What's new

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
Day 36 of 11/13!!!!!!

Its gonna be a long haul I can already tell. Normally I would be a week from flushing and these suckers are just starting to really show sex....I dont think the tall lanky sucker is gonna be sticking around but still undecided. The Purple Haze #5 is definitely the keeper of the 2 and has great structure will post pics monday just too busy this weekend.

LostTribe

Premium user
DAY 38 OF 11/13

Purple Haze #5
picture.php

Purple Haze #1
picture.php

I have the same sort of deficiency on both plants now. I thought it was phosphorus and added dolomite lime and high P bat guano. That didnt help the tall one and I found both to be root bound so I transplanted to 12 inch pots with 40/40/20 Ocean Forest/Peat/Perlite and a bit of lime as well as watered with Pureblend pro soil and calmag+, LK with RO.
picture.php

Thanks
LT

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Hey LT I don't know jack shit about organic but in coco with salts I've had P deficiency like that. It's not a lack of P, it's a lockout of the P you have. You have to look at other things like the water PH etc. Goodluck.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey LT I don't know jack shit about organic but in coco with salts I've had P deficiency like that. It's not a lack of P, it's a lockout of the P you have. You have to look at other things like the water PH etc. Goodluck.

I will try giving plain PH'd RO tomorrow then and hope that works. I will need to brush up on my P lockout too. Was just a few leaves at first but you know problems get worse if you don't take care of them. In Hydro I would have flushed and remade fresh nutes and kept right on trucking....

corky1968

Veteran
I'll take a wild guess that it's the CalMag that locked all of your phosphates.

I don't know people are so crazy about this supplement and think it fixes all of their problems?

I do use some dolomitic limestone with epsom salts for calcium, magnesium and sulfur supplementation.

But only in small amounts and not with each feeding.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'll take a wild guess that it's the CalMag that locked all of your phosphates.

I don't know people are so crazy about this supplement and think it fixes all of their problems?

I do use some dolomitic limestone with epsom salts for calcium, magnesium and sulfur supplementation.

But only in small amounts and not with each feeding.

I only watered with the Botanicare stuff 1 time last week and 1 time the week before it was already having the problem. From my responses I think I have overferted so what now soil guru's?

LostTribe

Premium user
What's your soil pH?

I have no idea.....how do I test that? Never had problem this bad in soil back in the day either....

I am looking at flushing the soil tomorrow with plain water 2x the volume of the medium.....thoughts?

D

Dr.Suess

I have no idea.....how do I test that? Never had problem this bad in soil back in the day either....

I am looking at flushing the soil tomorrow with plain water 2x the volume of the medium.....thoughts?

2uy57oi.jpg

What is the pH of your plain water?

You do check pH right?

LostTribe

Premium user
View Image

What is the pH of your plain water?

You do check pH right?

I used to have an old stick meter that supposedly measured PH and Moisture content of soil mixes do they really work or what? It just had a dial on it not digital like that fancy one. It was a rapidtest one I think it might still be out in my garden beds.....

My Tap was running 8.2 last time I checked it with my bluelab hydro meter....I have added lime though.

LT

corky1968

Veteran
Flushing is not placing you pots in the toilet and holding the flush button on for an hour right? Sarcasm, sorry.

Just slowly add water until you have about 1/2 liter or so of runoff per plant and then repeat it again a few days later when they get dry.

Good Luck

corky1968

Veteran
I used to have an old stick meter that supposedly measured PH and Moisture content of soil mixes do they really work or what? It just had a dial on it not digital like that fancy one. It was a rapidtest one I think it might still be out in my garden beds.....

My Tap was running 8.2 last time I checked it with my bluelab hydro meter....I have added lime though.

LT

8.2 wholly phuck.

No wonder, go down to 6.3- 6.6 ASAP.

Dude, no more lime. :spank:

LostTribe

Premium user
8.2 wholly phuck.

No wonder, go down to 6.3- 6.6 ASAP.

Dude, no more lime. :spank:

I dont get it I am feeding the C99 the same tap and they are perfect dark green and bushy as Phuck!?!? Also just read someone say don't use regular gh hydro up and down with soil as it will kill the microbiology....

corky1968

Veteran
I dont get it I am feeding the C99 the same tap and they are perfect dark green and bushy as Phuck!?!? Also just read someone say don't use regular gh hydro up and down with soil as it will kill the microbiology....

The Indica plants in case you don't know can a handle more nutrients,etc. than Sativas.

Just bring the pH down for all of your plants. Including the C99.

Try to find me a place where they say pH 8.0+ is ok for Cannabis.

I bet you won't find one.

D

Dr.Suess

I used to have an old stick meter that supposedly measured PH and Moisture content of soil mixes do they really work or what?
LT

Yes, look

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7694984&postcount=2

BTW that probe I showed the picture of is a cheap one for about 15bucks on eBay I you want you can get proper ones for about $200:tiphat:

A cheap one with a dial is what I have and every now and again I use some wire wool to clean the metal probes it helps keep it accurate

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey Zues! I finally checked my runoff today and about shit myself off the ppm meter! 1800+ it kept climbing and gave error. Now what? I didnt even bother with the ph at that point. I fed ro with 10ml/gal Liquid Karma and ph'd to 6.3. Must have been the fox farm oceans forest and the extra guano. I mixed it 50/50 with peat too so shit is hotter that a flame thrower!

corky1968

Veteran
Hey Zues! I finally checked my runoff today and about shit myself off the ppm meter! 1800+ it kept climbing and gave error. Now what? I didnt even bother with the ph at that point. I fed ro with 10ml/gal Liquid Karma and ph'd to 6.3. Must have been the fox farm oceans forest and the extra guano. I mixed it 50/50 with peat too so shit is hotter that a flame thrower!

After your done. You can take the soil in those pots and fertilize a farmers field. :biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
After your done. You can take the soil in those pots and fertilize a farmers field. :biggrin:

You're right I can probably grow a few hundred acres of shit at this rate! I should have thrown these in hydroton buckets, tiny ones. Atleast then I would know what I am doing....PHUCK SOIL!!!!! My veggies outdoors must be in super super super super hot ass shit but in beds and I never fert just water.....

I have learned a lot growing for 10 years in hydro but that definitely is not helping me out with these Sativas. Worried about my Cinderella 99's now too. Not going to give any more tap water ever even in soil. No more Lime, No more Guano. Maybe they will make it. If they dont maybe I will have to try again or just give it up.....

Actually they dont look all that bad as I have seen worse even killed plants with root issues in hydro and seedlings in peat before but I cannot Phucking believe I just got 1800+ run off that made my miluakee ppm meter go haywire it was so phrucking HOT!

I am now a total NEWB all over again! Soil SUX!

corky1968

Veteran
There's nothing wrong with soil. You just tried too hard and too fast with the nutrients that's all.

Your not the 1st and you won't be the last to have problems with pure Sativas.

The C99 are more tolerant of nutrients and should be easier to take care of than your Sativas.

Don't give up. :comfort:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
LT,

could write a great wall of text about this but in short, don't try to apply hydro techniques to soil grows (fidgety adjustments and constant applications of this or that) and especially with sativas, less is more.

I mean this with all due respect, you obviously can grow and it is a constant learning experience.

I tried to change too many things in my mix at once and this last 4 months have been a total disappointment. Time to go back to basics and start over.