What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Omaha Steaks

floralheart

Veteran
Have you ever had them, or sent them as a gift? Delicious.

I sent them to my out of state lady friend last year for Christmas.

This morning I tore up some potato's au gratin, fillet mignon, red peppers. Keeping it simple with olive oil, A-1, salt & pepper and some white strawberry & firedawg in a zig zag white.

Drank some ginger ale out of a champagne glass.

I shared with the two adopted cats. They've got used to eating good.

vostok

Veteran
Drank some ginger ale out of a champagne glass.
article-2098370-0EF08EFE00000578-415_224x300.jpg

Thats a great idea man!!

watts

ohms
Veteran
I had their steak burgers several years ago and they were good. I hear the quality isn't the same anymore. Some guy tried to sell me some out the back of his truck the other day. I declined.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
They're good, really expensive for what you get, for the price I prefer grass fed beef over corn fed like omaha. Grass fed beef has got flavor like no other. Their sales people are annoying as hell you basically got to change your number to get them to stop calling you.

But over all they are good meats, their prepared foods they pimp so hard are just meh... I got a box of their bacon wrapped filets one time, I swear they were small pieces of meat put together to look like an actual filet that kind of pissed me off haven't bought from them since.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Go just for the steaks. Ive had them, worked for them and still get them . Individually vacuum sealed. A bit pricey depending on the cut but if you find a good deal then cool.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stay away from anything that's been frozen if you are able to do so.

Last edited:

TheScrogFrog

ive had em a few times, nothing to rave about.

average at best, small portions, way overpriced.

better off just going down to your local butcher shop, you'll get a much better deal and it'll be fresh off the carcass.

floralheart

Veteran
And holy shit are they expensive!150$ for 8 filet mignon and burgers.

christmas promo
the trick is to try them around december
for less than $100 you'll get a big freezer box full of good stuff

for $80 I sent the lady friend 4 burgers, 2 fillets, 4 steaks, twice baked potatoes, potatoes au gratin, and on and on

for $20 more you can toss in chicken and pork chops, or something like that... winter is a haze

shithawk420

Veteran
Because it changes the meat itself.it has to thaw.there's nothing wrong with it but you can deffinatly tell a difference

sprinkl

Veteran
I rather eat meat that's been frozen than anything processed... A lot of butchers put anti-oxidants or other preservatives on fresh meat so it keeps color longer. It's no longer sulphite but that doesn't make it better.
If it's been frozen and thawed correctly I don't think you could tell a difference when it's prepared...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
all my meat is local and fresh.... yeehaw.... I can hear the cows from here and drive by them daily...

vostok

Veteran
I had the juiciest steak last night...mildly stoned it went down like a treat, said to the babe "that was the best steak ever!" she said there was no meat in that steak....I was about to flip, kept ma cool...and replied "Oh yeah?"
she said "it was all mushrooms and nuts, no weired shit ..just for you"

I replied "Thanks"

as I lost 2 close friends last year to bowl cancer, them friends and I were big meat eaters

chill

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Health wise grass fed is the way to go, grass fed beef has omtimal omega 3 to 6 ratios for building muscle and good health, beef that has bee fed other foods like corn, gummy worms etc... is actually the one that is bad for you because it has higher levels of omega 6 and less of omega 3. I just cooked up some flat irons fresh from the farm last night.