What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
Flipped today to 11/13.

I can already tell trying to keep mom's of these until test is going to be a major PITA as the cuttings are already stretching and most are showing nice roots now. I normally keep moms in low wattage with low nutrient levels so imagining these will all need to be cut back quite often.

LostTribe

Premium user
Its Day 2!

Only Atleast 110 more to go! Wonder how long I can keep up that sort of morale!

LostTribe

Premium user
MAJOR UPDATE WOOOO

YES Day 4 of 11/13 has arrived! It took no time at all waiting until today! Anyway heres a shot of the 2 Zamaldelica and 5 Purple Haze with 1 Malawi(not sure you can see that one its still short, a cutting)
picture.php

Starting with the back left are the 2 Zam's with the short Malawi in front of them center. The rest are Oldtimer's Purple Haze. My favorite 2 so far are the easy going bushy ones on the far right hand side. They sure have come quite a ways as they remain on 150w hps standard bulb but my fan came in with a new scrubber so I will get that picked up and hoping to get these into my 30x30 tent with the 400hps hortilux in a hood.

LostTribe

Premium user
The pic on the front left is of the much taller Phaze pheno and the other 2 are shorter and not as bushy in the middle.

Here is a pic of my new handy little homemade aero cloner! These things are just Fabulous and worry free as long as you scrub them with bleach after each new set!
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
What happened with them?

What do you mean? They are under hps light in that pic hence the yellow color in normal light they are forest green and looking great.

BTW Its Day 5 of 11/13 everybody! Probably going to add some top dressing of Indonesian bat guano and if I can figure out where I put it Jamaican bat guano too. They are all sun leaves guanos in use for this grow.

LostTribe

Premium user
How many of those plants are you going to flower in the 30 x 30?

They aren't in the 30 30 5' tent yet. There are 8 plants there and only the Malawi is believed to be female so far but all are really unsexed as of yet. I will cull males especially if they are not worthy of donor pollen. That space is 18x26x3.5'and only a 150w hps. The tent has plenty of space and is going to be better lit. I believe keeping them under the 150 for another week will also keep them a bit shorter as the light intensity increase should also increase overall growth. Something to keep in mind for future grows of taller varieties especially landraces as these.

I am not worried yet about stretch but only time will tell and I have yet to tie these down as they are starting to stretch so that will happen accordingly. I am used to much bigger plants so the warnings of stretchy tall giants does not worry me as it might others.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
It was just curiosity. I wasn't trying to warn you of anything. I thought some of them may have been fem seeds. I had read through your thread and didn't see if you had sexed already or some were fem seeds. I also read you were moving them to a larger area. I thought maybe he bought one tent for one plant or two. Nothing more than that. Positive vibes, man.

LostTribe

Premium user
Its all good thanks for stopping by. Just part of the anxiety related to so much waiting ahead but shit today is day 6 of 11/13 tomorrow is 1 week down already!

I dont think this way with indica grows however they are done when they are done and I am sure that it will get to that point once these Phaze and assorted others really get going. The 6 inch pots seem to be keeping them in check but I think I am going to pop one out of the pot to see how the roots are doing in there just to see whats up.

I can tell the Zam's for instance are nearly root bound already as they suck up so much water every day I am watering them with 16 oz of straight tap. want to get them squared away in the other tent problem is my c99 may need that space for a bit as they have had a turn for the worse. Were in DWC w flora nova roots looked normal albeit tinted reddish which is normally from the gh flora nova but it appears it may have also had a case of root rot as well this time. I lost my airborne g13 yesterday but managed to take 2 healthy cuts, the only thing left growing on the entire plant. Also pulled the C99 out of the hydroton and potted in light peat mix with ewc and perlite hoping they pull thru.

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
UPDATE Day 8 of 11/13

Today was a great day! The plants are still looking great and no deficiencies are showing. I top dressed today with 1/4 tsp Mexican Bat Guano and 1/2 tsp of Indonesian Bat Guano to each of my Sativa's.

There is now a confirmed male, a Zamaldelica already popping out huge gorilla size ball sacks all over the place. Wow, quick showing and this sucker is well endowed. Haven't seen a plant go from unsexed to this much progression with either sex in such a short amount of time.

The other unsexed Zamaldelica is the spicy carrot smelling one. Reeks when I top it. Hoping its a girl! Nice structure.

Malawi was pruned a bit to allow it to stretch and get more light to the shooting branches. Still unsexed but I kind of recall it showing female before I took this cutting. Dont take notes but it might me....

The 5 Purple Haze are doing nicely with no sex showing yet. There are 3 different phenotypes so far.

1 much taller less bushy, worried this one might get too tall and maybe be a much longer variety due to the stretch, node spacing and overall growth.

2 medium sized bushes that are looking pristine. These 2 are the ones I am most interested in. Great structure and really nice bushes.

2 short sort of bushy phenotypes. These 2 are exhibiting slower growth but are shorter than the rest. They have less branching and slower overall growth. I may be wrong but maybe these 2 will take the longest to complete. Depends. Only time will tell!

I will update with pics soon! If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

Cheers,
LT

H

Hu73

I'll second Corky on using MH, not HPS for the long-season sats. Even better imho is CMH with off-set t5 uv's.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Subbed! This is inspiring, I'm trying to work up the courage to play with some big sativas indoors. Can't wait to see how these perform!

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm talking about the Oldtimer hazes.

I know just figured the other 100% Sativa's would take more time also!

UPDATE!

Day 10 of 11/13

1 male Zamaldelica

1 female Zamaldelica showed on day 9 moving quickly though

1 Malawi (pretty sure it was female but I dont take notes and its older and a cutting from about 3 months ago)

5 Oldtimers Purple Haze looking nice and starting to cluster at the tops like they are about to push pistols hoping for that! The taller 1 is bothersome already having to raise the light just for it. The Zam's and 1 other Phaze ( a bushy nice looking one) are getting tall already too and I am only 10 days in....

I checked out my new tent and working on setting up the 4hunno looks like the bulb might be toast its flickering?? Or is the ballast going out? Its old ass equipment I havent used in 15 years....

Latest posts

Latest posts