What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Haze

funkyhorse

Hi there Piff
The first Green male was very productive, he is almost spent, I have a cut of him hoping to give me some late pollen
The second male is very late and he is starting to give some pollen just now
Stems of this guy are very resinous and he doesnt seem to be specially productive as opposed to his brother
I attach some photos of this guy, low resolution
It is in 1,3 liter pot. The curved leaves I think is because of small pot. But he is over 2 meter tall and cant give bigger legs indoors. For my needs it is enough
Outdoor girls dont have leaves like the guys indoors in small pots and they dont seem to mind the cold. I sadly cant keep boys outdoors

I chopped the Purple Haze x Meao Thai males and both The Purple Haze leaning guy and the Meao Thai leaning guy have hollow stems

Have a nice week everybody

Attachments

• Green Haze male 2 (3).jpeg
    Green Haze male 2 (3).jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 99
  • Green haze 3 (2).jpeg
    Green haze 3 (2).jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Green Haze male 2 (7).jpeg
    Green Haze male 2 (7).jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Green Haze male 2 (6).jpeg
    Green Haze male 2 (6).jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Green Haze male 2 (5).jpeg
    Green Haze male 2 (5).jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Green Haze male 2 (4).jpeg
    Green Haze male 2 (4).jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 79

Piff_cat

Hi there Piff
The first Green male was very productive, he is almost spent, I have a cut of him hoping to give me some late pollen
The second male is very late and he is starting to give some pollen just now
Stems of this guy are very resinous and he doesnt seem to be specially productive as opposed to his brother
I attach some photos of this guy, low resolution
It is in 1,3 liter pot. The curved leaves I think is because of small pot. But he is over 2 meter tall and cant give bigger legs indoors. For my needs it is enough
Outdoor girls dont have leaves like the guys indoors in small pots and they dont seem to mind the cold. I sadly cant keep boys outdoors

I chopped the Purple Haze x Meao Thai males and both The Purple Haze leaning guy and the Meao Thai leaning guy have hollow stems

thanks for the detailed info.... the green haze is vastly underrated and to me represents a true haze population in ot haze. and you seem to have a male on each end of the spectrum. from what ive learned, i think this lanky male is of south african descent as compared to the northeast asian/south china(korea, japan, south china) which represent the thicker green males. ocimene content, oxygenated terpenes, and cbg/cbgm/cbc content are integral to the haze profiles and the green males seem to pass it on to progeny. tropical seeds has a beastly green male which has been put to the 91 sensi c5haze f3 which i think youve also grown. and now the a5 has been put to the green haze 19 as well. these are great opportunities for linebreeding to build new haze seed lines. im currently hunting thru 17 of dj9s outback haze x tlt n vietnam and plan on integrating the green haze pairings to the best females and males. ive found a couple freaky/mutant signs in a couple so far.

funkyhorse

I like both males very much, they have plenty of resin, they really stand out
Working with the second mail is difficult, a tiny little bit of pollen everytime enough for a few seeds in a plant or two
First male growing as cut now was incredibly productive, in just one batch I had all of the girls I wanted pollinized

Update on the Green Haze girls, pictures from now
Girl 1
Green haze 1.jpeg
Green haze 1 (2).jpeg

Girl 2
Green haze 2 (2).jpeg
Green haze 2.jpeg

Girl 3
Green haze 3 (3).jpeg
Green haze 3 (4).jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody

Kiefcake

Hola everyone! Finally made an account to be able to post.

1st pic.
Here on the left is an Old Timers Haze from seed, and maybe two weeks into pistil development, which one branch that has the orange pipe cleaner on it is where I Pollinated with a OTH male.
I know waiting many weeks into flower is ideal, but the male showed sex like 2 months ago and pollen had been collected 4-6 weeks ago (seeds started same day).
The plant on the right is a destroyer that I've pollinated with OTH where the orange tag is, Purple Haze x Malawi where the purple and blue one is, and a branch of destroyer where I'm using at least 5 males (I forgot how many, Germinated a handful for seed run to refresh 2016 stock, used all males and have 3 females)

The second pic has a purple haze Malawi that's been going for many months.

The 3rd one is a cutting of the destroyer in the 1st pic.

The 4th one is a purple haze Malawi male that came out a fem pack, very nice growth and quite similar structure to the destroyer i pollinated, very vigorous.

The fifth one is a different destroyer female which i harvested last week and was done exceptionally quick, i dont generally write dates, but it feels like it was 9 weeks, of which I'm currently trying to germinate 4 PHM x Destroyer from it. I smoked the seed husk bud after harvesting, and super happy up smoke.

Dubi, you have my deepest gratitude for the work you and the Ace team have done.

I also have some Golden tigers I've been running for a little over a year, and just started 2 Tikal fems (1 has germed and is seedling) 1 Malawi fem ( I want to experience the killer Malawi without the Thai influence), and 1 Panama Haze.

Attachments

• 20220513_211907.jpg
    15.4 MB · Views: 106
  • 20220513_211042.jpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20220513_211256.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 20220321_140601.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 82
  • 20220505_175230.jpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

funkyhorse

Some update pictures from today of Purple Haze x Thai
Girl 1, she seems to be the faster one
PH x T 1 (4).jpeg
PH x T 1 (5).jpeg

Girl 2 middle pheno, not purpling yet
PH x T 2 (3).jpeg
PH x T 2 (4).jpeg
PH x T 2 (5).jpeg

Girl 3, she will be a serious candidate for beauty queen of the season, she is the longest flowering one and a lot of purple hues
PH x T 3 (3).jpeg

Kiefcake

OLd Timers Haze
Started in February, hoping it has another 5 weeks of stretching. Added some lime for ph issues, and now it seems to be rolling along pretty well now.
I'm thinking it may be a little pot bound

Attachments

• 20220521_121605.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220521_121605.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 109

Kiefcake

It seems I added the same one twice, this has a better angle of foliage.

Attachments

• 20220521_121624.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 105

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Over all the years I've been growing I've discovered, haze needs fertilizer too. If you under fertilize the plant will never reach its full potential.
Keep the plant small indoors by root restriction, not by restricting nutrients and you will get danker buds and a truer expression of the genetic potential.

Theorganicguy

Over all the years I've been growing I've discovered, haze needs fertilizer too. If you under fertilize the plant will never reach its full potential.
Keep the plant small indoors by root restriction, not by restricting nutrients and you will get danker buds and a truer expression of the genetic potential.

I must confess that I underestimated OTH's needs for fertilizers. A couple spoon of fermented manure were enough to overfeed her and, a couple weeks later, she started showing lacks of nitrogen. I was afraid that more manure would have shocked her more and I dind't want her to stretch more or keep preflowering, so I chose to let the seeds ripe in "emergency mode". Keep in mind that my goal was seed production from the beginning, which was quite succesful, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind for my future Haze projects :)

OTH is hanging! This little project went a little longer than six months, but the first impressions are worth every minute already. Approximately another week and I'll start going through the Erdpurt x Haze seeds!

View media item 18701966View media item 18701967

:tiphat:

funkyhorse

Green Haze girl 2
Green haze 2 (5).jpeg

Green Haze girl 3
Green haze 3 (5).jpeg

Purple Haze x Thai girl 3, she is a very strong contender in the category beauty queen of the season and in the category thai x haze or haze x thai passing all tests of mother nature
PH x T 3 (4).jpeg
PH x T 3 (5).jpeg
PH x T 3 (6).jpeg

PH x T girl 3 left and Northern Thai 2008 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90) for colour reference. It is the first time I see this kind of bud the N Thai 2008 cross makes without going intersex
PH x T 3 and n Thai x seedsman hz.jpeg

JockBudman

20220608_104833.jpg

Nice big medusa ot haze, the only female to survive from 7 seeds (don't ask). I've got cuts of 2 boys in the fridge to get rooted out and she's been dusted with their pollen, although I'm not sure it took. Think I left it too long after collecting. The boys I'm keeping for a big repro next year with the new pack I bought when they were released again recently.

Love this strain and really hoping I can preserve it as seed and in crosses for a long time to come.