don't mean the crypto scam ;) ) and ebb and flow.

Fell free to ask me anything, have time for the forum on a long train ride on April 1st to Grenke Chess Classics in Karlsruhe, Germany.

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
Fell free to ask me anything, have time for the forum on a long train ride on April 1st to Grenke Chess Classics in Karlsruhe, Germany.

good luck, first of all!
I saw the preparation on stream, they say it's gonna be the biggest tournament in the world.

don't worry about the plants, they just plants
If you need new seeds, I'm now officially allowed to send you some ;)

I respect your effort with the NFT, but personally I'd suggest getting some pots and grow soil, now that the plants are kinda "damaged".

In my experience, it's hard to recover plants in hydro/rockwool, but it always works in soil.
You could just put the pots on your table and save on saucers.
Do a soil grow for now and just try the NFT with the next grow.

are you running clones? your drawing looks like it

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
I saw the preparation on stream, they say it's gonna be the biggest tournament in the world.
Hey Hmong, my first "chess-friend" here :)
We played a game on Lichess. Patzer1984 is my Nick btw.

Yeah, It's the last day when I visit Grenke and I hope I can play some games there against great competition!

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
I respect your effort with the NFT, but personally I'd suggest getting some pots and grow soil, now that the plants are kinda "damaged".
Will post some pics about my previous NFT grow, a pheno punt with 30+ strains and also 3 pics or so of the current situation.
Have a lot of experience with my growing setup and it kinda works how intended.

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
that would be illegal and doesn't work as well as you think.
we have constant requests from Germany now, clones and mother plants, but we don't even reply. People should know their own law, but are bummed out over declines.
If we could sell, we obviously would be already 🤑

not much to explain here
I'd say, that's some future compost for your living soil adventures ;)
I thought about that...but in the other hand I have a kinda unique opportunity to learn a lot about how to handle almost dead plants.

As you see, the situation is not 100% hopeless....

Let's see If we can get something nice to smoke with those wrecked girls ;)

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
Will also start a living soil grow in my mother tent with 3 plants in a week or so.

What happened with the plants?

Way too much veg, some plants are quite large as you see.
Privious grow harvest was about 3 weeks later than intended.

Did also not took much care of them. In general, the "grow" starts for me about 2 weeks after Flip. Because I can still do almost all manipulations with the plants I need to do.
Just my thing as a lazy guy^^

But, most importanly: plants were overwatered during my vaccation/business trip to Barcelona.

Most of them, also my best Pheno, died.

All of the other plants are in the tent now

Hmong

Veteran
I'd trust you in chess without question
trust me here, I do this for a living

As you see, the situation is not 100% hopeless....

that's checkmate, next game!

since you have a mother tent, why not make some fresh clones?

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
Just a chess lesson for you, nothing to do with this grow^^:
You should (almost) never resign a game, because when your opponent is about to win, He is not so focused.
Bad things can happen like a hidden perpetual check or a stalemate.

Almost, because if you play against a GM or so and he is a queen up, somebody can say it is disrespecfull to continue playing.

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
You should (almost) never resign a game, because when your opponent is about to win, He is not so focused.
Bad things can happen like a hidden perpetual check or a stalemate.

true story
at my ELO on chess.com, I get half my wins that way^^
and many losses came from own tunnel vision, both attacking past each other and being short one move, getting mated first.

Last edited:

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
that's checkmate, next game!

since you have a mother tent, why not make some fresh clones?
As said, I think I can learn a lot with this grow how to rescue plants and many more things.

And learning new things is always fun when you do something you have a passion for!

Also the girls are looking a bit better now!

The mother tent is reserved for a living soil grow according to German law. One clone of my best pheno and two plants from seed.

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
I'm obsessed with the game right now, I always need a "thing" for my autism.
As someone with a bipolar disorder and 30y chess tournament experience, I can say this might be a dangerous combination. Look at Morphy, Steiniz and Fischer.
To have a passion sounds better, right?

Uncle Iroh

Premium user
Now with chess, I'm a beginner again, and everything is super interesting.
Our first game was really intesting! You explore a new world and this game is really awesome.
Haven't played Magic but Gwent and was also a GM Back than.